Multiclassing

Recently @Tecton took feedback and suggestions for the implementation of a multiclassing system for Achaea. I am really excited for these changes and look forward to seeing how they are going to be integrated. (as well as the reduction in the alt populace)

Ever since I heard rumor if these changes, I've been thinking of what classes Borran would want to learn, and I still have not come to a solid conclusion.

I'd like to know if others are making plans for the upcoming changes. And if you wanted to, what classes would you choose for your characters and why?

Comments

• Kiusha recently went Bard, because she couldn't reasonably stay Paladin under the laws of the Diaspora and in Ty Beirdd it was either that or Jester. She's always been a knight though, first Runewarden, then Paladin, so if the new system allows definitely Runewarden as second class. Forging as tradeskill, more or less for the same reason.
  • I believe the plan is to have trade skills removed from classes prior to multiclassing, but it would be nice to be at ground level in one if the classes that loses a trade skill to see what they add too take its place.

• I do have solid plans for the current character I'm playing that take into account the upcoming trade skill changes and eventual multiclassing. This character was fairly fleshed out at conception regarding classes, city/house/Order/etc roles and avenues for advancement, and organizational alliances.

I've taken care to consider those plans and stick to what makes sense when deciding how to deal with the changes. The classes I chose are tied closely enough together that the plans should survive any House or factional upheaval with regard to accepted classes, I do enjoy the mechanics of my current class but overall this is a round where the character's personality and niche are my first consideration.

For a new concept character, I would be some combination of monk+blademaster+serpent (pure fun badassery), followed by shaman+apostate (pure fun badassery, with emotes!).

• edited November 2013
    Sena would definitely be a serpent again. As her primary class, if that ends up mattering. It's always a hard choice between trying out different classes or going back to serpent, so multiclass would (hopefully) be a chance to do both.

And as long as I'm changing things up, assuming I had the credits to re-trans again, I'd probably also switch away from alchemist, since the class ended up being rather underwhelming overall (although getting a new skill in exchange for transmutation could easily change that). I'm not sure what I'd try instead, though. The classes I'm most interested in trying at this point are all factional classes (apostate and sentinel, or possibly druid), so unless the tradeskill replacements end up making some class a lot more interesting/appealing, I might just go back to something familiar, like shaman. Or I could go monk for the bashing.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    monk and magi at least.
    Need a gem of transmutation though. And one of those grimoire things.

I'm excited for trade skills to break off from classes though. More excited than for multiclassing. I think there was going to be a limit on how many you can learn, but that's ok.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Will probably try BM and Monk.  Like Jonathin though... I'm mostly excited to see what comes to Wardens when Forging goes bye-bye.  My expectations are pretty low though.
  • I've narrowed down my options to Runewarden (mainly just to make people cry with my artefacts) and Blademaster, not sure there's anything else that I'd enjoy and would fit. I'm more interested in the trade skill changes and weaponry overhaul.
  • Serpent or magi, most likely. Occultist possibly, but there's RP repercussions I'd have to reconcile.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Runie, Serpent, Occie and Magi. Just a modest list but it'll probably end up being Runie only depending on how it's restricted with housing.
  • Monk, mayyybe runie (don't want to reincarnate, though, so probably not), perhaps others depending on what classes we're allowing in the house at that point.
  • Naga 4 lyfe, so I'm going to stay serpent and try to add jester (assuming the Naga start accepting them, which I will argue in favor of, I think). Those are two great creative tactical classes for group combat. 
  • Serpent or occultist both look like so much fun.
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    I just want all of you to be prepared that this could take as much as a RL year to be implemented. It's not right around the corner.

So, bear that in mind.

Viva la Bluef.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Naga 4 lyfe, so I'm going to stay serpent and try to add jester (assuming the Naga start accepting them, which I will argue in favor of, I think). Those are two great creative tactical classes for group combat. 
    I just need them to start accepting bards.  :P

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Naga 4 lyfe, so I'm going to stay serpent and try to add jester (assuming the Naga start accepting them, which I will argue in favor of, I think). Those are two great creative tactical classes for group combat. 
    Serpent: Premier stealth class of the game.

