FREE Sea System for mudlet

edited November 2013 in Tech Support
Finally completed the stand alone version of the ship window I've been working on. It's completely functioning and better yet free for you! Though I hope if you improve on any flaws you let me know. I'm always looking for ways to improve.

Includes several features, hull/sail dmg tracking, speedometer, wind tracking, directional tracking, auto docking when hitting a harbour, shipwarning tracking, a few other small additions to make sailing easier, and the special cross overlay as well.

This comes in 2 parts. The XML for import and the Graphics files.
The graphics are zipped, unzip them and they are already in the proper folder: c:\mudlet\ZulahsGFX\

Whence you import the system all you have to do is type: login

There are 2 things to note. It includes a small group of aliases though they shouldn't conflict with any. They aliases are for turning only they are:
shtn,shtnw,shtne,shte,shtw... ...
For each direction, 16 in total starting with "sht" (ship turn) and followed by the direction "n s ne nnw ese"

There is also a setup for the numpad you may or may not want to remove. It causes the numbers to make you walk on land or turn your ship on sea. Example: numpad 8 = north
numpad 4 = west
numpad 1 = southwest
numpad 5 = look
and so on. great for easy sailing

Graphics Download

Code Download

Enjoy! Feel free to msg me with problems or questions.

Edit: almost forgot to mention ship needs to be in cryptic prompt to work

Comments

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    You are a god-damned genius, and this is awesome as all hell!

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I recommend just trying the number pad when you start. It will auto raise anchor in harbor if you turn. If you face the ship out of harbor it will set sail. If you hit a direction youre already facing it will force row\sails

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Pretty awesome. For a shorter version of turning (personal preference), can also do:

^tu (n|ne|nw|e|se|sw|s|w|nne|nnw|sse|ssw|ese|esw|wsw|wse)$

send("ship turn " ..matches[2])

So you would just do 'tu se' to turn southeast.

• edited November 2013
    I know this is broken off of your personal gui so things are customised based on your needs, but for a more friendly public file I recommend you change your width/height values from pixils to character lengths which I believe should be: width="38c", height="25c". Another thing I feel you should do is create a function/button to push the gui window off the screen and back when wanted. 

This is ungodly large for my resolution, and I'll be sitting down to do some modifying for my needs, but I do have to say you did an excellent job, and this is a wonderful script. Thank you for sharing :)
  • edited November 2013
    Mannimar said:
    I know this is broken off of your personal gui so things are customised based on your needs, but for a more friendly public file I recommend you change your width/height values from pixils to character lengths which I believe should be: width="38c", height="25c". Another thing I feel you should do is create a function/button to push the gui window off the screen and back when wanted. 

This is ungodly large for my resolution, and I'll be sitting down to do some modifying for my needs, but I do have to say you did an excellent job, and this is a wonderful script. Thank you for sharing :)
    Good call. I tried to shrink it down some before posting because I know I play on an unreasonably large screen. I'll have to try to the character length over pixel. There is a function called "mapswap()" in the scripts section, should be what you're looking for. That function fires when you board, shipreturn, disembark, or otherwise leave/enter "vessel" room type from gcmp. Thank @Jonathin for that idea
  • Awesome. May reach out to you about this.
  • edited November 2013
    Sarapis said:
    Awesome. May reach out to you about this.
    My thanks. I've only used mudlet for four days now. So as several people have pointed out, it has much room for improvement. That's version 6 so far. I'm still unhappy with some of the layout elements. The screenshot there doesn't do the speedometer justice.
  • To the two of you asking for screen shots of it sailing saying you don't have ships to test it. I delivered.

• Not installed it yet, just looking through the XML file. Might be useful to have the path for the graphics folder stored as a variable and that variable called when it needs the graphics, so people like me who have their Mudlet set up using DropBox or another Cloud folder can quickly update one string instead of combing through the script.

