other rogue forestals

Comments

• edited November 2013
    this isnt a msg
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Rangor said:
    @reihaneh @Gaia's done good things for Eleusis so far. She turned the Druid House from a mostly useless house who had no influence on the overall game at all, into a contributing house that has been a great addition to Eleusis. I want her to go into overdrive and continue pushing us though! Still so much she can do for us. :)
    A mostly useless house? @Rangor that depends on your perspective (also slightly hurt now). Before the house joined Eleusis as a whole, we already had many members and allies of Eleusis. The house was also involved in Oakstone and in the Patrol Clan (guessing @Penwize's response here: ... Patrol... Clan...?), and still is. 

@Reihaneh We still permit HR5 to opt-out and leave/not join Eleusis. Especially for the new, younger players, it has been a good move. The only thing I regret is that our estate had to move to Eleusis.
  • edited November 2013
    Well to anyone not in the House, we never saw anything of the house. Kinda invisible to the world.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Reihaneh said:
    ---snip---

But really. I was one of the original members of the Treehuggers under my first character back when if you didn't think Eleusis and Oakstone were always right you were TEH EVIL, and now I am around to see the dogmatic, legalistic hot mess Eleusis has become since Lady Gaia's return...yuck.

---snip---
    @Reihaneh You don't have to agree with everything Eleusis or Oakstone or your House thinks. If you really believe your point of view is better, work with it. Lobby, talk to people, write posts, ... try to change it, step by step if necessary. Just remember that change needs time, and quitting is not going to change anything.

• ValdusValdus Australia
    Rangor said:
    I think that's plenty of response. See what happens when you call @rangor, @valdus? Made me go out on a rant! Shame on you.
    Totally going to mention you when I need you again. It's like calling for help when Superman is around. He hears that shit. :D

Viva la Bluef.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Homo sapiens

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Have some bamboo to keep this thread going in the right direction.

• edited November 2013
    "In the right direction" = "Towards image macros"? 

Edit: That looks far snarkier than anyone who posts as infrequently as I do has any right to be: sorry.  It was funnier in my head.  (I'll leave it for context, though.)
  • I would find @Reihaneh 's comments relevant if she did not flip flop on the issue a few times. Fact of the matter is @Gaia is the faction, she defines it, sets the precedent for the houses/city that are a part of it, and allows us to push back when something is just unbearable. (and she's a total bad ass) 
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Oooh. I want to come blow up bamboo in Eleusis and set the whole place on fire again! With -permission-!

Totally made being a Mojushai worth it. :>
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Rangor said:
    Reihaneh said:

In Eleusis, to me, it has always felt like things are very dogmatic. Either you subscribe to Eleusis's version of what serving Nature means, or you aren't a forestal. (The same case used to be with Oakstone...since Oakstone has become less of a force in the world, it's different now.)

Yes, yes, yes, YES, YES! Subscribe or gtfo please. These "hippie" "forestals" that feel they are true forestals while sitting in their grove or their city chatting with their friends and family. They really aren't doing much for the "RP". If people actually went a little bit deeper, they would find a LOT of lore around Nature, the past gods, the current gods, the abilities that are used and could build really cool conversations/debates/rituals/RPstuff around that.
    Exactly.

The problem is, if you don't subscribe to certain people's interpretations of those things, you're a bad forestal.

Regardless of how much you RP, how much you are into lore and ritual, how much you know about forestal history.

And that's screwed up.
  • edited November 2013
    Tekk said:
    I would find @Reihaneh 's comments relevant if she did not flip flop on the issue a few times. Fact of the matter is @Gaia is the faction, she defines it, sets the precedent for the houses/city that are a part of it, and allows us to push back when something is just unbearable. (and she's a total bad ass) 
    I've never flip-flopped on the issue, @Tekk.

One of the things I was always taught, in every part of the forestal community I've ever been in, under every character I've ever played, is that Nature comes first - before even the Divine. And the Divine - even the forestal Divine, even @Gaia - have done things to harm Nature in the past.

