Limbs Level 1, 2, 3 It is really confusing.

So I am new and trying to work out my curing stuff, I got svo but I am not sure I like it and I have had a look at omnipave.

However it would be really nice if the limb break stuff was a little bit easier to follow. It is all called different stuff and sometimes I get really confused about what is what and I normally die before I have enough time to figure it all out. I thought I pretty much had it down, but I keep getting more and more confused.

Would it be possible for people to load up any limb breaks they know here and what type of limb break they are and what levels they give. I.E. does it mangle, damage and cripple or does it only damage and cripple.

I did it completely wrong the first time round, because I thought crippled was level 2 and damaged was level 1 because crippled sounded worse to me.

For example this just happened, what do those even mean :(
A charcoal black hippogriff breaks your left leg.
A charcoal black hippogriff crushes your right leg.
A charcoal black hippogriff pulverises your left arm.
A charcoal black hippogriff smashes your right arm.
You cease to wield a small blackjack.

There are sooo many abilities that do these breaks and the help does not explain them properly at all. Also it doesn't even mention those priest disruption things that you have to focus.

I don't know if asking this sort of question is frowned upon on forums and I should be trying to find out in character, but as quite a few people seem to buy systems I thought it might be okay. I found it difficult to understand from the way OmniPave does it.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Yeah, the different ways of explaining the level of breaks can get pretty confusing.

There are basically 3 break types

mending cured (level 1): apply mending, and it'll go away

Restoration + mending cured (level 2): Applying restoration will take the limb back to level 1 after a few moments, and then mending will cure it

Restoration + Restoration + mending (level 3): One restoration to reduce the limb damage to level 2, and then another restoration to cure it to level 1..and then mending to fully cure it.

Head and torso don't have the "mending level", they just go straight to restoration, and get fully cured from restoration.

Some people will call the two restoration levels levels 1 and 2, and just call "mending cured" as crippled..it does change a bit.

As for abilities, there are a heap of them - that one was trample, so its just mending level breaks.

Make sense?
  • Yeah, thanks, I had thought the difference words from that attack implied different levels of break.
  • edited November 2013
    A lot of people don't consider mending breaks to fall into the "level" categories, though. Mending breaks are mending breaks, then you have level one and level two limb damage (partially damaged and mangled?) which corresponds to the number of restoration applications required.

In-game terminology isn't exactly consistent either: the diagnose and limbprobe lines for mending cured breaks mention "crippled" and "broken", respectively; level one limb damage is "partially damaged" and "crippled", respectively; I think level two is mangled for both, but I'm not sure.
  • edited November 2013
    Hmm. I'll try to explain the specifics of limb breaks, firstly. 

LEVEL 1 Limb Damage - Partially damaged limb. 
    Cured by applying restoration of reconstructive to the damaged limb part (i.e. apply restoration to legs). The salve balance cost of this is four seconds, and the limb is not cured until you recover salve balance. Once cured, you are left with a crippled limb according the one you just cured.

LEVEL 2 Limb Damage - Mangled limb. 
    This is exactly the same as the previous stage of limb damage in terms of curing it, but once you cure it, you are reverted back to LEVEL 1 Limb Damage and must cure that stage of limb damage now.

CRIPPLED (Or Shriveled) - Level 0 Limb damage
    This is technically not a stage of limb damage in that it does not deliver "Limb damage" to your limbs and can be afflicted upon you with no prior damage to your limbs. It is primarily just an affliction. It is what is left over when you cure a LEVEL 1 Limb Damage. You cure it by applying mending or renewal of which the salve balance cost is one second. However, these are cured instantly.

The way I will try to visualize it is a vertical meter with 3 points. Level 0, Level 1, and Level 2. You already know how to cure all of these now.

Level 0 = Cripple
    Level 1 = Partially damaged
    Level 2 = Mangled

As someone targets your limbs and hits it, the meter builds up towards Level 1, eventually hitting the point and causing a Level 1 Limb Break. If the limb remains uncured by the time they continue to hit your limb and the meter raises towards Level 2, then you suffer a Level 2 Limb Break. When a limb is cured of all limb damage, it reverts back to Level 0, where you cure it by applying mending or renewal, of course. 

Lastly, Head and Torso do not have these Level 0 or "Crippled" states. Only Level 1 and 2 exist for them.

It's sort of an odd analogy as I just made it up but I hope that somewhat helps your understanding. You should ask any and all questions you can to help you out. 

To address the breaks you suffered in that "Log", that ability is called TRAMPLE. It causes Level "0" limb breaks, just cripples. You know how to cure those.

EDIT: It seems I was ninja'd by a few people. 
  • Limb damage (i.e., what's cured by restoration/reconstructive) only comes from attacks targeted to limbs, and there are only a few lines for it. Typically, it will be an attack that targets a limb followed by "Your right leg is greatly damaged from the beating." There's another line for the next level (something about the limb being beaten into uselessness or something) and a few abilities that do one or the other with a different line (like puppet mangle, tremolo). Other than that, the majority of abilities that break/cripple/shrivel/etc limbs will be mending breaks. As for keeping track of the specific lines, it's just something you have to note as you come across them.

The priest disruptions are quite new, and so probably just haven't made it into the help files yet.
  • Thanks for all the help.

It might be helpful for new players if there were to be something similar to what Midkemia has which is a toggle you can put on to that will tell you when you have been given a particular affliction, it also makes coding your system easier . Obviously it does not work for when you would not be able to tell the affliction anyway from blackout etc, and things like the Loki poison would not show.

It just could be helpful so that when the above happened I would know what I had actually been afflicted with. Although I suppose that might be considered being babied through the game.
  • Rakerurn said:
    Thanks for all the help.

It might be helpful for new players if there were to be something similar to what Midkemia has which is a toggle you can put on to that will tell you when you have been given a particular affliction, it also makes coding your system easier . Obviously it does not work for when you would not be able to tell the affliction anyway from blackout etc, and things like the Loki poison would not show.

It just could be helpful so that when the above happened I would know what I had actually been afflicted with. Although I suppose that might be considered being babied through the game.
    I think this exists for novices now, but goes away at some point (probably level 20?).
  • Remember that you can always DIAGNOSE to see what afflictions you have.  For newbies, this even comes with a list of what they're cured by (though that doesn't last very long I think.  Level 20 or so?)
  • Diagnose does differentiate between breaks. Crippled, partially damaged, and mangled all have different messages for limbs, and head and torso damage have different designations again (Torso is called mild and serious internal trauma, dun remember head atm). There's no 'crippled' level damage for torso and head.
  • edited November 2013
    When in doubt, go by what Diagnose calls it.

Edit: ok I was like the third person to suggest this, apparently.
  • Anedhel said:
    Diagnose does differentiate between breaks. Crippled, partially damaged, and mangled all have different messages for limbs, and head and torso damage have different designations again (Torso is called mild and serious internal trauma, dun remember head atm). There's no 'crippled' level damage for torso and head.
    Head is partially damaged head and serious concussion.
  • What Eld said.
  • It's fine to use forums, otherwise many houses have this information neatly presented in help files. (at least sentinels do!) :)