Occultist Combat

13»

Comments

• Still no luck with the practice spars with occultists.. do they function like alchemists in the sense that, you have to run every so often to break their momentum?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • The momentum is pretty fast. See Jhui Unravel Xith in 20 or so seconds
  • Exeletheril, that seems to be the main tactic against people I fight. They all feel like they have to run or die... which is usually about right, I stand there and destroy them if they don't run.
  • Biggest thing about fighting Occultist is using your tree tattoo as often as possible. Herbs/minerals aren't fast enough to keep up with the afflictions. If you have a couple of afflictions you need to touch tree.

A lot of the time it is possible to stand in room with an Occultist though.
  • @Exelethril hit me up later and I'll pb the trigger lines for you. Hope you use Mudlet.

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Jarrod said:
    Will help out with some triggers:

^Your enhanced senses inform you that (\w+) has entered (.+) nearby\.$

if table.contains(knownoccultists, matches[2]) and matches[2] == gmcp.Room.Info.name then
       echo("TUMBLE NOW OH SHIT")
    end
    iswydt
  • I sometimes evade once or twice while I'm hypnotising, but once a hypnosis is all sealed, I can just dstab away, which tends to suffice to delay their offence easily enough. It is quite like fighting alchemists in that respect. If you keep up high amounts of pressure, you can make it hard for them to put up their best offence.
  • Do like I always did and get other people to fight for you.