Bard: Sings and plays music, thus completely defeating the purpose of stealth.

Jester: Throws bombs, causes explosions, tells jokes, leaves graffiti, thus completely defeating the purpose of stealth.

Hmmmmmmm.

Arditi said:
    Shirszae said:

Jester: Throws bombs, causes explosions, tells jokes, leaves graffiti, thus completely defeating the purpose of stealth.

Hmmmmmmm.
    Thats a rather narrow-minded view of the potential roleplay of both those classes, but whatever floats your boat  :|

• Shirszae said:
    Arditi said:
    Shirszae said:

Hmmmmmmm.
    Thats a rather narrow-minded view of the potential roleplay of both those classes, but whatever floats your boat  :|
    The milking room and sniper emplacements await you, Canticle-ent. :D

edited November 2013
    Arditi said:
    Shirszae said:
    Arditi said:
    Shirszae said:

Hmmmmmmm.
    The milking room and sniper emplacements await you, Canticle-ent. :D
    Oh, look. I changed my mind.  :D  :P

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    BM and Sentinel, hells yeah.

• I have Shaman and Sylvan planned out.
  • I'll be every class I can be.
  • Monk and bladie. Aaaaw yeah. Would be fun I think. Course knowing me I would probably switch my classes all around just to try combinations out..

• Until I know what MC will look like, it's impossible to really answer this question. If it's just a matter of class-switching, I'll frankly just stick to alting which I find really quite enjoyable. If there is some kind of synergy to be made, then Bard-BM is likely to be my first choice.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Stupid House limitations will bone Multiclass. I have no issue with saying at least one of you classes must be X to be the the House. But if they forbid other classes beyond that it will just be stupid.

• NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    edited November 2013
    Arador said:
    Stupid House limitations will bone Multiclass. I have no issue with saying at least one of you classes must be X to be the the House. But if they forbid other classes beyond that it will just be stupid.
    I'm personally hoping for a happy medium, where: (1) at least one of your classes must be X to be in the house; and (2) an expanded assortment of other secondary classes that include most/all of the other acceptable classes in one's city. Some restrictions here: no Serpent Maldaathi/Knight Naga, etc.

I'm wondering how traits will work with this: will we get to have a set of traits for each class that hot swap when we switch classes, as well? I'm hoping that the following functionality is included in some fashion, whether it's baked into the system or available as an artefact.

• Ability to define race for each selected class (optional; see below).
    • Ability to define specialization for each selected class.
    • Ability to define traits for each selected class.
    • Have these "stat packs" hot swap automatically when we change classes.
    • Once set, each class' selected race/specialization could not be changed without a dagger of reincarnation, or gem of transmutation (just like it is currently).
    • Once set, each class' selected traits could not be changed without a gilded page, or grimiore of adaptation (again, same as current).
    • Create a new artefact, priced at 150-175 credits, that combines the features of a dagger and page, for single-use stat pack reset.
    • If race is allowed to be changed in these stat packs, then allow personal descriptions to also be hot-swapped with the stat pack.
    I can see that perhaps flipping race back and forth on a whim might be poor for immersion. Alternatively, if race is not allowed to be changed with the above, then perhaps only specialization? Eg. someone decides to multiclass mage/knight, and picks up the +int/+str specializations for each class, but their race stays the same.
  • edited November 2013

@nizaris

Ability to define race for each selected class (optional; see below).-See Gem of Reincarnation artefact. I doubt there will be an additional artefact that does the same.Ability to define specialization for each selected class.

- See Gem of Reincarnation artefact. I doubt there will be an additional artefact that does the same.

Ability to define traits for each selected class.- Isn't there an artie that lets you reset traits every month already?

Holy bat Internet Explorer does crazy things to the formatting.