Gold Drops

It's a pretty common thing for people to have triggers to grab gold when it drops from a mob.  This'll often lead to the situation of people stealing your gold, either intentionally, by walking by you or stopping to talk while you kill things.  It's especially a problem when fighting a high-reward target, having someone stand there waiting for you to kill it, then snag your reward as it drops.

I think it should be changed to simply give you the gold as you kill something, since you already grab their corpse.  Why not the gold too?  It would also alleviate the need for absolutely everyone who hunts to have the same gold-grabbing trigger.

Comments

• I'm with @Silas on this one. The status quo is preferable for many group hunting situations.
  • Could just add a super MMO-y system for gold loot distribution! I mean, it'd be super MMO-y but hey!
  • My script only grabs the gold if I myself killed the thing. Anyway, this is a fairly minor way people can antagonize one another if they choose, and I don't think it should be removed.
  • edited December 2013
    I'd like this, but only if we can turn this option on and off in case we're hunting in a group.

EDIT: Alternatively, can someone point me to a script like @Azor's? I'm a terrible coder. :(
  • edited December 2013
    Trigger: ^You have slain (.*).$

Content: goldget = 1

Trigger: Your generic system triggers for EQ/balance. Add in the following:

Content: 

if goldget == 1 then
    send("get gold")
    send("put gold in pack")
    send("get shard")
    end

Trigger: ^You pick(.*)gold sovereigns.$ Can't remember the exact line, something like that.

Content: needgold = 0

Also, to the idea: No. Would really hate it if that was implemented. System works absolutely fine as is, and I don't really see how this is ever being abused. Worst case someone gets a few hundred gold from you.

• (?:pick|scoop)

• who bashes while mounted.

who bashes while not in dform.

c'mon man.

• Santar said:
    Worst case someone gets a few hundred gold from you.

Eh, try a few thousand, not a few hundred.  Have had it happen on big mobs I've killed and such.
  • I like the small imperfections that leave potential for interesting social interaction. Gold drops, that other people may snag. The Prisoner's Dilemma that is mercantile transactions in this game (well, up until they banned 'scams'). Everything about city politics.
  • Penwize said:
    Santar said:
    Worst case someone gets a few hundred gold from you.

Eh, try a few thousand, not a few hundred.  Have had it happen on big mobs I've killed and such.
    Solution: kill the person waiting to steal the gold before you kill the mob.

• XerXer Langley
    edited December 2013
    Why is Santar's get gold trigger exactly the same as mine, down to the variable names D: But yes, I also believe it's fine as it is - I can pick up all the gold and jib that scrub Hasar whenever we hunt together by giving him more. NOW HE'S IN MY DEBT WITH ACCRUING INTEREST AT -100% PER SECOND.

EDIT: Nvm, mine's getgold, but close enough!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    you know that now everyone sees how much gold you pick up, right? So technically if he really wanted, he could keep track of how much you really get >_>

• Someday, you guys will only get a single gold sovereign from an enemy, and you will be so disappointed that you'll just keep trying to pick up gold until you get more.

And it'll be just so depressing.

(no but seriously, sovereigns?\. not sovereigns.)

• edited December 2013
    expandAlias("do get gold") :/

You folks and your variable nonsense. (Both for seeing gold on ground, or when it drops.)

• See, everyone here has a trigger for it.  If it's something absolutely everyone is already going to trigger, and it's a potential avenue for grief, why not just make it automatic like corpses already are?

As for the just killing them option, I'm under the impression that taking gold drops doesn't count as theft and isn't a valid reason to attack someone, similar to how kill stealing is viewed?  With how certain people are with issues, that's somewhat important, as much as I wish it wasn't.
  • Penwize said:
    As for the just killing them option, I'm under the impression that taking gold drops doesn't count as theft and isn't a valid reason to attack someone, similar to how kill stealing is viewed?  With how certain people are with issues, that's somewhat important, as much as I wish it wasn't.
    To me it's a valid reason and that's all I need. If someone takes gold and doesn't even apologise and offer it back, even after I ask them what the deal is, then I'll look to kill them.
  • #trigger {You have recovered balance on all limbs.} {get gold}
    #trigger {You do not see} {#gag}

• Cooper said:
    #trigger {You have recovered balance on all limbs.} {get gold}
    #trigger {You do not see} {#gag}
    Should add a get body to that as well for group melee :)
  • That is pretty amusing to me, because I never thought of doing that ever. Most of the time I'm holding down attack macros, but I bet it would have snagged me so many TFs offering to Hermes doing that.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I just do get gold; put gold in pouch.

Silly people and your triggers.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Manual is much more fun, you get things like:

There is no "hold" for you to take.
  • I manual everything.

What's a system?

• I also never used a trigger for picking up gold.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    I have to morse code my commands in.

What's a keyboard?