IC Swearing

Comments

• @Kresslack - pmsl at your sig; thanks :D
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Not sure what pmsl stands for, but...you're welcome?

• Kresslack said:
    Not sure what pmsl stands for, but...you're welcome?
    I had to google it, but apparently "pissing myself laughing". Hopefully inaccurate.
  • The first three letters made me think about something different.
  • What's wrong with Kre..?
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I prefer your old sig, Kresslack. :(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Sylvance said:
    Sylvance stares at you and says from between grit teeth, "Taug take your mother."
    This actually shocked me more than the F word.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • Oh, and Beya uses, "By Pandora's Beard" sometimes.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • Beya said:
    Sylvance said:
    Sylvance stares at you and says from between grit teeth, "Taug take your mother."
    This actually shocked me more than the F word.
    Thanks! I'll add it to my list!
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    A dwarf sentry says, "More foreigners! Phaestus deliver us from this scourge."
    A dwarf sentry narrows his eyes at you in an unnerving manner.

A dwarf sentry says, "Lousy foreigners. Yer breath dirties our air."
    A dwarf sentry mutters discontentedly.
    I heard Halos use "Light burn my eyeballs" the other night. I giggled pretty bad. I'm glad he couldn't hear.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • It's not technically swearing, but Cinya told someone the other day that they sounded like they'd just been bitchslapped by Lady Selene. I giggled to myself for quite awhile after that. 
    Mathonwy said:
    dactylic hexameter is
    way more interesting than the inside of anyone's vagina.
  • When I use goddamnit, I don't pluralize. It's more a plea for any god to 'damn it'. But I tend to avoid profanity when at all possible, and favor things like 'Holy bananas', 'sweet lemons', 'good gravy', or just pull a Yosemite Sam and gwarfrishkinegginzyippert, which usually gets weird looks.
    Otherwise I take the context and invite them to perform uncouth acts with less sentient species, or imply things about their mothers. I guess insult mode is as profane as I get.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
    I recently used "Good Gods in the Garden" while speaking with Vayne and deathsight lit up.

Was rather proud of that one.
  • edited October 2012
    Xith said:
    When I use goddamnit, I don't pluralize. It's more a plea for any god to 'damn it'.

Well, you could get a Paladin to damn it...

• I've never heard that one before but I like it... "holy bananas."  It's fun to say.
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Flashback to Anchorman.
  • "May your God be slain!"

"By Sartan's return!"
  • Hayte said:
    Flashback to Anchorman.
    I'M IN A GLASS CAGE OF EMOTION.

sorry
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Iocun said:
    Xith said:
    But I tend to avoid profanity when at all possible, and favor things like 'Holy bananas'
    I generally want to murder everyone who uses goddamn euphemisms like "holy bananas" or "heck" or "darn" or "effing". If you want to curse, curse, if you don't want to, just shut the effing hell up.

But prude swearing is funnier.

"Rooty tooty, fresh and fruity, I'm in a pile of doody!"
    "Oh, raspberry mary! Mother of jams!"

Iocun said:

Xith said:
    But I tend to avoid profanity when at all possible, and favor things like 'Holy bananas'

I generally want to murder everyone who uses goddamn euphemisms like "holy bananas" or "heck" or "darn" or "effing". If you want to curse, curse, if you don't want to, just shut the effing hell up.

Teehee!

RIP *kastalia. :(

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I hope we all swear like Ron Burgundy.

• By Neraeos' beard!
  • Holy Eleusian battleships, Bal'met!

• Can't swear by the Twin Lords anymore :(
    But probably will continue to accidentally do so anyway. Slipping into his old habits would be IC, which is good because it's inevitable.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Gotta say I'm a fan of "Holy Eleusian battleships, Bal'met!" Going to have to figure out a way to work that one into conversation.
  • Vile Xykonspawn.