commissioned GUIs

So at the request of a few people I've started doing custom mudlet GUI's. This is the latest one, I'm happy with how it looks so far. They gave me the basic details of what they wanted and provided a few pictures for reference.

Comments

• ValdusValdus Australia
    This is awesome.

Can you post what your prices are, whether some work is more expensive than others and what you can/can't feasibly do?

Viva la Bluef.
  • That screenshot brings back memories of ultima online classic client, probably only because of the scroll. Also thanks for being willing to do this for people, your the man. 

• Valdus said:
    This is awesome.

Can you post what your prices are, whether some work is more expensive than others and what you can/can't feasibly do?

That particular GUI they offered me a mayan crown to make. That's not the finished result. Still a few more elements they wanted. I don't really have a "set" price as I've only done two so far for people who asked me. But if someone wants something done they can ask and we'll take it from there. I customize it to the screensize the person is using (Or two screen sizes, as one person wanted it done for each of their monitors separately). It's not really that hard for me to do so I don't ask a lot. I come from a web design background and really I'm just using the same skills with less html/css/php involved. As for what I can do, so far I've a good understanding of the geyser framework and everything you can do with it. I haven't used vyzor yet, haven't run into anything I couldn't do with geyser and photoshop.

Shadizar said:
    That screenshot brings back memories of ultima online classic client, probably only because of the scroll. Also thanks for being willing to do this for people, your the man. 
    Thats exactly what I saw with those colors. I loved ultima online. Also worth noting the map container on the left is a few cut outs I took of the map used in the movie Goonies!
  • >.> Do you code for zmud?

• edited November 2013
    Anaidiana said:
    >.> Do you code for zmud?
    image A bit dated but I used to do all my work on zmud before mudlet. 

• *perk*  I saw that you were paid a crown for one such commision...is that standard or flexy-type pay? How would it work with all the triggers/colouring i have in so far?

• I love your work, if I wasn't already very happy with mine, I'd totally buy one!
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • Some people were asking me for more details on how I go about designing my GUI's. This is what I call a "layout draft" for an Alchemists GUI I'm doing for him. You can see I layout the elements and provide the person a rough look so they can rearrange windows and art before I start hard coding anything in. The red liquid on the left is for enemy fluid tracking as well.

• Just curious, since I was gonna ask about this anyway - would you be doing a humour level thingy? Because that would be B-Ass and I would totally want it if I got back into Achaea
    meh

• Trilliana said:
    Just curious, since I was gonna ask about this anyway - would you be doing a humour level thingy? Because that would be B-Ass and I would totally want it if I got back into Achaea
    Care to elaborate? Id like to add anything that could be useful. alchemists came out while I was dormant. Don't know too much about them. Reading combat logs and going by what this person asked for I added the enemy fluid tracking. What is humour level and what else would an alchemist track or want to see? Thanks
  • The fluid tracking = humour levels. Each humour has to be "tempered" to do certain afflictions ... I'll find my pastebin for the AB (so if you want to see it you can) http://pastebin.com/czznL3LZ

Having an idea of what the levels are (or could be, would take a bit of testing) visually would actually help me personally with combat
    meh

• edited November 2013
    It's amusing. The more of these I make the more alts I end up playing...
    I now have 5 different Mudlet screens. 1 for each Alt. It's like a new game everytime I switch!
    A lot more to do on the Alchemist one then we have a priest GUI on deck.
  • @Zulah where do you get your art? Random googling?
  • edited November 2013
    Jacen said:
    @Zulah where do you get your art? Random googling?
    I've made a good amount of it. Some is provided by the person (which unfortunately I usually end up making a suggestion or two for something a little better, I try to have standards on how I like it to look. But if someone really wants something I don't talk them out of it) And a few other pieces I grab from specific places. Like the serpent system there is using a picture of a rogue from the new Elder Scrolls online, I just editted him a bit so his quiver would be on the opposite shoulder for the sake of the layout as well as adjusted brightness/contrast to fit with the GUI.(That was a picture they requested. I just made it fit the space) As you can see I have a basic style I try to keep in each. I like them all to look professional when they are finished. A lot of photoshop layers/effects too. For each system I've made I've scrapped at least 5-10 concepts that I didn't care for

• Polished copy of the Alchemy GUI. Functioning 5 level Fluid tracker (With timer dropoff and antimony flake/ginger counting) also all four alchemy balance tracking Bal/Eq/Homun/Temper. Was interesting learning how Alchemy/Physiology works. Saw a few neat tricks they have I've yet to see anyone use in combat too!

On to the next GUI for a priest. (Another class I've never played...)
  • My Gods that's beautiful. Nicely done!
    meh

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Holy crap these are amazing.

I'm going to have to seriously think about this. I honestly don't even know all of what I would want...

Hmm. Will get back to you.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I really like the rusty colour and the wood buttons on the bottom.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Zulah said:
    The latest release. Still finishing up the bottom buttons.

...Can I have one of those?  [-O<
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited November 2013
    Tharvis said:
    Zulah said:
    The latest release. Still finishing up the bottom buttons.

[image]
    ...Can I have one of those?  [-O<
    That is actually a pretty rough start to it. I've been reworking/adding a lot and refining it to look smoother. Along with adding in all the functioning buttons including the "settings/inventory/player" buttons on the bottom right near the mana ball. It should look much better when it's done.

Maybe I'll public release that one since I only made it for a laugh on someones suggestion. (Mind you its not a priority for me as I have a lot of others to make for people)

Someone wanted me to make a WoW GUI for them and I flat out said no. Diablo is as far as I'm going into blizzard style GUI's. I'm also working on a minecraft GUI I find amusing.

Really wish I could use .gif since it's in QT then I could add effects like:

As Penwize suggested I may still do some .png frame by frame to create the effects. Just not sure if that would slow the overall mudlet system down or not
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @Zulah, it'd slow the overall system down, I think
    @Vadimuses, what do you think?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Vadimuses said:
    Thank you. Seems to run just fine without causing issues. You've opened new GUI options for me! (As if I didn't have enough)
  • Honestly, I kinda want that alchemist one, but I don't know when I'll actually come back to the game and play it enough to utilize it,
    meh

• These really do look amazing. I've never before even considered making a GUI, but now I'm more than tempted.