Interested to see how it will look on my 15" laptop screen though...
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • edited November 2013
    Xli said:
    Not installed it yet, just looking through the XML file. Might be useful to have the path for the graphics folder stored as a variable and that variable called when it needs the graphics, so people like me who have their Mudlet set up using DropBox or another Cloud folder can quickly update one string instead of combing through the script.

Interested to see how it will look on my 15" laptop screen though...
    I had thought about doing that. Rushed the release though. I'm already working on a new version using all the suggestions I've received both here and in game so far. I'll add that. One of the additions I'm making might help you out too. Someone suggested a "mini mode" for smaller monitors. So I'm writing a toggle into the initialization function that lets you choose ie: mapBig - mapSmall
  • Kresslack said:
    Pretty awesome. For a shorter version of turning (personal preference), can also do:

^tu (n|ne|nw|e|se|sw|s|w|nne|nnw|sse|ssw|ese|esw|wsw|wse)$

send("ship turn " ..matches[2])

So you would just do 'tu se' to turn southeast.
    Just personal preference, but ^tu ([nesw]+)$ would work. :)
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • When I watch things like that, I think I will remain noob forever. Congratulations for the work!
    Light prevails, always
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited November 2013

I use ^(?:S|s|T|t) ((?i)[nesw]{0,})$ so that if I enter too many or too few characters, I get a pretty notification (that I scripted in) that is easy to see and recognize. It's also nice because the alias links over to a direction-correcting script that I think I shared somewhere on these forums so that if I input "een" it changes it to "ene".

Also the (?i) ignores case. So I can enter st N or ST NnE or any variation thereof. (for those pesky capslock commands.)

One more also, I would've used (?i) for the first part, but it's 2 letters and doesn't change, so it was easier to just do it that way.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • EldEld
    edited November 2013
    Jonathin said:

I use ^(?:S|s|T|t) ((?i)[nesw]{0,})$ so that if I enter too many or too few characters, I get a pretty notification (that I scripted in) that is easy to see and recognize. It's also nice because the alias links over to a direction-correcting script that I think I shared somewhere on these forums so that if I input "een" it changes it to "ene".

Also the (?i) ignores case. So I can enter st N or ST NnE or any variation thereof. (for those pesky capslock commands.)

One more also, I would've used (?i) for the first part, but it's 2 letters and doesn't change, so it was easier to just do it that way.

Why [nesw]{0,} instead of just [nesw]* ?

Didn't know about (?i), though, that's neat.
    edited November 2013
    Just an oversight. Thanks. :)

Also: there a a ton of RegEx tags. http://ult-tex.net/info/perl/
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited November 2013

Jonathin said:

Not to get too much into a little regex... what am I kidding, devil's in the details.

(?:S|s|T|t) is the same as [SsTt]

Though I'm confused about using (?:S|s|T|t) to match ST or st... should only match one letter without a quantifier.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
    edited November 2013
    Somehow I always overlook half of things. I just typed it out off the top of my head. Just input the beginning of the alias wrong.
  • Next good step could be to create a Mudlet Package, so it's an all-in-one contained install :) http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Mudlet_Packages
  • I've added your screenshot to http://www.mudlet.org/media/ - it looks great!
  • Vadimuses said:
    Next good step could be to create a Mudlet Package, so it's an all-in-one contained install :) http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Mudlet_Packages
    I've done that and sent the Link to him a few days ago. We shall see what he does with it now :P
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    What are the things that need to be done if you do not use numpad for moving?
  • XliXli
    edited November 2013
    Oceana said:
    What are the things that need to be done if you do not use numpad for moving?
    Go to the keybindings section and disable the entire Zulah folder
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • since I am new to ships, this is just awesome. Thank you for the hard work and better yet the free giveaway of your hard work.
  • Xiricom said:
    since I am new to ships, this is just awesome. Thank you for the hard work and better yet the free giveaway of your hard work.
    Make sure you are using the most recent updated one: Here

I hope to have it available via a mudlet package soon. I've just been busy making GUI's for people and working