...So why is there still XP loss in this game?

I tried playing around in the game again..went to kill a few things..the game lagged, I died. now I am back before I was before I went bashing?..With the disadvantage of it being a text game in the face of graphical MMO's Playstation 4, Xbox1 and well everything else that isn't from the mid 90's. Why do they have a archaic system of XP loss when you die? Shouldn't that be removed from the game. To make it at least semi friendlier to casual, new people?  

Comments

• Because life isn't easy, and neither should a text life. Actions have consequences and we don't always control what happens. To remove the threat of losing xp/levels would mean it'd just become a lolzomgkillfest. In essence, it would dilute the game into a lolCODgame

Also, needsmoarlolz
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • Ruth said:
    We should also add victory music after every kill we get.
    FFVII etc, victory music, yes please.

Also, I had music for talisman drops!

#coolkids
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    when are we deleting disrupt.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • "because life isn't easy"   Well from google 'Keep up-to-date on the latest happenings in Achaea, one of the web's original RPG text games and the best MUD around!' See the word game, in there. you shouldn't have loss in the game that can you set you back as far as death does. It's archaic and maybe's coopers right. I'm betting on the 15th I'll be gone again and not be around but the number one thing that has always been wrong with this game is death penalty especially one That steep.  
  • Mishgul said:
    when are we deleting disrupt.
    After aim-assist and auto-respawn goes in.
  • @Carmain's right. We need to get rid of flowers, and we need to get rid of them yesterday.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I'll take a page from @Silas' book and just  :-<

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• wait there are mmorpg without xp loss? what have I been missing!

oh wait.... they're all full loot games, no thanks.
  • edited November 2013
    Also, no house rank tests. They make you work for responsibility and influence. No thanks! Kidding.
  • edited November 2013
    Horuce said:
    I tried playing around in the game again..went to kill a few things..the game lagged, I died. now I am back before I was before I went bashing?..With the disadvantage of it being a text game in the face of graphical MMO's Playstation 4, Xbox1 and well everything else that isn't from the mid 90's. Why do they have a archaic system of XP loss when you die? Shouldn't that be removed from the game. To make it at least semi friendlier to casual, new people?  
    I hate to bust out the bad news on you, but I don't think the playstations 1, 2, 3 or even the upcoming 4 are going to be the fabled text-mud killers they've been hyped out to be all these years.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Horuce said:
    Well the problem is I am (again) trying to get back into the game and want to start anew but every time I make a new character I know I have a fully tri-transed character with arties and full riding and everything else.. Coupled that with Achaea's rules that you can not help a alt what so ever. (Never did understand that rule..in fact just writing it makes me double think my even coming back to the game..) Anyways. Which would be more feasible to you guys start completly anew and try to get back into the game or start over with the old character and try with him? 

Horuce said:
    So here we are, I'm wanting to return to the game. How ever so much has changed I'm not even even sure how to play anymore. I'm not even sure who all plays anymore or what houses or factions or honestly...starting as a newbie..at level 80 and over a 100 years old. My number 1 gripe of all time was the death penalty. I hated dieing and I am certain that has not changed a bit. How ever is it possible to jump back into the game considering where I am, heck I am not even sure what class I left as (90% certain was runewarden) I know I am enemy to at least a dozen places because back when it was fun..it was Real fun ;).

Horuce said:
    Need I continue?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    Penwize said:
    Iocun said:
    I think Achaea should get graphics too. Muds are a thing of the past.
    Oh man, no.  No.  Have you SEEN some people's descriptions? I mean, I've seen some 18 year old sirens with extra parts I can't even pronounce. :|  Do not want graphics of that.
    Damn it, I worked hard on all those extra parts. When is someone going to get to see them? I mean mother of god...
     yes, sir.
  • stop feeling the troll, guys. Come on, this is the 15th time we've fallen for this!

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    But but.

I like long walks on the beach. :)
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• to be fair, they have severely lowered experience loss on death between the changes to embracing as well as experience loss in cities.

• OMG @COOPER YOUR SO MEAN!!!

• I agree. Text experience is an awful consequence.

I also agree with peace and happy rainbow funtime Achaea. Just think of the superior consequences it could have. For example, you could run out of tea, not have enough time to thoroughly snuggle up with all of your friends, or even learn an important life lesson and forgive your buddies after a short-term argument over silly things!

Now that's hardcore roleplaying!

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Sounds gross.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I heard the removed XP loss on Imperian. Go play there if that's more to your taste.
This discussion has been closed.