Regeneration idea

Sitting on furniture should give half the willpower/endurance regeneration that meditating/sleeping gives.

It would mean that while sitting around in your city while exhausted you can still interact with people and not feel like an idiot for not sleeping/meditating, it would be suboptimal regeneration compared to sleeping/meditating so people would still do that.

Pros: allows people who spend all their time bashing to interact with people during down time.

Cons: for jumping purposes might have people in groups at gathering places rather than alone in a house
I am sure having endurance/willpower serves some purpose that I'm not aware of
Half might be too much with the split, since you can't meditate and sleep at the same time. It might be more efficient to just rest on a seat if you use both willpower and endurance.

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Or just sitting in general. Why not.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Why not
  • Makes sense to me.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • edited November 2013
    +1
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Makes sense really.
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • Nah, disagree. 

The act of doing nothing already regenerates endurance and willpower at a pretty high rate.

Even regenerating endurance/willpower at all without sleeping/meditate is already a step away from realism, if you want to look at it from an RP PoV.

• I feel discriminated against as a player of a character who eschews the use of furniture :(
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Good

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Iocun said:
    I feel discriminated against as a player of a character who eschews the use of furniture :(
    That's what you get for eschewing with your mouth open.  You and that camel of yours.

• I thought you meant...  Kind of disappointing that you didn't. 

As for those who don't use  furniture, maybe there could be something that people sit on.  Like a yoga mat or prayer mat.
  • The reason you're suggesting this is flawed, but the idea itself is good and I don't see any reason not to implement it.

• What about those of us who are hardcore enough only to sit on the bare ground (preferably made of pointy rocks with brambles and covered in ice)?

Why do those couch- and yogamat-sitting softies always get treated so much better?

Where's the Union of Badasses?
  • Iocun said:
    What about those of us who are hardcore enough only to sit on the bare ground (preferably made of pointy rocks with brambles and covered in ice)? Why do those couch- and yogamat-sitting softies always get treated so much better? Where's the Union of Badasses?
    So badass that you don't need extra regen. Sorted!
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • Iocun said:What about those of us who are hardcore enough only to sit on the bare ground (preferably made of pointy rocks with brambles and covered in ice)? Why do those couch- and yogamat-sitting softies always get treated so much better? Where's the Union of Badasses?
    You can pay to customise your yoga mat to be ground with pointy rocks and brambles
  • Iocun said:
    What about those of us who are hardcore enough only to sit on the bare ground (preferably made of pointy rocks with brambles and covered in ice)? Why do those couch- and yogamat-sitting softies always get treated so much better? Where's the Union of Badasses?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.