Svo and the new queueing system

Just a question to @Vadimuses and the general Svo community: are there any ways the new queueing system (ANNOUNCE #3960) can be incorporated into Svo?

It has some major drawbacks such as not giving a shit about amnesia, that I can't see a way around, and other things like not being able to handle grouped commands that I can't see would work. But I'm not a coder. Would be interesting to see what people, particularly Vadi, thought might be achievable in Svo with the new system.

I know it's exciting to think I might be able to get a do queue without the 300ms latency...
"To thine own self be true."

Comments

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Svo's do queue is very generic and was designed to be easy to understand and use. Not sure how the Svo do queue and the server-side queue - when combined - would be a huge benefit. Sure you would save a significant amount of time between commands - but it could also introduce unforeseen headaches for some people.

One idea would be for someone to write an alternative do queue that also makes use of the server side queue, as Svo's queue is kind of "leave it alone, it just works." A few things to consider when doing that - such as making sure curing commands can still get through when they need to (the curing system must come first no matter what), making sure it is just as easy to use as Svo's, and making sure it plays nice with Svo's queue in the event someone decides to play mix&match in their scripting and use both queues for one master plan.

@Iocun made a good do queue and it is publicly available. I also wrote one but it is very specific to my offense and probably wouldn't work for anyone but a serpent.
  • I'll be seeing how I can integrate it into things, but there is the inherent danger of more easily overriding the systems need to use your balance (like for refilling pipes) that's more acute now.

I reckon there'll be two new options - one, to make the system use the queue for curing and stuff - and another, to make Svo'd do queue use queuing for stuff, so you can get the advantage of queueing without having to pretty much change anything at all. That'll be quite sweet and convenient for people.

In its current basic form though, it'll clash with things like the dofree queue which'll suck - so I'm waiting on a more thorough implementation before doing too much.
  • Awesome. Good to know you're considering things.
    "To thine own self be true."
  • UniUni ochlocknee
    wish svo was free!
    but, omni works pretty well as is
    "come and have a go; if you think you're hard enough."

(9>_>)9