The TV Series and Movies thread!

Comments

• The Newsroom is very good. Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones as well, if you're into HBO series with violence and sex.

I don't watch that much tv really, but I'm a big movie goer. Too many good ones to list, but some of my all time favourites are The Prestige, Primer, and Moon. 

Big fan of Nolan and Tarantino.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• VayneVayne Rhode Island
    edited September 2012

Zeon said:

Big fan of Nolan and Tarantino.

Can't go wrong with Nolan and Tarantino! Memento and Kill Bill are two of my favorite movies.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    The IT Crowd, Supernatural(season 8 is about to come out in October), White Collar, Burn Notice. 

• IndabaIndaba Washington, USA
    AMC has some really great shows out right now. Hell on Wheels is half way through its second season. Love it! American Horror Story should start back up soon. Newsroom had an amazing season and all the other HBO shows I totally watch and love. Dexter and Boardwalk Empire are starting up soon. -squeal- 
  • Lately, I've been watching a lot of YouTube clips of Blackadder episodes. It's amazing to hear Hugh Laurie with a british accent, despite being actually british, because it makes me appreciate more his efforts in House. Also, a lot of Rowan Atkinson stand-up. I would suggest seeing his We Are Most Amused and Fatal Beatings routine!

also, came across this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf9jJx0NSjw.

weird.

• nnnnnnnngh one more week until new Grey's. *dies*

• Is the new Supernatural any good? I stopped watching when it came to the end of the origional planned story arc, and heard the next season wasn't that great.

That, along with Bones have been longtime favourites of mine. Then there's Trueblood, and a couple of new-ish NZ shows that I've been enjoying, The Almighty Johnsons, and Nothing Trivial. And lately I've downloaded and watched Glee, and loving it. I have to admit, I'm a sucker for modern musicals. Mamma Mia! is one of the few movies I have watched at least five times.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Supernatural seasons 1-5 were pretty amazing. It had clearly been planned out for a 5-season run, with everything gradually escalating and drawing towards a climax and conclusion. The next couple of seasons definitely lack that, which is a shame. It's still pretty good, it didn't suddenly pick up dreadful writing or turn the characters into idiots or anything. It's still Supernatural. But the storytelling is a bit loose, it lacks that sense of focus and direction towards a well-crafted resolution.
  • Yeah, season five is the last I saw. Hmm, might check out 6 and 7 sometime then. 

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• DR WHO

THAT IS ALL
  • I'm just here to cry about Netflix getting season 6 of Dexter out (not for streaming though), finally getting the DVD to me, then realizing season 6 is the one I watched and I'll have to wait that much longer to watch season 7. the ending of season 6 was such a cliffhanger whyyyyyyyyyy
  • Plowing through Star Trek: The Next Generation. It's rare I've had a more enjoyable viewing experience.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Ugh the last episode of Doctor Who was a tear jerker.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I feel bad for you guys that can't afford HBO.

You are missing out for real.

I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • Intouchables

Good french movie. Good humour and touching story.

@Xenomorph We who don't yet have HBO, have got piratebay and eztv.it. Hard to compete with that!
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Getting HBO would mean buying a new interactive HD decoder (349 euro) and then 15 euro per month.... not going to happen any time soon.
  • Doesn't HBO have an online stream thing like Netflix?
  • They do, but it's only available in the US and it's needlessly complicated.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    I also want to use the BBCi-player, but funny enough, it is only available in the UK. :(
  • I like "Merlin".
  • Rangor said:
    Doesn't HBO have an online stream thing like Netflix?

It's called HBO GO, its awesome. Has every show HBO has made, every season every episode.
    Sena said:
    They do, but it's only available in the US and it's needlessly complicated.

Don't concern yourself about things over here, worry if the drinking water in your village is safe.

Also, it's not the least bit complicated.

I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • Xenomorph said:
    Sena said:
    They do, but it's only available in the US and it's needlessly complicated.
    Don't concern yourself about things over here, worry if the drinking water in your village is safe.

Also, it's not the least bit complicated.
    I live in Florida, and have HBO (and pretty much everything else, for free). :P

One of the biggest problems with HBO GO (aside from being restricted to the US) is that it requires you to already have an HBO subscription, when it would be most useful as an alternative. The "needlessly complicated" part was signing up, though I suppose that's likely Comcast's fault, not HBO's.
  • Rented game of thrones and I thought as soon as the game itself began the movie went horribly south. Also I just saw looper in the theater and it turned out to be much better than I expected.

• This week's adventure time was sad! : (  I was expecting 11 minutes of pointlessness but it was all sad and stuff.

On a side note, <3 Firefly
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Vayne said:
    on a pretty hard Breaking Bad stint, awesome show.
    Yeah. Just started watching it a few days ago. I fell in love with it immediately.
  • Just finished watching Wreck-It Ralph. Good times, good times. The Paperman short before that was absolutely stunning.

• If you like dropping the f-bomb and are fond of the word cocksucker, Deadwood is a great series.

• @Synbios I just watched that too. It was okay, had some funny parts, I'm really starting to get tired of animated Disney movies though. Would have liked to see Sinister but no one seems to share my love of horror. :( Also really not worth it to see in 3D.
  • Alyssea said:
    @Synbios I just watched that too. It was okay, had some funny parts, I'm really starting to get tired of animated Disney movies though. Would have liked to see Sinister but no one seems to share my love of horror. :( Also really not worth it to see in 3D.

Movieplace I went to didn't have the 3D version, which meant cheaper tickets. I never really got the appeal of 3D movies anyway.