Housing upgrade - hearthstone

Either as an upgrade or something you could buy from Fronck, you can place it/drop a token in the room/buy the upgrade to have your very own fireplace. 

When you put a wood commodity inside (with the obligatory flavourful 3rd person message) and LIGHT it (with say, a tinderbox), you create a fire! Tada!

But wait, there's more!

Depending on where the admin want to go with it, it could have the same effect as the campfire ability in woodlore (hey, we can buy HOW many Serpent abilities via artefact already?) or it could just be a nifty flavour thing that adds ambiance messages to a private house. 

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Would that stack on top of room regens though, @Anaidiana?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• maaaaaaaaaaaybe? Although it maybe could be a lesser regen than the regen room? or you can't have both at the same time like some traits?

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Ambiance is most likely. I doubt that any regen would be attached to it.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    for a moment there I was thinking you were going to suggest a stone to let you teleport to your house. Was already going to call it "Welcome to World of Achaea!"

but I like the campfire idea better!
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• OceanaOceana North Sea

And then add marsh-mellows to Achaea so we can roast them over the fireplace.... 

Seriously though, would it also permit cooking?

• Arte stove plus Fronk stove already covers cooking.
  • Tharvis said:
    for a moment there I was thinking you were going to suggest a stone to let you teleport to your house. Was already going to call it "Welcome to World of Achaea!"

You know, a stone you could spend 10 seconds rubbing to teleport to your home city's inn once every hour actually DOES sound like it would be kind of cool in Achaea's context.  But alas, no rubbing stones for us. :(
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Penwize said:
    Tharvis said:

You know, a stone you could spend 10 seconds rubbing to teleport to your home city's inn once every hour actually DOES sound like it would be kind of cool in Achaea's context.  But alas, no rubbing stones for us. :(
    we have enough rubbing stones already, lifestones!
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• I never followed through with this, however, this was a response I got a while back, so disclaimer might not still be valid!  However in general when I've asked for anything reasonable, I have only ever had to pay 200cr for it (50 for item creation, 50 for reset, 50 non-decay, 50 for custom desc) then the 25 per reaction if simple. I think mine was self lighting though.

"Hi there! We can do the fireplace for 200 credits; for the reactions you're looking at an additional 100 credits, which includes a message when you put some wood in the fireplace, one message that would be seen periodically when the fire is burning, and one when it burns out. You can add 25 credits per additional message if you would like some variety in the burning messages! Let me know if you'd like to go ahead."
  • i like the idea of being able to cook over it, maybe only skewered things though? Wouldn't make much sense to bake a cake in a fireplace...

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited November 2013
    I like the idea of it as an expensive permanent piece of furniture. I'd like to see more functional/decorative items with a permanent option, and just cost lots of gold, like the stoves. Would be easier than admin having to deal with non decay requests via email, and if they're like 250k a piece, or 5x the item cost, that's a reasonable gold sink. It also makes houses more 'share' friendly, since stuff decaying and not being able to replace it without the owner around is a bit of a problem.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.