Starbound

Comments

• I couldn't see mine at first because it went to my numbers instead of my inventory, I'd suggest going through your inventory and making sure you didn't accidentally pick it up.

I just beat the second boss (much easier) and moved to the gamma sector. Now to get 1-shot by everything until I can start making Platinum/Titanium armor :(
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @jarrod, only real way to make platinum armour is to dupe the platinum bars, the ore was added to the wrong sector.

also, we should totally set up a multiplayer server for this, Achaeabound or something 
    :P
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

something fun you can do in Starbound : 

• I modified the ore table to put a low chance of platinum in at the appropriate levels (I just added it in at half the rate of the 4th tier planets).

Beat the dragon in 2 attempts, and I'm working my way through the various upgrades in the fourth sector. Also, holy crap, I need to smell the roses more I guess, I've not seen a single tech upgrade yet :(
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• I figured out instruments in Starbound so now I'm running around playing LOTR music muahahahahahaahah.
    Commissions- Base pay is 15cr/hour of work. See THIS for commission FAQ.
    The current commission queue is 5. Estimated delay in new commissions is > one week.
    There is currently a freeze on commissions. No new requests are being taken at this time, and current pieces are delayed. See sketchbook thread for details.

• Ok, I think I'm done 'advancing' until the patch hits and wipes our characters, then to start anew! Found a tentacle biome planet which was weird, found a 40 armor pen sniper rifle that destroys stuff, crafted the best racial armor I could craft. Still got 1 shot by temple mobs on the threat 40 planet :(

Really fun game, can't wait for the patch and hopefully access through more tiers. New change with weapons means big numbers, which is good :)

• Yeah, I'm waiting too.  For now, I'm cruising around T1 planets saving coords to look at once the patch hits.
  • If you find them, saving coords of 'gunship' planets will make advancing through the game extremely easy once it resets (assuming they stay the same) since you can kill so much so easily with a good sniper.

• The 20-30 range is so messed up. The best human gear you can make caps at 25 armour and after you beat Bone dragon you need to farm dif 31 stuff to get level 32 armour and then you farm level 32 stuff to make whatever. It's just a huge gap followed by a grind. Silly beta.

Looking forward to the stuff down the line like homeworlds and vehicles and I hope ship stuff!
  • Jarrod said:
    If you find them, saving coords of 'gunship' planets will make advancing through the game extremely easy once it resets (assuming they stay the same) since you can kill so much so easily with a good sniper.
    Does this really work? I tried using the coords between servers and the gunship disappeared (rest of the planet was the same). With the pwipe, I'm guessing they'll regenerate the planets, so you might lose the gunship.
    The current commission queue is 5. Estimated delay in new commissions is > one week.
    There is currently a freeze on commissions. No new requests are being taken at this time, and current pieces are delayed. See sketchbook thread for details.

• GOT MY FIRST TECH! Energy dash! Found it in an apex lab dungeon, had to get through a shock current puzzle.

• Gunships are planet specific, not generated on character creation. You can look up gunship planets online and find them that way.

As for the 30+ armor, I'm pretty sure that he just put in a bunch of armor you can speed through (hence the 40 bars to upgrade instead of a boss) to see what the later gear looks like.

• One purchase and 8 hours later, I hate you all again :'(
  • Hayte said:
    One purchase and 8 hours later, I hate you all again :'(

• I cheated to hell and back for the penguin ship/distress beacon. Not only did I stock up on guns, but I set the distress beacon off on the Avian ship. Soon as one of those little bird bastards got tagged every single one of them opened fire on the UFO. /easymode

• Hayte said:
    One purchase and 8 hours later, I hate you all again :'(
    yeah, I think I clocked like over 12 hours of playtime in the first 24 hours I owned it. Right before finals too. This thread sucks

I'm stuck on the dragon myself. I don't want to change platinum spawn, so I'm just stuck having aerial battles with it when it can one shot me. :(

• First character. Randomly generate name. Eyestabber...ok cool enough. Land on planet. Everything on planet; trees, creatures, doors, even the chests, all made of eyeballs. Genocide.
    I guess I could appreciate the game's sense of...eye-rony?
  • Hayte said:
    First character. Randomly generate name. Eyestabber...ok cool enough. Land on planet. Everything on planet; trees, creatures, doors, even the chests, all made of eyeballs. Genocide.
    I guess I could appreciate the game's sense of...eye-rony?
    Ha that is the planet my character started on. Was awesome. The eye chests have a lot of good stuff in them, or they did for me. And the trees give wood, fiber and those eye seeds. One of the better planets tp start on.
  • Trey said:
    I cheated to hell and back for the penguin ship/distress beacon. Not only did I stock up on guns, but I set the distress beacon off on the Avian ship. Soon as one of those little bird bastards got tagged every single one of them opened fire on the UFO. /easymode
    I just did the wall/ceilings of blocks thing and let it kill itself. Slowly. So slowly...
  • STARBOUND PATCH IS OUT. I REPEAT, IT IS OUT.

• Watch out for the birds. Died three times to them before getting enough stuff for a regular bow. They are crazy strong on some planets.
  • Darktalon said:
    Watch out for the birds. Died three times to them before getting enough stuff for a regular bow. They are crazy strong on some planets.
    >_> I was freaking terrified when I encountered my first bird and it started breathing fire on me.
  • A lot of stuff is way too easy now.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
    to be honest, it was already too easy when my game bugged and dropped a 25 armor pen weapon on my threat 1 planet and I could threeshot the ufo with it

• Way too easy? How am I so bad? I think the new armor system is way more painful.

• There's a massive 'bug' right now, because the weapons are dropping way too powerful. The weapon levels weren't adjusted to the new 1-10 scale, so level 5 weapons are meant for threat level 5 planets (ie. old level 50 weapons).

That's why everything is easy.

• To illustrate the above, currently Threat 10 enemies have between 4000 and 5000 health, I've found a single weapon that hits for over 4000 from a vendor/drop, however, crafting gets you:

So...yeah. I'm sure it'll all be patched, possibly another reset. I'm just exploring Threat 10 planets and writing down all the important coordinates (LIKE BUBBLE BOOST HOLY SHIT THE BEST TECH EVER)

• At work. Can we sell items yet? I've got a stack of Apex doors worth 88,000 pixels.

• Nuts weapon damage got hotfixed a little while ago it seems.
  • Will it take effect if I relog? I'm not opposed to it, just wondering because my crafting table and weapon still show insane numbers.

Also, Trey, did you have those yesterday? Because everything got reset as of this morning.