wat is a Hashan?

124»

Comments

• AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited December 2013
    Trevize said:
    Achimrst said:
    I don't think controlling actions of a Shaman is necessary, that's just something to control the flow of Priests and Apostates from being Evil or Good or neutral. Shaman have always been neutral there is no need to control them with something that stifles their powers. Also the Triad itself doesn't always agree, so being an enemy to one of them could cause problems if your a shaman and it's too easy to abuse that.

I do like the idea of having them tied to the Night gods, if you will, sort of like three separate paths for a Shaman to move along in RP and tying them to the city of Hashan more. I also think that with three paths of a Shaman focused on the three gods could enforce the ideas of the Night a lot more.

As far as abilities go, you should probably suggest that on classleads or something :P
    I see your point. Perhaps have it simply so the basic skills are more bland, choosing one of the Night changes the messages to have a -lot- more flavor, and make it so you can't be a 'cleric' of the God if you're enemied, and you go back to the 'plain' shaman flavor if you get enemied (and can choose another assuming you're not enemied to all three?)
    I'm not sure flavor text is something that will increase the activity of some. It's a novelty sure but then other classes are going to ask for similar things when they join the order of a god. Perhaps instead of tying things with the literal god themselves it should better be left with the Realm of the god, sometimes people don't actually want to join the order so having Darkness focused Shaman, Dream/Vision focused Shaman, and Moonlight focused Shaman would be what I am talking about. 

Also, not wanting to know anything about your enemies IC sort of defeats the purpose of having enemies. It's stuff like that which in my view is leading Hashan to where it is now. No one cares about anyone else because it's easier to be apathetic and wishy-washy about things if you don't know what those things are about. I mean how are you expected to ICly RP as an enemy to the Curia and we raid the city and start shouting demands or what not and refuse to leave and literally take over parts of the city? I mean are you just going to tell people: "Oh that's just the Curia they hate us" When asked about it? 

The age old phrase goes. Know thy enemy.
  • Bluef said:
    Trevize said: Let's not get into this argument. Counter-productive, and I know absolutely nothing about the Curia, nor do I honestly want to. If it's Night-based, it probably won't be 'spiritwalk' exactly, so chill. I'm just throwing ideas about giving Shamans some 'fun' skills that would draw in players.

If you want to be productive, throw up a counter-proposal.
    One more  counter-proposal: I wouldn't have any problem with this spiritwalk thing if it was the result of the Curia and Walkers' reunification. The 150 year old grudge is ridiculous. But it would be even more ridiculous for the Walkers to adopt what the Curia have been doing in-character for RL years and then continue to shrug the clan off. Not just that but think of the instant allies and potential PK partners the city would gain if people could be forced to move a few people's personal issues. I'm one of the more active members of Valnurana's order too, so it would open up doors for more of a Dream presence in the city as well if old hatchets could be buried!
    That's nothing I know anything about or have any part in. Your post before you edited it, about a whole new class - would love it, but I see it as a lot less likely than adding a new skill to replace runelore going to tradeskill on multiclass.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Achimrst said:
    Also, not wanting to know anything about your enemies IC sort of defeats the purpose of having enemies. It's stuff like that which in my view is leading Hashan to where it is now. No one cares about anyone else because it's easier to be apathetic and wishy-washy about things if you don't know what those things are about. I mean how are you expected to ICly RP as an enemy to the Curia and we raid the city and start shouting demands or what not and refuse to leave and literally take over parts of the city? I mean are you just going to tell people: "Oh that's just the Curia they hate us" When asked about it? 

The age old phrase goes. Know thy enemy.
    I didn't say anything about IC.

Me, personally, OOC, I've no interest in the Curia clan, and don't see why it was brought up like it has? Seems irrelevant.

I know a class wouldn't do most of the factional identity Hashan wants - but I would still love to see it. I am aware most of the burden lies on the players, and they have been falling short. Hashan - we really need to pick it up there. :(
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Trevize said:
    Bluef said:
    Trevize said: Let's not get into this argument. Counter-productive, and I know absolutely nothing about the Curia, nor do I honestly want to. If it's Night-based, it probably won't be 'spiritwalk' exactly, so chill. I'm just throwing ideas about giving Shamans some 'fun' skills that would draw in players.

One more  counter-proposal: I wouldn't have any problem with this spiritwalk thing if it was the result of the Curia and Walkers' reunification. The 150 year old grudge is ridiculous. But it would be even more ridiculous for the Walkers to adopt what the Curia have been doing in-character for RL years and then continue to shrug the clan off. Not just that but think of the instant allies and potential PK partners the city would gain if people could be forced to move a few people's personal issues. I'm one of the more active members of Valnurana's order too, so it would open up doors for more of a Dream presence in the city as well if old hatchets could be buried!
    That's nothing I know anything about or have any part in. Your post before you edited it, about a whole new class - would love it, but I see it as a lot less likely than adding a new skill to replace runelore going to tradeskill on multiclass.
    Yeah I am sure I have already heard that new classes were not in the works and it would probably take a long time to implement that anyway. I agree Runelore being a tradeskill would definitely help but it's what to replace it with that's the problem. I mean you can make it just a flavor set which reacts to a divine you choose to follow, but as I said other classes will want that too and suddenly you have giant mess on the floor. Not to mention Runelore is a defensive set for Shaman, sort of, as it gives you needed increases as well as defensive strategies. Only a hand full of runes and the totem itself is a tradeskill. So if anything I see runelore staying in some respect and possibly getting replacement runes or abilities for the tradeskill things that are lost.
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited December 2013
    Trevize said:
    Bluef said:

Yeah, didn't edit it. It got removed I think (?).

A whole new class would be amazing, agreed. Every city is heading toward theocracy even in minimalist ways, so it would make sense for "Devotion" type classes to exist in each one. In Hashan, it could be this Night class. Apostate-Priest-Occultist-<this Night thing>-Druid, and so on could be the obvious "lay members" of certain orders, operating as city clerics. 

I would really love to see runelore go the way of obliterate and for shamans to develop healing abilities. This has RP basis both in the fact that Tithian's tome used to share that the earliest shamans were healers and in Valnurana's patronage of the Shamans Guild and all that she taught them about healing, dreams, etc. But I digress - this thread is about Hashan:

The Institute should become a House. Alchemists of the Walkers should be forced to either be houseless or join it. This would give the Walkers the chance to revise their own accepted classes. 

It would also open the doorway for some much-needed, overt intra-city conflict. Not the backbiting and such that goes on in the city newsboards and behind closed doors, but some honest conflict where Houses are at political odds with each other. Every time I read a Hashani news post or see a rite done in the Crown, it is about "unity." Well, sometimes things have to truly break apart before you have any hopes of building something new out of the pieces.
This discussion has been closed.