other rogue forestals

Comments

• BeorhtnothBeorhtnoth Canada
    edited November 2013
    My RP is very nature focused though as a new player, not very fleshed out obviously.

What roles could a rogue forestal play in the bigger picture in Achaea.  I'm not really familiar with the institutional/organizational politics. 

In other IRE games I've played there are classes where you will be 'proscribed' as a player and hunted for going rogue with class.  Is it the same for Druids/Sylvans/Sentinels?

EDIT: I just read the post above mine in detail and that last sentence is a pretty apt descriptor.

• @Wysteria WOW at 21? On Nexus?  You are my new hero.  I was like 56 and I still couldn't figure out where all the cities were in relation to each other D:  Bad sense of direction is bad.  

Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • A rogue druid could join Oakstone the same as any other druid, and join Gaia's order or Artemis' order.
  • And the Patrol clan.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I don't think rogue forestals should ever have to worry abouta limitation on their skills. It's not the same with Necromancy or Devotion where those skills were granted as part of a religious theme. People can appreciate nature without actually being a part of it. It's the main reason I stay out of exterminations, because while Eleusis may be an opposing faction of Mhaldor, to me, the forests themselves are unaligbed, regardless of who pledges allegiance to them. Much like the seas, where as much of Cyrene particularly seem to align themselves with them, they do control the seas nor have much any say what happens on and within them.

• edited November 2013
    What roles could a rogue forestal play in the bigger picture in Achaea.
    In the bigger picture? None, really. Achaea doesn't cater to rogues on a grand scale because that'd take away from the existing organisations.

ETA: Also, people arguing that you can devote yourself to Nature without devoting yourself to Nature are silly.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Delphinus said:
    Kresslack said:
    I don't think rogue forestals should ever have to worry abouta limitation on their skills. It's not the same with Necromancy or Devotion where those skills were granted as part of a religious theme. People can appreciate nature without actually being a part of it.
    Being a forestal is being a part of it, though. If you just want to appreciate, you go to a city park or a Walden-style sabbatical; you don't utter prayers to it and command its power. The animist element is pretty loud and distinct.
    That equates to saying if you want to appreciate the sea to go stand on the edge of the harbour rather than actually get out there on a ship. Do oI worship the sea or pray to it or follow the Sea God? No, I certainly do not. Do I enjoy spending time out on the seas and what it has to offer? Certainly. In that sense, I see no reasonable argument for why anyone of a forestal class should be penalised for being a rogue, considering the Forest is what their skills relate to, not any particular city or a set religion, such as the case with Necromancy and Devotion. Apples and oranges, as I see it.

• When I want to be one with nature I go take a dump in the woods, or a small city park if I am on a strict time limit because I ate some Taco Bell.
  • Kresslack said:
    I don't think rogue forestals should ever have to worry abouta limitation on their skills. It's not the same with Necromancy or Devotion where those skills were granted as part of a religious theme. People can appreciate nature without actually being a part of it. It's the main reason I stay out of exterminations, because while Eleusis may be an opposing faction of Mhaldor, to me, the forests themselves are unaligbed, regardless of who pledges allegiance to them. Much like the seas, where as much of Cyrene particularly seem to align themselves with them, they do control the seas nor have much any say what happens on and within them.
    This' actually a part of our problem. People don't see Nature as a religion on the same level as Necromancy or Devotion. We'll fix that though, even if we have to load the heretics with stones and drown them in the river.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Rangor said:
    Kresslack said:
    This' actually a part of our problem. People don't see Nature as a religion on the same level as Necromancy or Devotion. We'll fix that though, even if we have to load the heretics with stones and drown them in the river.
    I don't know. I think they are majority. Might be you who ends up stoned and drowned.  :P

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Rangor said:
    Kresslack said:
    I don't know. I think they are majority. Might be you who ends up stoned and drowned.  :P
    Hah, I'd like to see them try!
  • edited November 2013
    Can we like call all bards back to cyrene too?  

Then we can have giant class vs class raids/fights/stuff.  It might be interesting. 
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Why not

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • I get the feelings, sometimes, that Rangor's already stoned :(

Also, yes. All bards can go to Cyrene. So much.
  • Let's put all the classes back to where they belong. Bards/Runewardens to Cyrene. Serpents/Shamans to Hashan. Priests/Paladins in Shallam Targossas, Infernals/Apostates to Mhaldor, Occultists to Asthan. Everyone else to CIJ!
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    yolo

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Celiana said:

Let's put all the classes back to where they belong. Bards/Runewardens to Cyrene. Serpents/Shamans to Hashan. Priests/Paladins in Shallam Targossas, Infernals/Apostates to Mhaldor, Occultists to Asthan. Everyone else to CIJ!

No love for Eleusis? :(
  • Alcinae said:
    Let's put all the classes back to where they belong. Bards/Runewardens to Cyrene. Serpents/Shamans to Hashan. Priests/Paladins in Shallam Targossas, Infernals/Apostates to Mhaldor, Occultists to Asthan. Everyone else to CIJ!
    No love for Eleusis? :(
    We will be the only city with 3 classes. That's more than anyone else will have! muhahaha.
  • you already have Sylvan/Druid/Sentinel don't be greedy you greeny
  • XerXer Langley
    I would just go Apostate early if Bards all went to Cyrene haha
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Does this mean, we can raid the CIJ?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I don't want to go back to Cyrene! There are no battlements full of hot warriors there :(
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."