Starbound

Comments

• Yeah, you need to quit the game to download the update.  Luckily it didn't require a character wipe.
  • Ok cool, so I'm basically where I was without the brokenly OP items from crafting, works for me!
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Jarrod said:
    Will it take effect if I relog? I'm not opposed to it, just wondering because my crafting table and weapon still show insane numbers.

Also, Trey, did you have those yesterday? Because everything got reset as of this morning.

:((

• Also wtf no more wood powered ship.

• Yeah, wood was way too easy to get for the benefit, so they removed it and added in more ores for fuel to planet surfaces.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• I found a mini village...

Commissions- Base pay is 15cr/hour of work. See THIS for commission FAQ.
    The current commission queue is 5. Estimated delay in new commissions is > one week.
    There is currently a freeze on commissions. No new requests are being taken at this time, and current pieces are delayed. See sketchbook thread for details.

• Hahahaha, that's awesome.

By the way, final sector (Threat levels 5-10):

X 40 Per 7423 V

Head to the left when you're on the planet, it's a ways away, but there's a tech chest in a shallow pool with the Bubble Boost tech in it, amazingly fun!

• I think monsters love my planet D:

I was going to make my base here... but whenever I go to the left, a dozen monsters jump out of the ether and go for my precious face D:

On top of everything dealing half of my health per hit. D:
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • FYI homeworlds don't do anything yet.
  • Homeworld is convenient because you can build a base there, then fly to homeworld whenever you want, so you don't lose it in the universe.

• Jarrod said:
    Homeworld is convenient because you can build a base there, then fly to homeworld whenever you want, so you don't lose it in the universe.
    I just shoved everything onto my ship. split it in half with some titanium panels and platforms I ripped out of a human base after slaughtering the guards and taking all their delicious stims.
  • Yeah, you can stack the 16 slot dressers on top of each other like 4-5 high, so I put all my building stuff on platforms on the upper half of my ship so I would have room to install my toilet. Also there's poop all over my floor because I keep running into poop dungeons in the bottom of houses.
  • Insane default forged weapons patched. RIP 5000 damage steel sword
  • New patch released today, doesn't require a wipe but they suggest you start a new character. The birds are improved but still strong. Taking 35-45 damage a hit from them with a fresh character. They do have a shorter range though.
  • Florans are so cute! *_*
  • Bought it yesterday and having fun, got wiped by the penguins the first time but then I got them. On the second sector now and lets see what happens.
  • Remember, if you find a planet with something awesome, copy the coords down and post them here and everyone can go and check it out! (remember planet name too, so we know which planet in the system)

• I found a fleshy underground. It was squishy, and crunchy with bones.

And then there was lava, and magmarock. And gold, and platinum, and diamonds. I can't even do anything with them yet D:

I got here by accident... I triggered a "landslide" of soft sand... and the hole kept going down and expanding and more landslide and I died. So I had to go back and investigate. Without the dieing. And it was fleshy.
  • Daklore said:
    I found a fleshy underground. It was squishy, and crunchy with bones.

And then there was lava, and magmarock. And gold, and platinum, and diamonds. I can't even do anything with them yet D:

I got here by accident... I triggered a "landslide" of soft sand... and the hole kept going down and expanding and more landslide and I died. So I had to go back and investigate. Without the dieing. And it was fleshy.
    Yeah, I found that too, hauled home a stack of bone blocks because they're crunchy. My newest character- found tons of diamonds, but NO COAL. I HAVE 30 COAL AND 55 DIAMONDS. I don't even have enough copper to make copper armour yet.
    Commissions- Base pay is 15cr/hour of work. See THIS for commission FAQ.
    The current commission queue is 5. Estimated delay in new commissions is > one week.
    There is currently a freeze on commissions. No new requests are being taken at this time, and current pieces are delayed. See sketchbook thread for details.

• You can make the coals from unrefined wood now. 10 wood = 1 coal. If you're in a pinch and really need it :3 (use the smelter)
  • Daklore said:
    You can make the coals from unrefined wood now. 10 wood = 1 coal. If you're in a pinch and really need it :3 (use the smelter)
    That helps but it still feels like they cut coal back to much, to me at least. Be nice if they just add a certain ore/material/whatever that is ship fuel and possibly bombs and leave the rest for what they make now.
  • I uh... received this as a gift and it was midnight out of nowhere IRL.

• Darktalon said:
    Daklore said:
    You can make the coals from unrefined wood now. 10 wood = 1 coal. If you're in a pinch and really need it :3 (use the smelter)
    That helps but it still feels like they cut coal back to much, to me at least. Be nice if they just add a certain ore/material/whatever that is ship fuel and possibly bombs and leave the rest for what they make now.
    I hear you can get uranium and plutonium in later sectors to power your ships. And there are bombs, you have to buy them though. I think. I've found some in chests here and there.
  • Solarium is 8 fuel per ore from later planets!

• Anyone got the coords for a gun planet? Obviously the one before the patch doesn't work now, and I'm wanting to try taking on the penguins.

• I think gun vendors might have been removed? I found the airship in alpha from the pre-patch coords, but there was no vendor.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    nah they're still there, the constructs MAY still be on your old coordinates, but the npcs that spawn within, are also randomized
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Daklore said:
    Darktalon said:
    Daklore said:
    I hear you can get uranium and plutonium in later sectors to power your ships. And there are bombs, you have to buy them though. I think. I've found some in chests here and there.
    Yeah, I find bombs once in a while but would like to be able to make them. Maybe I have not progressed far enough for that yet. Just know I still am grabbing coal and running out at tier 4 planets heh.
  • I'm enjoying being stuck on a planet with little coal, less trees and just enough armour to survive a single hit. Oh and all my red stims are gone. So yaaaaaaaaaa good times.