So the sudden "if you're not with @Gaia GTFO" thing in Eleusis where it's her/Rangor/Penwize/Delphinus's way or the highway makes me sick to my stomach, personally. Targossas is supposed to be a theocracy. They're up front about it. Eleusis wasn't a theocracy, and that was what a lot of people loved about it, until @Gaia returned. Now if you don't want Eleusis to be a theocracy, you're...how did @Rangor put it? "The little clique you surrounded yourself were mostly seen as the people we had to prevent from getting leath'ri positions at all costs, else they turn us into another lovable, uninfluential, non-com city."

God forbid anyone have an opinion that differs from those in power in Eleusis. (And at least the fact that I managed to get 30 votes and Logi's support, among others, in an election against Delphinus at the IC age of...27? 28? is enough to give me a little bit of hope for the future.)

And while it doesn't shock me, it does make me sad that you'd accuse me of flip-flopping, @Tekk, considering you and I have had this discussion dozens of times and I've maintained the same position.
  • (Also, why can't we have a single effing thread about rogue forestals where the whole thing isn't a peer pressure pile-on about how Eleusis is the be-all end-all? Jesus H. This is the -rogue- forestal thread.)
  • Here's a Nature analogy for you:

"The tall blade of grass is the first hit by the lawnmower".

• Penwize said:
    I've gone over this entirely too many times, and it really feels like people are comparing it way too much to RL nature, the sort of trouble Shallam had with people comparing Good to RL good.  What gives?
    Because @Gaia may have killed and eaten a cute and cuddly squirrel, ergo, She is also a Nature abuser and on par with Mhaldor. We shouldn't worship @Gaia because She's just as bad as Mhaldor, and She causes us to harm Nature when we get into fights with Mhaldor and they come in and exterminate because they're mad at us. We should hold out until there's a perfect manifestation of Nature who will delete extermination and the red fog and then we'd never have to fight ever again.

• Reihaneh said:

And while it doesn't shock me, it does make me sad that you'd accuse me of flip-flopping, @Tekk, considering you and I have had this discussion dozens of times and I've maintained the same position.

Flip-flopping was a bad phrase and not what I intended. My apologies there. That came off much more dickish then it was meant in my head. We're still faced with the point that even the Goddess of Nature says it is this way, so it's this way. If you don't agree, fine, but you are wrong. 
  • Ugh last sentence should be don't be a reject people hate because of ooc reasons.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Wat I'm always the guy talking @Jhui OUT of guard killing, @Arditi.

• You should kill all of Mhaldor's guards to show them the error of their ways.

• Sartan has that strategy on lockdown, sorry.

• I find it both funny and sad that people are incapable of separating OOC and IC "hate."

The reasons I left the house weren't questionable at all. I made a personal choice based on the fact that ICly, I had been miserable in the House and thinking about leaving since y300 and Prythe, Herm, and Lucine convinced me to stay. When I hd to go dormant and was as up front about it as possible, as well as staying in communication w/Luci and Minxie about/during my dormancy, and I was still treated like I dropped off the face of the earth and kicked out of Sages for reasons Lucine TOLD me were OOC...that is what cinched it for me.

I have never had the respect of of the ruling clique in Eleusis. I used to care about having the Sylvans' respect, especially yours, Wysteria, but I definitely don't now. Caring about whether people like or respect me is a large part of what caused aIl of this IC drama for Reih in the first place.

/end rant.

And I don't care if anyone is "kowtowing" to Gaia or not. My main IC issue with Eleusis and Gaia isn't about Gaia personally. It's the fact that Nature comes before ANY Divine, in my eyes. If IC history were to repeat itself, I would hope those of you who identify Gaia as Nature itself would be capable of acting in its best interests, rather than Hers.

• Dunn said:

Wat I'm always the guy talking @Jhui OUT of guard killing, @Arditi.

Eh. You Occultists look all the same with your chicken heads and your flaming chariots.

• I haven't boarded no chariots since I was like twenty, doe.

• Reihaneh said:
    (Also, why can't we have a single effing thread about rogue forestals where the whole thing isn't a peer pressure pile-on about how Eleusis is the be-all end-all? Jesus H. This is the -rogue- forestal thread.)
    Yes. Only opinions that agree with the OP please. Goddamn, you people can all be so discourteous sometimes.