IRE Autoqueuing

Just a note on the auto queuing  from what I found:

If you attempt to perform an action requiring both equilibrium and balance while off equilibrium, the message will come up and it will queue the command for when you regain equilibrium.

However, if someone knocks you off balance and you remain off balance when you regain equilibrium, the queued command will attempt to run but say you require balance. This does not seem to put it back into the queue to run when you regain balance as well. Is there a way to have this picked up on?

Comments

• I have filed a bug report on this exact issue yesterday or the day before. No response so far.
  • Time to figure out how to file bug reports *eyeshift*
  • Cidusii said:
    Time to figure out how to file bug reports *eyeshift*
    It'll just get removed as a duplicate of another bug
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    The queue only seems to work with balance and not equilibrium. This is similar to svo's do queue.
    In order for them to implement queuing for all possible situations, they would probably have to approach every ability based on what it requires and what it uses (balance or equilibrium or both).
    Even then, there is still a possibility that under certain situations, you wouldn't achieve the desired results.

The queue as it stands is pretty awesome in the sense that it is very easy to use and helpful for what it was designed for. So I don't see any of this as a "bug" - more like a "works, but could offer a little more flexibility without over-complicating things."

• Cathy said:
    Cidusii said:
    More for other things I might find! Not sure if making a new thread for each one is the way to go :)
  • Cidusii said:
    Cathy said:
    Cidusii said:
    More for other things I might find! Not sure if making a new thread for each one is the way to go :)
    BUG <your bug>
  • Guys, the queue is for newbs who are bashing with the "kill target" commands.
  • Rangor said:
    Guys, the queue is for newbs who are bashing with the "kill target" commands.
    Unfortunately, it is, despire other IREs having accomplished combat-worthy queueing systems.
  • Strata said:
    The queue only seems to work with balance and not equilibrium.

If I curse bleed (balance) and move (balance), it queues. If I curse bleed (balance) then swiftcurse (eq) it queues. If I swiftcurse (eq) then curse bleed (balance) it queues. If I swiftcurse (eq) then swiftcurse (eq) it queues.

But weirdly if I swiftcurse (eq) then move (balance) it doesn't queue. Maybe because it doesn't consume balance? But then why would it queue from bleed to move?
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • edited November 2013
    I use queueing for my second dstab illusions now, so it works just fine for eq.

It's a bit messy since I have to turn on queuing after dstabbing and turn it off again after my illusion went through, since otherwise it would mess too much with my other attacks, but I need it for my second illusions to make them fast enough to recover equilibrium slightly before the dstab balance (at least most of the time).
  • Rangor said:
    Guys, the queue is for newbs who are bashing with the "kill target" commands.
    And people with lag. I love the queu system. It's my best friend.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Queueing after eq works, except movement our of the room. I bugged it soon after queueing was introduced, and it was duplicate report already.
  • The queue does work for eq, but if something needs both eq and balance and the other is thrown off while the one queued for is regained, the command tries to run but can't because both aren't on balance.

E.g. Staff cast troll, equilibrium lost.
    Cast staff cast again at troll, it is queued for when equilibrium is regained.
    Troll shakes you, and you lose balance.
    Equilibrium is regained while off balance and staff cast command runs, but the "You have to regain your balance" message appears.
    Balance is regained, but nothing is queued anymore so nothing runs.
  • That should remain as it is. I don't think the system should queue if the equilibrium or balance was lost due to something or someone attacking you.
  • Needs to be fixed to work with monk limb balance at the very least.
  • edited November 2013
    Thaumas said:
    That should remain as it is. I don't think the system should queue if the equilibrium or balance was lost due to something or someone attacking you.
    The fact that it happened because someone was attacking you is irrelevant. This was merely an example. It might just as well happened because you deliberately used a balance attack that can be used off eq or vice versa.

I don't see why this should remain as it is. Any client-side queue would not have this issue.
  • Thaumas said:
    That should remain as it is. I don't think the system should queue if the equilibrium or balance was lost due to something or someone attacking you.
    If I curse bleed, and hit shield, I am knocked off eq and balance. the balance is shorter than the eq. thus I can't queue commands, as it sends after the balance is regained.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.