An Invitation to Ashtan

JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
edited October 2012 in The Blank Canvas
I know I posted up another story fairly recently so I was a bit hesitant to post this so soon, but people wanted me to so here it is. It has a pretty generic title because I have no idea what to call it!

Forewarning: This one isn't like my usual stories, which are mostly based on action, fighting etc so far, so if you're looking for that I'll tell you first that this one doesn't have it! The focus in this story is almost entirely on the dialogue, which made it both quite difficult but quite enjoyable to write at the same time, because I don't write a lot of dialogue and I was kind of anxious to get the mannerisms and speech of the characters right. It won't be 100%, but I hope it's close enough to be realistic.

Most of you know that I write my stories based off IC events. I'm not going to comment on how much of this story is real/actually happened, because I think it's more fun to let people guess, but I will say that the things the characters talk about are very real. Probably tainted a bit by their own perspectives, but that's what makes them fun!

If you're one of the people I've shown this story to before, I'd recommend reading it again because I go through my stories and change bits here and there as I go, so they're never quite the same. 

Thanks to the people in this story. :) It wouldn't have been possible to write without you, obviously.

Enjoy! Comments and such are welcome, as always.

If you like my stories, you can find them here:
Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

Comments

• XerXer Langley
    Another awesome read as always haha. Even if the thought of losing Mhaldorians to Ashtan makes me rrraaaaagggggggeeeeeee (no offense Ashtan :P). I'm still surprised at some tidbits I gleaned here and there about their IG counterparts haha. 
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • I like this one a lot.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • VrahVrah Mhaldor
    Brilliant, love it :)
  • I always enjoy trying to figure out who is meant to be who in these stories.

Very nice.
  • Me too, it's a mystery!
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I like the story; it's pretty interesting and reveals a lot about the thought processes and personality of each character.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    @Chryenth: I should've thought, out of all the stories I've posted here so far, that the characters in this particular tale were the easiest to identify! Plus I reuse names from my previous stories, if you read them.

Glad you guys seem to like it so far!

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• Welp, that made me look stupid. Par for course, really.

I had actually noticed. I do the same thing.
  • You're alright, Jurixe.
  • Wonderful story
  • You should publish your stories IG. Sell books for credits. ^^
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    Does that mean you would buy it, @Rangor :D

On a serious note, I might do that someday when I write enough stories. I probably have around somewhere in the vicinity of ten now, but not all are really interesting to those who aren't involved.

@Aetous suggested I think about converting some to an ebook format too. I don't know if people would want it though!

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Jurixe, do it. I'll spend mah hard earned dollars on those!
  • I love the story! Very moving. :)
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)