Raid Fails

Comments

• So, I have this bad practice to rush when it's just a stupid thing to do. I'm aware of it, yet the habit creeps back in from time to time, and I don't realize it until after we are all dead. Due to this, I try to remind myself not to rush like a dumbass, with varying results.

So, a couple of months ago, I led a defense and actually thought to myself "stop a room away and call for beckon/LoS", and I stopped one room away. I was so proud of myself... That is, until I got adducted due to forgetting to put mass on keep up.

Everyone died, I apologized to the party, and spent the rest of the night feeling guilty.
  • XerXer Langley
    I remember that! I also remember when I earringed out at the last second on Alchemist displace to Mhaldor while in Targossas.... when Bambizlo empressed me back in at literally the last half second before it went through. I died on guards instantly haha
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    edited October 2013
    Xer said:
    I remember that! I also remember when I earringed out at the last second on Alchemist displace to Mhaldor while in Targossas.... when Bambizlo empressed me back in at literally the last half second before it went through. I died on guards instantly haha
    peeface

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • RIP @Terra

She'll see this next year :(
  • Jarrod said:
    surprise, retard.

• Got owned by artymonk limb damage while wielding a soulspear that can't parry stuff.
  • Oh Lunge.... How many times you have landed me in an enemy group. I actually, in an effort to save keys, made one macro send Lunge as well as Impale. Works 100% fine in duels. Then on day I was still Kai-ing one of our monks outside the gates and the enemy jumped on us. The monk, being the first target, got hit a few times but managed to move north into the city. Of course, because I watch series while raiding, I did not realise this and hit that impale/Lunge macro one more time.....

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    I derped and deliveranced during a ray fest. Was a great success. @Jinsun went down.
  • Yeah... So my first attempt to drop retardation and get out...

For some reason my jester folder was enabled, and it's below the Magi folder. So "tumble" became "somersault" and "hailstorm" became "handspring". Feelin super stupid.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Been there, done that. Sucks hard.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Everytime I lead a raid defence.

Well, I usually end up dead on contact regardless of whether I lead anyway. I don't know why I bother showing up to defend anymore. You guys always focus me first. Why? I'm not even artied D: Stahp guys, stahp. I wanna stab people too !_!

Uh... yeah, I can't really think of any raid fails... I mean, Cyrene either gets roflstomped, or we can actually pull off a gling rush successfully. So... half of the outcomes are fails by default.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Was wondering how that happened...

Was too busy laughing to ask, though.

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    I gotta admit I saw guards I got the heck out of dodge.  Then I see Target guard 30 seconds later.
  • I just went down with the ship. My mistake - I'll die with all the people that I just got killed.  Was in lesserform trying to futilely land a garrote on a guard.

How many did we get, 1 or 2? 

• I was angel refuging and spamming get corpse, but then I got targeted and Mosr dropped like 7 corpses while I was off equib from shielding. :(

i'm a rebel

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Dunn said:
    WOO I got on the scoreboard
  • Another raid by Hasar (I assume)

- 2013/12/22 16:14:59 - Boendal has been slain by the might of Admiral Mosr Gothfraidh.
    - 2013/12/22 16:18:47 - Proficy meets a bloody end, bludgeoned into an unrecognisable mess by a
    Brighthold watchman.
    - 2013/12/22 16:18:50 - Proficy meets a bloody end, bludgeoned into an unrecognisable mess by a
    Brighthold watchman.
    - 2013/12/22 16:19:05 - Bouff al Zubin has battered Hasar to death.
    - 2013/12/22 16:19:11 - Embracing a warrior's fate, Ralion has succumbed to his own blade.
    - 2013/12/22 16:19:23 - Bouff al Zubin has battered Alcinae to death.
    - 2013/12/22 16:19:51 - Nocroth falls to Mithridates, his body seared to a crisp by electric energy.
    - 2013/12/22 16:19:53 - Jovie has battered Nocroth to death.
    - 2013/12/22 16:20:04 - Caoimhaen has bled out, slain by the might of Seftin Azon.
    - 2013/12/22 16:20:14 - Elazar has bled out, slain by the might of Aleksandra al Ashtad.
    [Type MORE if you wish to continue reading. (98% shown)]
    more
    [File continued via MORE]
    - 2013/12/22 16:22:55 - Boendal has lost the ability to return to the corporeal, and perishes.

more

• I know plenty of those guys are very new as well, some not even tri-trans and pretty low levels. At least they are out getting raid experience. Can't learn if you don't try.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Thanks for giving it a go. It'd be nice to see Mhaldor get some newer raiders so that we're not only ever fighting Ashtan.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    One day I qq'd to go to work, and apparently at some point there was a time reset and I got logged back in.. then Shallam got raided.. and I got radienced.. and ressed.. and radienced and ressed.. and when I got home from work I'd lost 6-7 levels. Damn 18 year old tri trans fully artied priests..