Army Log

The new war system is awesome but I see the activities spam the city logs quite badly. Would it not be better to have the daily activities of the army in a seperate log with only the major events like the sanctionings and outcomes listed in the city logs?

Comments

• What exactly is spamming the city logs? If it's just conscriptions, that's a temporary thing while cities get all of their solders into the army under the new system. It's not like you'll be conscripting 20+ people on a daily basis after the initial hit. I'm not really seeing anything other than that on Targossas' logs.
  • Yeah that will calm down. More about fonts and tanks. Would also be nice to have all army business seperate. Logging events, skirmishes, orders and so on.

• I think that's good because it shows everyone inthe city who is doing that work. If you put it in another log not everyone would care or bother to read it. Besides it isn't really even that bad.

• I agree with @Cooper. I prefer having it all together and staying informed than having yet another log I need to remember reading all the time.
  • Forgot to include that in my original post. I agree as well, I much prefer having all of the information in one place (even if it makes the logs longer) than having to check several separate ones.
  • edited November 2013
    There are administrative log notes as well, such as shifting tanks around, that could all go to the millog. Some of the stuff can stay, such as who's sanctioning, to give the city a sense of activity and to give newbies ideas of what they should be aiming to do, but conscriptions and automatic administrative note-keeping should all be filtered out similar to how it is for the amblog.

ETA: Rather than making ART as a PT replacement, how about making it replace city defence clans and giving it a newsboard? Could also allow the MoW to withdraw from the war ministry funds to replicate the separate bank account.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Silas said:
     Rather than making ART as a PT replacement, how about making it replace city defence clans and giving it a newsboard? 
    Yes. This. Please.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Also org help files, please.