WWK

Hey!
So now that WWK strips defences off our opponents, could we turn it into a denizen friendly kick that us Monks could use to break denizen shields while hunting? That would be amazing. Thank you!

Pretty please!
Monks are one of the few classes that lack a shield breaking skill naturally!

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I love how one of the tags is 'please'  :))

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Yes, because we all know Monks need an increase in their skills.

They certainly don't have enough.

GG

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • There are very few classes that can actually remove denizen shields right now, even if a lot of them have methods of removing them from other players. This definitely doesn't seem like something Monk needs though, just wait for them to attack next.
  • Monks don't need to be able to wwk;ucp;ucp NPCs. Their bashing is already among the best.
  • edited December 2013
    I tried to WWK M. Bison with Akuma, and the fascist bastard just blocked my multi-hit attack just like that. Thus, rejected.

• Tecton has said a lot that he wants monks to have to use a hammer tattoo.

Back in the day I suggested RHK to break shields with an equilibrium cost and that was denied.

• Would be awesome but yeah, now that we don't have to re-stance every time we move, it's not necessary. I'm not sure that even in combat it would be necessary as annoying as shields are. Even being int-spec the bashing is still good.
  • edited December 2013
    Honestly, if it had the same delay regaining balance as a hammer tat, @Cooper's idea is fine. Plenty of things mimic the effect, and with trans tattoos it isn't as if you're hurting for slots anyway.

• That was the intention of my classlead 187, with the added inclusion of handling deafness.  Now that WWK handles deafness, it could do the same as a hammer tattoo.  Unfortunately, the decision on it was that they're happy with monks needing hammer tattoos.
  • Penwize said:
    That was the intention of my classlead 187, with the added inclusion of handling deafness.  Now that WWK handles deafness, it could do the same as a hammer tattoo.  Unfortunately, the decision on it was that they're happy with monks needing hammer tattoos.
    A shield stripping kick would be a little overpowered. shieldKick + punch + punch does seem unfair. But hey, with drs a hammer tat is super quick anyway, throw in a diadem and lethal ink and I have a 1.2-1.3s hammer tat. Winning.
  • Nemutaur said:
    Penwize said:
    That was the intention of my classlead 187, with the added inclusion of handling deafness.  Now that WWK handles deafness, it could do the same as a hammer tattoo.  Unfortunately, the decision on it was that they're happy with monks needing hammer tattoos.
    A shield stripping kick would be a little overpowered. shieldKick + punch + punch does seem unfair. But hey, with drs a hammer tat is super quick anyway, throw in a diadem and lethal ink and I have a 1.2-1.3s hammer tat. Winning.
    Classlead 187 wasn't a shield stripping kick, it was a telepathy ability to strip shield, which would avoid that issue.
  • There were nerfs? :s
  • Stuff monks need more than this:

- psycombat
    - Tekura stances that vary cosmetically based on House, eg. Black Lotus would get willow stance, Ebon Fist get mantis stance, Ashura get tiger stance
    - luchadore masks
  • Daeir said:
    Yeah, I don't think telepathy needs any more strength.
    I actually think it does, just not this kind of strength.

Fighting int monks can be so much more fun than fighting str monks.

Also, yes, psycombat.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Blujixapug I'd like to refer you to @Gibbi's thread about luchadore type warrors

• Daslin said:

@Blujixapug I'd like to refer you to @Gibbi's thread about luchadore type warrors

Actually, they're not supposed to be just... know what, forget it. They can layeth the smackdown and ignore the other abilities :)

I have undressed a god.

• Gibbi said:

Actually, they're not supposed to be just... know what, forget it. They can layeth the smackdown and ignore the other abilities :)
    Ha ha, turned your barbarians into wrestlers! :ar!
  • Oh, they weren't meant to be wrestlers? But they had abilities like piledriver and flying elbow...
  • Iocun said:
    Oh, they weren't meant to be wrestlers? But they had abilities like piledriver and flying elbow...
    I assume it was like vikings getting rowdy on mead and getting into brawls. Vaulting tables to deliver a spinning piledriver to secure the last zelahia wing from Grolf the Burly.
  • Daeir said:
    you have high damage/affliction capacity
    Monks only have a high affliction capacity in groups because a few telepathy abilities complement certain other affliction classes.  There's not much they can do with their afflictions on their own right now though, making telepathy monks fairly non-viable outside of group scenarios.
  • The advantage of a telepathy monk as it stands at the moment, other than helping with other afflction classes, is the pool of mana from which to transmute.
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • int/eq monk is one of the most fun things in the world.

mind command is fast enough to use on every combo, telepathy can be done prone and quickly hinder your opponent while they're trying to finish a setup.

you can do things like enfeeble/crush/choke after a sip/moss and complete all 3 before they are able to sip again (instakills a few people).

In melee you don't have to worry about being hindered because you're just an enfeeble/choke bot with likely higher or equivalent DPS than axk/bbt bots.

• Not saying that tele/kaido monks are bad by any means. But they'll certainly struggle to get kills in 1v1 fights without being heavily artied.
  • NemutaurNemutaur Germany
    edited December 2013
    Int kaido/telepathy monk is the truth in raids, it's something that can make or break an encounter with the enemy. 

But if you're running around with 12 strength (or probably less really since you're going for the full int) then there's just some classes you'll never be able to kill 1v1. 14 Strength seems to be a very nice sweet spot for getting pretty much every class except for dual shield wielding full plate wearing sons of a dogs.

Granted I never had quick-witted as Int spec (haven't been Int spec for like 2-3 months now), but I can't see myself winning a duel with 12 strength against a high armoured target even if I have the advantage of blindingly quick afflicting.

EDIT: do have an aldar talisman/diadem though so that's pretty much the same as QW without having it.
  • I was going to switch from int monk because I wanted to change after not being able to stand 45 rooms out in the area and crush people to death.

The last few raids and encounters and nearly killing Terra while locked with just enfeeble and kai choke spam made me change my mind, though.

Though, my artifact list has like 33 items. I'll probably upgrade my collar or sash and just make it worse instead.

No to WWK breaking shield. That's what this thread was about, right?
  • Oh, nobody was saying their defence was weak, by any means. But transmuting doesn't kill your opponents.
  • With Int monk though you can't get the 80% BBTs that people all complain about though!  =((