Mayaween Costumes!

edited October 2012 in The Scarlattan Theatre
Seeing as Makesh is all ready with his ghostly and freaky Mayaween goodies, costumes and what not, show off your costume designs and newly edited descriptions for all to see here!

Comments

• I still have my lycopod costume from years back. Fun times.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • @Jiraishin What does it look like? :)

• A menacing lycopod costume:

Jagged grey-green leaves of cloth veined with copper sprout from the mottled
    trunk of this lycopod costume, rustling ominously in even the slightest breeze.
    Clever sleeves made of cloth and green rope give the wearer's arms the
    appearance of two thick green vines, ready to lash out at any unsuspecting
    passerby. The costume covers the wearer's entire body and face, with two
    eyeslits appearing like scars in the flesh of the plant and the hole for the
    mouth concealed within the lycopod's dark maw.
    It weighs about 2 pounds and 8 ounce(s).
    It is on the light side, offering some protection from the cold.

• @Jiraishin - Nice!

One that I designed and won in a contest some time ago:

a Leviathan costume
    The oily outer membrane of this costume is large and ebon-colored. Thick sheets
    of material are woven throughout the Leviathan's body and tail, allowing the
    wearer to recreate the writhing and thrashing of the real creature. Shards of
    metal have been inserted throughout the body of the costume in shades of black
    and grey, creating the illusion of horrific scales. Immense false fangs decorate
    the mouth and serve as the final detail of this Leviathan costume.

(Party): Mizik says, "This can't possibly go wrong."
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I like the Ironbeard one...

This costume is a creation of a scruffy grey beard, a long-sleeved white tunic, simple black 
    trousers, a belt made of rope, and a suede vest. What makes it special are the layers and layers of 
    padding made from scraps of fabric, allowing the wearer to achieve the full, round appearance of the 
    magnanimous dwarf Ironbeard. A chocolate-coloured hat is provided, as well as a bulging sack to 
    throw over one shoulder. Rather than coveted gift pouches, however, the sack is stuffed with old 
    socks that smell of dirty feet and strong ale.
    It has 9 months of usefulness left.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Makesh (a denizen).

You are now wearing an Ironbeard costume.
    As you put on an Ironbeard costume, the scent of ale surrounds you, filling you with the sudden urge 
    to give a jovial cheer!
  • @Corbeaux yeah, mine was the contest also-- 2nd tier prize or whatever it's called. First design I ever made for Achaea.

I think I bought one of those Leviathan costumes once. Unsure. Nice work, either way!

• Great design, @Corbeaux!

Just for fun, here's mine - a sort of dark angel. Yes, I know descriptions tend not to also describe clothes, but it seemed to better integrate said 'costume' with the character. Hope it is to somebody's liking.

She is a winged atavian. Loose ivory folds peep out among a sea of deep jet silk that gently caresses her pale skin, the hem of her 
    gown just about brushing her ankles. With her bare feet barely touching the ground, her fragile form is accentuated by the tinted stygian gleam on her beating glass-like wings that frame her upper body, their normally pure iridescence stained obsidian. Her ebon hair is loose and windswept as it frames her face, silvery strands falling freely across her face. A pair of clear blue-green eyes grace her otherwise un-adorned visage. On her left arm a serpentine trail of inked symbols in black and silver curl around her wrist, 
    extending towards her elbow. She is wearing a jet silk gown with an empire waistline.

• I think @Zahan needs to post the description of the shrubbery costume he designed.
  • @Luhar Agreed! From what I remember, it was pretty cool - plus, it rustled as you put it on. :D

• edited October 2012
    He is a horned satyr and his face has been completely covered in charcoal - from his roughly cut hair to his dirty, club-footed hooves - he is all grubby, greyish-black. His eyes and teeth are stark white in comparison. He is wearing diaphanous black clothing which flashes the unpleasant sight of his slightly broken body underneath.

I'm Tuerney's shadow.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • I bought a Keresis costume! I'm feeling very very scary!
    Every day sends future to past 
    Every breath leaves me one less to my last
  • @Shahai Can't wait to see you in person in it! (IG, of course) :P

• Anytime! :D
    Every day sends future to past 
    Every breath leaves me one less to my last
  • Here's the one I designed for a Mayaween contest 2-3 years ago.

Made to resemble an ancient cairn stone, this costume is rather unique. Heavy canvas has been dyed a stony grey and stretched tightly over a wire frame that slides over the head and shoulders. Large stains discolour the canvas in varying places to simulate the effects of rain and snow over the ages, and dyed wool has been artfully sewn onto the lower portion of the canvas like a creeping cover of moss. Lightly etched on the front of the costume are a number of mysterious symbols, barely discernible upon the stone-like material.