How would you describe Achaea to a friend?

Comments

• Probably "I know some people see life as a game, but I tend to take my life more seriously than that."

Then I would send them a tell stressing the importance of starting in-character, with references to the appropriate HELP files.

• Borran said:
    Probably "I know some people see life as a game, but I tend to take my life more seriously than that." Then I would send them a tell stressing the importance of starting in-character, with references to the appropriate HELP files.
    I would like there were HELP files IRL aswell. It would help me much.
  • HELP NAMES and HELP TITLES for RL would be a biiiiitch.
  • Arador said:
    Apparently the RL HELP PK is not nearly as lenient as the one in Achaea.
    What're you talking about? You only die once, no matter how much PK you get involved with!
  • @Jozlyn: I should probably call you 'Jozlyna Mercedes' or something.

• Including 'CON-FRIGGING-DAMMIT'?

• JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    Of course
     yes, sir.
  • LumLum Netherlands
    edited October 2014
    Yes, I know it's all text, but will you try it if hold pictures up next to the screen? 
    Send you gifs while you play?

No?
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    I wouldn't. I have no friends.

But if I did, I'd just tell them to try it.
  • I usually start with impaling with a chocolate sword...
  • Back when I was on Nexus and had to check MAP to see where I was, my dad looked over my shoulder and said "Is that battle formations?"
    I said "No, go away."

My point is that it's not a game worth explaining to anyone who can't type more than 40 wpm.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • It depends on his/her age. I will try to lure him/her in, no matter what. I would exploit his/her weak spots.

I would describe Achaea as a very immersive and ultra deep RP environment in a sandbox game, which requires literacy, logic, and a great deal of free time.
    Light prevails, always
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    About the only way I could adequately describe Achaea is as a neverending story. You play a main role. You make the story as you go along. Everything is always evolving and it's amazing.

• Crack.  
  • My conversations when explaining Achaea to a friend generally goes like this:

Me: It's a texted based game.
    Friend: A what?
    Me: A game without pictures.
    Friend: How do you play that?
    Me: By typing things out, and making my own 'controller' so to speak.
    Friend: What the hell is wrong with you? Why would you play a game like that?
    Me: Because I like to read and have no more books to read!
    Friend: Oh, that's right. You read to much.
    Me: Shut up.