What's cooking?

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited October 2013
    What's all that green shit, where's the meat? That does sound like a good bake though, reading the ingredients.

• @Kresslack
    That is what I refer to as "my food's food".
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Peak said:

This is the ratatouille I made about a year ago. It was quite wonderful.
    It goes: zucchini, (yellow) squash, red&yellow bell pepper, zucchini, squash, eggplant, (repeat 60 more times). Tomato paste + chopped onion + garlic + olive oil + lil water mixed up underneath, and thyme, salt, and pepper on top.
    Thinking back, I'd probably add a little dill on top too.
    That looks so delicious.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    edited October 2013
    The following is very addictive and will give the person consuming it the diabetes affliction, curable by death - life can be prolonged significantly through medication and stuff.

Ingredients (extract of cactus weed optional):
    2 x boxes of instant pistachio pudding mix shit.
    1 x box of oreo cookies
    1 x bag of Andes mints
    1 x container of Cool Whip
    1 x decent sized cake dish

To create dish of diabetic coma:
    1. follow directions on box to make pudding - place into seperate dish into fridge.
    2. once pudding is set, crush oreo cookies and mix into pudding.
    3. place mixture into cake dish.
    4. cover mixture with Cool Whip
    5. crush Andes mints and sprinkle on top.

Serve as green sludge on plates or in bowls. Be sure to consume entire thing before oreo cookies get soggy - for maximum diabetes potential.

ETA: this can also be converted into a pie of sorts if using oreo flavored pre-fabbed pie crust. Though it is not recommended due to increased set time and loss of diabetic momentum.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Can also cut slices of pepper and cook the egg inside it in a skillet. Used to do that a lot.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    How do vegetables look so delicious.

What is this sorcery?!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Where is the couscous?
  • Bad day? Cook some comfort food! Tonight's dinner is noodle soup, roasted endives, and mini kumato tomatoes. The noodle soup was basically "throw EVERYTHING in"- mini sausages, lettuce, shiitake mushrooms, peas, corn, carrots, peas, egg, sliced leeks, with a chicken broth + bay leaf base. And sesame oil. Wow my table needs cleaning.

Commissions- Base pay is 15cr/hour of work. See THIS for commission FAQ.
    The current commission queue is 5. Estimated delay in new commissions is > one week.
    There is currently a freeze on commissions. No new requests are being taken at this time, and current pieces are delayed. See sketchbook thread for details.

• Boil 3 kg worth of chicken fillet until cooked.
    • Remove from pot.
    • Cook vegetables in chicken stock.
    • Remove from pot.
    • Boil pasta in chicken/vegetable stock.
    • Remove from pot.
    • Acquire Iron Chef medal.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • EldEld
    edited November 2013

• Boil 3 kg worth of chicken fillet until cooked.
    • Remove from pot.
    • Cook vegetables in chicken stock.
    • Remove from pot.
    • Boil pasta in chicken/vegetable stock.
    • Remove from pot.
    • Acquire Iron Chef medal.
    Nm, can't read.

• JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    My turn to cook. 

Wasabi quick pickle
    Miso
    rice thingamajig with onion, radish, and carrot.
     yes, sir.
  • I call those crepes. I love filling them with strawberry and nutella :3 Now I want them! I still need to figure out what to make first with my kitchenaid - though I might end up with bread instead of something sweet.
    meh

• LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    Mmmm, looks great!
    I like mine with lemon juice and sugar, proper boring old Shrove tuesday fare
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • I'm not normally all that big on sweet stuff, but goddamn does that plate of diabetes look tasty.
  • Chewy, Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chewy, Chocolate Chip Cookies photo
    Makes 3 dozen (wat? I made like one dozen... )
    SandraSandra Buckberger

ingredients

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
    • 1/2 tsp. salt
    • 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
    • 1 cup packed brown sugar
    • 1/2 cup white sugar
    • 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
    • 1 egg
    • 1 egg yolk
    • 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips

directions

Preheat the oven to 325oF. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.

Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.

In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart

Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

meh

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Curious about kangaroo meat and what it tastes like. I know it's high protein but I've mixed feelings about eating Skippy.

Has anyone eaten it before or uses it in cooking? Is it gamey?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I've eaten it. My brother used to be crazy about it. I found it very gamey, definitely not my favourite thing on the menu. Also he cooked it with bell peppers, which not only causes me indigestion on a normal basis, but combined with the high iron content of the kangaroo meat caused me severe gastrointestinal discomfort to the point where I thought I was having an ulcer and went for a scope.

In summary, kangaroo meat = ugh.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Ugh. I am really not a fan of gamey meat. That's quite a shame. I guess Skippy lives :/

• This is the second mention of coffee cake I've seen/heard in 5 minutes. I think the world is telling me something.
This discussion has been closed.