H: 4304 (100%), M: 3380 (100%) 15346w, 20420e 61%
Kross says in a clear, commanding voice, "To start healing."
H: 4304 (100%), M: 3380 (100%) 15346w, 20420e 61%pp;sit
(svo): System paused.
You sit yourself down.
(p) H: 4304 (100%), M: 3380 (100%) 15352w, 20420e 61%say go
You say in a silky, smooth tenor voice, "Go."
(p) H: 4304 (100%), M: 3380 (100%) 15352w, 20420e 61%
Kross kicks his leg high and scythes downwards at you.
He connects to the head!
Your mind feels suddenly dulled and slow.
Kross launches a powerful uppercut at you.
He connects to the head!
Kross launches a powerful uppercut at you.
He connects to the head!

------------------------------------------------------------------- 
|     AFFLICTED W/ MILDCONCUSSION | AFFLICTED W/ MILDCONCUSSION     |
 ------------------------------------------------------------------- 
(p) H: 421 (9%), M: 3380 (100%) 15358w, 20420e 61%(-3883h, 90.2%) pp
(svo): System unpaused.
(focus|apply restoration to head|sip health|stand|eat potash|outr potash)
You fall to your knees in worship.

Telling me in one combo, I get 91% of my health eaten?
This is without any combos prior, no torso damage.

In-sa-ne

Edit: Artieashuranmonk!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.

Comments

• Artieashuranmonk Ridiculousness didnt quite have the same ring.

Sorry

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Welcome to Bard?
  • Just change to monk, now you're even, congrats.
  • AXK is pretty ridiculous. In theory its long balance cost is the tradeoff for its high damage, but in reality who cares about being off balance when your opponent is dead because you just one-shot them from 70%. It was nerfed at some point - it used to be worse, it was a running joke - but who knows. Parry head, artie out, don't fight Ashura.
  • Well don't parry head....axk can't be done if you're not prone and then parry doesn't work. Parry a leg or something please.
  • How much health did you have after health sip and moss/potash?
    How much from kick and how much from punches? What level knuckles and strength?
    If you're into combat, you should be much higher than level 77. Thread belongs to rants.
  • XliXli
    edited November 2013
    Another thread bemoaning Ashuran monks?

Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • @xli i love you for posting a fresh meat image.
  • XliXli
    edited November 2013
    id:
    @xli i love you for posting a fresh meat image.
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
  • Nemutaur said:
    Well don't parry head....axk can't be done if you're not prone and then parry doesn't work. Parry a leg or something please.
    it is possible that I don't know what I'm talking about.
  • Aren't you a blademaster or something?

• edited November 2013
    I think the blunt Icon tuning grants too much "power" relative to all other forms of tuning in a monk House. I mean, if an Icon granted disembowels/dsls 15% more damage, that will make surviving against artied knights almost mechanically impossible - which is the case here for artied monks with a blunt Icon.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • I think the blunt Icon tuning grants too much "power" relative to all other forms of tuning in a monk House. I mean, if an Icon granted disembowels/dsls 15% more damage, that will make surviving against artied knights almost mechanically impossible - which is the case here for artied monks with a blunt Icon.
    There are no other tunings, get that nonsense out of your head. Blunt or bust.
  • Niraaeth said:

That's not a particularly accurate title for this topic. I'll post a log later, but my AXK will never do even remotely close to that damage. Heck, I had several people tank 3 BBTs in a row with level 2 torso damage, so don't go generalizing like that. :(

That's a Monk with Strength arties and blunt Icon, not a simple Monk.

Can you post a log of the people surviving three BBT's in a row with level two torso damage?

It's classleads man, don't be complaining until aftet they've been released and Monk is still broken.
  • Jovolo said:
    That's not a particularly accurate title for this topic. I'll post a log later, but my AXK will never do even remotely close to that damage. Heck, I had several people tank 3 BBTs in a row with level 2 torso damage, so don't go generalizing like that. :(

That's a Monk with Strength arties and blunt Icon, not a simple Monk.
    Can you post a log of the people surviving three BBT's in a row with level two torso damage? It's classleads man, don't be complaining until aftet they've been released and Monk is still broken.
    The different between level one and level two torso damage bbt's is really tiny, so I can imagine someone surviving it with Mir and Algiz or beastly fullplate, algiz, two shields and a monk with 14 or less strength.

Or maybe it's a grook with 11 strength, there you just need to croak harder and mash that mind crush.
  • If you're a monk and don't have at least 15 strength, then you have no right to complain about balance whatsoever.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Okay, now I change what I said. @Hasar, I'm with you.
  • Hasar said:
    I think AXK should crit.

WHO'S WITH ME.
    It does, just not on adventurers. I hunt cats in Bopalopia with axk.
  • Santar said:
    If you're a monk and don't have at least 15 strength, then you have no right to complain about balance whatsoever.
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Is this another veil thread? Let's talk about tremolo and force armour remove. Ashuran monks are fair because that's what's needed to go up against botnets.
  • edited November 2013
    15 strength isn't even completely min maxed for unartied monk. Unartied monk can go up to 18. 

If you're not speccing your stat, then why should you expect to do a lot of damage? Be like a Serpent not speccing with the new dex change and then complaining dstab too slow.

• At best @Niraaeth has 14 Strength as an Atavian with the racial traits and the major trait. That's without runes, against a tanky target with a sip ring I can see them surviving 3 bbt's. But with a Con spec for example that's 11-12 strength.
  • Still.. that sort of damage in team fights based off being prone does 30-40% more damage than Bite in Dragonform(assuming it's 50%) does. Then again, I'm not sure what sort of armour/damage mitigation Atalkez had. 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Still.. that sort of damage in team fights based off being prone does 30-40% more damage than Bite in Dragonform(assuming it's 50%) does. Then again, I'm not sure what sort of armour/damage mitigation Atalkez had. 
    Yeah but bite ignores armour though and doesn't scale at all with a broken torso or any strength changing arties you have. The only thing bite doesn't ignore is damage shields like Mir, scales, algiz, HF/TF etc.
  • [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you