Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Show city ministry position in HONOURS

DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,296 @@ - Legendary Achaean
Currently, only the leader of a City has the appropriate honours line in his/her honours listing. I propose that this be extended to all leading members of a ministry, such as the Minister of Security and so forth.

Thoughts?
JozlynNimJulesValdusReihaneh

Comments

  • RispokRispok Member Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Meh? Help (city) says it. I don't object, but meh?
    Sylvance
  • SylvanceSylvance Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Rispok said:
    Meh? Help (city) says it. I don't object, but meh?
    Agreed, but it does mean that you can find out if someone's important [before pickpocketing them] without having to check 5 helpfiles. Kinda.  And, to be clear, I'm not advocating that that, in itself, would be a welcome addition to Achaea, because my personal opinion is that it wouldn't.

    I'd really like to see less information in honours, not more.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
    AdetIocunShirszaeEilona
  • JulesJules Member Posts: 2,169 @ - Epic Achaean
    I'd like to know who aides are, too.  I hesitate to say "put some shorthand in cwho" because it's more spam in a list people use to compile their own lists, but it is an option that doesn't require any rework of gems and gives citizens SA about who's around from what ministry. 
  • JulesJules Member Posts: 2,169 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited November 2013
    Eld said:
    Jules said:
    I'd like to know who aides are, too.  I hesitate to say "put some shorthand in cwho" because it's more spam in a list people use to compile their own lists, but it is an option that doesn't require any rework of gems and gives citizens SA about who's around from what ministry. 
    If you just mean for citizens, what's wrong with AIDES <ministry> for this purpose?
    Oh my... "unregard" :)  Yes, that does nicely.  I surely wouldn't mind if people in key positions had that reflected in their honours.  I'm nosy I have a keen interest in my fellow man and find these things interesting (for orgs I'm not in).  I guess it's a concern if they want it to be a "secret", and some others might consider it "tooting one's horn"/spam.  
  • JonnersJonners Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Just make the honours line only visible to citymates?
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • JulesJules Member Posts: 2,169 @ - Epic Achaean
    I need more information.  I don't understand what the benefit would be from that...
    KaitaliShirszae
  • KyrraKyrra AustraliaMember Posts: 4,924 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Personally I'm not a fan of the spotlight. Anyone that does HELP ASHTAN can see I am a Minister, and I don't think it needs to be in my honours.

    It's a city thing. Same way Order info is for Orders and only other people in said Order can see that info.

    Ambassador aides automatically show on HELP CITY and if people are gemmed, that's something that needs to be discussed by the Ambassador with said people because availability is part of that job.

    No to adding in more useless crap that can easily be found elsewhere.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

    WynedereKaitaliEilona
  • KatzchenKatzchen MhaldorMember Posts: 2,000 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Doesn't seem overly useful. If someone is looking for who x Minister is, they're going to be pointed to, or looking at HELP <city>, not randomly going through people's honours.


                   Honourable, knight eternal,

                                            Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

                                                                     Necromanctic to the core,

                                                                                             Dance with death forever more.



  • TarkanianTarkanian Member Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    i don't think is needed. first, it's rather redundant, as there's HELP <city> for that. also, anyone who needs ministry info/ has ministry dealings will go out of their way to know who to contact, regardless of whether the title is in HONOURS or not.

    same with aides.
  • ArditiArditi Member Posts: 841 @ - Epic Achaean
    I can't speak for anyone else, but in the spirit of @Bonko (PBUH), I would target cities for raids solely based on the number of Development aides they had around, in order to maximize the amount of time necessary to rebuild.

    Bonko
  • SylvanceSylvance Member Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Arditi said:
    I can't speak for anyone else, but in the spirit of @Bonko (PBUH), I would target cities for raids solely based on the number of Development aides they had around, in order to maximize the amount of time necessary to rebuild.
    Rather than by the number of soldiers awake? Puh-lease, Mhaldor. Puh-lease.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
    Nim
  • ArditiArditi Member Posts: 841 @ - Epic Achaean
    Sylvance said:
    Arditi said:
    I can't speak for anyone else, but in the spirit of @Bonko (PBUH), I would target cities for raids solely based on the number of Development aides they had around, in order to maximize the amount of time necessary to rebuild.
    Rather than by the number of soldiers awake? Puh-lease, Mhaldor. Puh-lease.
    There is a striking correlation between number of Development aides and number of soldiers.

    I know because I was mysteriously aided to the Development ministry and I can't exactly pinpoint when.

    Sylvance
  • ReihanehReihaneh Member Posts: 51 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I'd love it if city and possibly also Order and House leaders could have that added to their honours. (Obviously that wouldn't work for Twilight's Order, but you get the general idea.) Or at least make it an option for people to add to their honours.
  • AnedhelAnedhel Member Posts: 2,367 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Reihaneh said:
    I'd love it if city and possibly also Order and House leaders could have that added to their honours. (Obviously that wouldn't work for Twilight's Order, but you get the general idea.) Or at least make it an option for people to add to their honours.
    This is what titles are for. Archdragon, Naraja, etc.
    Kyrra
  • KyrraKyrra AustraliaMember Posts: 4,924 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I think the God help files used to show who the OL were and I think they do that on Lusternia now.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

Sign In to Comment.