Shop of Wonders - What are you hoping for?

13»

Comments

• Ruth said:
    5 crowns for that maritime ledger isn't very worth, given there's only two ports with trade deals daily. Expensive laziness! Unless we're looking at opening more ports with deals?!
    I'm a little concerned that ledgers undermine one of the balancing factors of ship trade deals, potentially serving as the same initial investment = free money button as trader's satchels, but I'm not sure how it will work out in practise.
    How is the walk from your home city to Tasur'ke to Thraasi a balancing factor?
  • YaeYae
    edited October 2013
    From the announcement, I thought it'd be an ocarina that could summon different critters depending on the environment type you were on. It was only one type for 4 crowns. However, I bought it anyway to see if it has any cool features (and ocarinas are pretty cool).

Judging from the small grammar stuff and bugs so far, it seems like the shipment was hastily brought out when people got 'where's the promised goods?' :(

Would like to see a bit of changes worked on it to make it worth the cost. Even a bit if flavor to make the ocarina playable like other instruments when you're not summoning would be nice.
    If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • Stuff like the elixirs should be made unstackable with normal arties/icons/favours. If that were the case, I'd even support them being twice as powerful.
  • edited October 2013
    Eld said:

How is the walk from your home city to Tasur'ke to Thraasi a balancing factor?
    It costs time that most people are unwilling to expend on a daily basis.

I'm mainly concerned because one of the possible ship trading rewards is a Mayan Crown, so it struck me as a "spend Crowns to get more Crowns" thing. I know there's more to ship trading than that, but yeah.
  • edited October 2013
    Balancing factors of trade deals are:
    1. time, roughly an hour or so of combined sailing;
    2. money, the initial investment of about 48k gold at the starting port; and
    3. risk, in the form of pirates and sea monsters.

The ledger has almost no real effect, since the walk to Tasur'ke and Thraasi is trivial by comparison.
  • Convenience aside, definitely disappointed, especially with the wait and even moreso with the costs. 5 crowns for the ledger is ridic. If, maybe, trades started/ended at clockwork and tapoa in addition to tasur'ke and thraasi, maaaaaaaaaaaaybe then it'd be worth it, and maybe that's what they're hoping we're banking on....that we buy it now in the hopes that it'll more than pay for itself when more trade hubs are added.

• edited October 2013
    Anaidiana said:
    Convenience aside, definitely disappointed, especially with the wait and even moreso with the costs. 5 crowns for the ledger is ridic. If, maybe, trades started/ended at clockwork and tapoa in addition to tasur'ke and thraasi, maaaaaaaaaaaaybe then it'd be worth it, and maybe that's what they're hoping we're banking on....that we buy it now in the hopes that it'll more than pay for itself when more trade hubs are added.
    Boy I hope so, because currently it is not worth it. It's handled by to many clans, and is sadly a waste.
  • Daeir said:
    Well, that was disappointing. Truefavor-in-a-can is about the most useful thing to be bought with crowns thus far, but I don't like that they're all apparently expendable. Maybe have them fill with one sip a week or something?
    Wasn't there a vial that fills itself daily with whatever liquid was last in it? Empty a true-favour vial into one of those... and voila! 

• the obfusticated vial USED to refill whatever liquid was in it (we cooks loved it for milk because gathering milk is less-than-predictable), but the obfusticated vials were changed (sob!) to only refill of standard elixirs and tonics. I am unsure about venoms.

In hindsight, the obfusticated vials were likely changed because they were working on the TF vials and they didn't want people being all smart like you, @borran ;)

• Borran said:
    Daeir said:
    Well, that was disappointing. Truefavor-in-a-can is about the most useful thing to be bought with crowns thus far, but I don't like that they're all apparently expendable. Maybe have them fill with one sip a week or something?
    Wasn't there a vial that fills itself daily with whatever liquid was last in it? Empty a true-favour vial into one of those... and voila! 
    Only works for cures now I think.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Frowny face.

• Surely the simpler answer would be to make it so you can't pour the SoW Elixers into anything else? Like you can't pour artefact vials into regular.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• that would be lovely. I want my milk vial back (which sounds vaguely dirty). :-/

• Obfuscated vials should work for venoms again now, though there was a period when they didn't. Of course if you don't already own one you're out of luck because they're no longer for sale.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Venoms are included because @Penwize is awesome and made it happen.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Still want my steel producing artie. Not that I have shit for time to forge anymore, but it'd be nice to pretend!

• @Trey: You could probably put resetting on a suit of fullplate and just smelt that for commodities once a day.
  • Armour/weapon producing artie > steel producing artie.
  • edited October 2013
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • Daeir said:
    Do the vial buffs tick down while you're not logged in? As in, do they persist for played time only, or do they continually lose duration even while logged out?
    They tick down while logged out.
  • Daeir said:

Ugh.

@Tecton: Any chance of changing the buff elixirs to respect online time and not tick down while offline? Would make them more valuable and actually worth buying for people who don't play the game in 12hr sittings.

Yes because there are more people who play in 1-2 hour sittings than that, certainly. If you have any kind of OOC life there will be periods of a day or two where your not even able to log on anyway. Makes this purchase very sketchy for the average player. Then again the average player probably doesn't have the MC to buy it anyway so it's a balance I guess?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited November 2013
    @Antonius said:
    Trey: You could probably put resetting on a suit of fullplate and just smelt that for commodities once a day.
    :-O
  • Peak said:
    @Antonius said:
    Trey: You could probably put resetting on a suit of fullplate and just smelt that for commodities once a day.
    :-O
    Or you could end up with some resetting steel.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.