Titles

2»

Comments

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    What if you just coloured people's names in the room instead, the same way they're coloured on CW to distinguish name from title? That way your brain could just filter out the title information if you're trying to target someone, but if you wanted to see the titles, they'd still be there.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• TeghaineTeghaine Cape Town - South Africa - Africa (thatcontinentthatlookslikesouthamerica)
    edited November 2013
    I was actually thinking of customising my title with other peoples names in it, just to confuse.
    For example, you do a check to see who is in the room, and there is only me, and you see: Silas Saybella Atherax Teghaine Jurixe.
  • edited November 2013
    Teghaine said:
    I was actually thinking of customising my title with other peoples names in it, just to confuse. For example, you do a check to see who is in the room, and there is only me, and you see: Silas Saybella Atherax Teghaine Jurixe.
    Hilariously enough, like we title our bardlets with the name of whoever did their orientation in the title.  

Yesterday, I was talking to a bardlet who was orientated by me and @Axi.  I kept like trying to talk to Axi for the remainder of our interaction. 
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Keep Knight titles (Sir, Dame) but you can throw everything else out :3

Yes, I agree it's difficult to tell who's actually -who- when squinting for ranged targets in a raid, same with melee, even with highlights(I highlight every city and enemies with different colours)... especially when you have Squire of X or Bardlet of X, Y, and Z(ed)[Zed is the proper way to pronounce the letter Z, not Zee as you Americans have been brought up to think]. ... Admit it, Ty Beirdd, I've seen titles with bardlet of X and Y before... But for some houses, them titles are important and (usually) strongly and strictly regulated. (Wardens and Mhaldor in general, for instance)

But, of course, logic dictates that you should be able to quickly discern who's in a room you're scouting with a squint, without all the clutter of titles... and still be able to determine what(if anything) they are wielding or riding. So... maybe add an extra line to squint/look/ql that tells you who's in the room so you still have the additional information and can still trigger off of "who's there". Admit it, people will do it... people probably already have complicated triggers that can do it.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited November 2013
    NGL when I saw this thread I misread it originally.  I thought how inappropriate then clicked through.  Where's the wet t-shirt contest that was promised?

• TeghaineTeghaine Cape Town - South Africa - Africa (thatcontinentthatlookslikesouthamerica)
    Jurixe said:

I'm fairly sure that's a shrubbable/issuable offence, as that is a direct misuse of the titling privilege.

I was just kidding... There's none stupid enough to actually try that... I was joking, really... I promise...
    -shifty-
    O:-)
  • It used to happen all the time years and years ago, hence the rule. You'd have things like Latus suffixing himself Linus and Linus prefixing himself Latus, and not know who the hell it was when you walked into the room. I'm not sure if WHO HERE didn't exist or I just didn't know about it back then but it ended up being very confusing, though alao pretty amusing.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Georgia
    edited November 2013
    And next time ill remember to read the remaining post before I attempt to think @ 0453, too early

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made.