character wipes?

edited August 2012 in North of Thera
I haven't visited Achaea for several years and so was very suprised when I signed in to find my character still in existence.  Do they not get wiped after a period of inactivity?

Best Answer

• Accepted Answer
    Most characters who are purged automatically by the system have not registered and/or have only played for a few hours in total, in addition to being inactive. I can't tell you exactly why your character wasn't purged, since there are many factors that contribute to the formula, but the fact that you had registered, played for a significant amount of time, and advanced past newbiehood are probably all a part of it!

Glad to have you back in the game!

Answers

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Usually, did you buy any credits? All characters who buy credits are automatically saved forever.
  • No - never bought any. I've had characters in the past which were wiped, so I thought it was rather strange.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    The only other reason I can think of is registration. Otherwise you got lucky! Unless you wanted your character erased...
  • Had thought I might try a different class for a change, but actually quite happy not to have to re-do all that newbie stuff. Killing rats for hours on end in order to level up always did get rather tedious!

• How old is your character? If it was brought over from the first server to the second, it won't get deleted either. I have three alts for whom that's the case.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π