The A Team Veil Challenge

124»

Comments

• Strata said:
    How to find Santar when you don't have your veil:
    1. Phase
    2. Wait 5 minutes. (ETA: Idle - so he thinks you're some afk chump)
    3. If he doesn't show up, he's not in the realms.
    This sounds suspiciously like a method to find Strata when I don't have my veil.

• I just didn't bother finding people. If you want them so bad, go out and search.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Not all of Ashtan's raiders took off their veils. Its a nice gesture but doesn't address the underlying problems with veils.
  • And not all of Targ did either. I wasn't forcing it on anyone.

• You should've. Errbody should take 'em off for a while, s'like the Achaean equivalent of a cage match, kinda.
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Achilles said:
    Not all of Ashtan's raiders took off their veils. Its a nice gesture but doesn't address the underlying problems with veils.
    There are no problems with veils, it's the mindset of the common peasant. The same peasants that are for no XP loss. The same peasants that are for tea time and cupcakes.
    The world has separation of wealth because greed is in our nature. People get a veil for many different reasons - yet to the peasant, it's for the wrong reasons.

If veils were deleted, the peasants would not stop. They would find a new artefact or ability to light on fire.

• Yep, veil would be the first artie I'd trade in if I didn't lose $200 to do so.

• If we deleted veils, the peasants would whine that we hide behind gems and demand some way to see the entire WHO list.

If we deleted gems, the peasants would whine that we hide behind chameleon tattoos, and that raiding with 30 @Tirac's is unfair.

Actually, I want to try that some day.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Maybe... MAYBE We should just delete the peasants... Wait.. I am one... But I don't want to go.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I don't mind gems at all, as someone who has never possessed one.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Encouraging Strata is a poor idea. If the Achaean elite can't afford a better spokesman, we should just bend over and await the revolt.

• Silas said:
    Encouraging Strata is a poor idea. If the Achaean elite can't afford a better spokesman, we should just bend over and await the revolt.
    If I chip in to fund a better spokesman, I have less money to lord over the peasants.

The free market has spoken.

• Let's just string @Blujixapug along again with the empty promise of sylvan classleads. That worked for years back in the day.

• why am I being tagged into some random thread :-??
  • edited November 2013
    nvm, I was late 

• Uh did no one read the OP?

"Anyways, A Team will be veils off from now (10:42 PM on Wednesday the 6th) until next Wednesday at the same time. Gems of cloaking too."

Unless you're in some timezone I haven't heard about!

• edited November 2013
    Re-do?

ETA: Clearly, there have been too many fuck-ups for this one to count.
  • The only people who fucked up were the contestants who tried to join in.

The hosts were pure for a week, not our fault your side has Santar.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Good thing your eyes aren't the judge! Was a long week and I only had to wag my finger a couple of times.

• XliXli
    edited November 2013
    Dunn said:
    Good thing your eyes aren't the judge! Was a long week and I only had to wag my finger a couple of times.
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Daeir said:

It was a cool event though. Nice to be able to see people with farsight for once. I'll miss it a little bit.

Your problem is that you need to find people. If you just kill them their veils are useless.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • But I don't kill people, I just stare at them. How do I stare at people if I don't know where they are? :(
  • Nim said:

But I don't kill people, I just stare at them. How do I stare at people if I don't know where they are? :(

Staring, is rude. Just stab them already!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Nim said:
    But I don't kill people, I just stare at them. How do I stare at people if I don't know where they are? :(
    Go Apostate, you can stare at people and not kill them, but you get cooler flavor about it.