other rogue forestals

Hi everybody! I'm new to the forums and Achaea in general, and I was just wondering - how many other people here are rogue forestals? I haven't met many and I would like to.

Comments

• Curiously, why are you playing a rogue forestal rather than a forestal in any of the forestal organizations?
  • Well, there aren't very many forestal organizations, and the ones that are around just don't really interest me at this time.
  • Why though? I'm really curious what it is about Eleusis and the forestal faction you're uninterested in if you want to play as a forestal.  Wouldn't it be much better to play with a whole bunch of people who share your alignment?
  • I only know a couple rogue forestals, and at least one may show up to say hello. In the meantime you may want to share why you want to be a rogue forestal, and why their orgs don't appeal to you. Your reasons may be able to be addressed and the problems corrected.
  • Oh sorry Mannimar, I didn't see your post! I'm glad to know that there's a few more out there.
  • Mannimar was likely referring to me. I play a forestal and I'm lucky since I'm a grandfathered Cyrenian. I can completely understand your desire to not be a part of one of the forestal orgs. Feel free to hit me up IG for some mad arpees. :)

P.S.- Welcome to Achaea.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • You're in Cyrene? That's awesome. I will hit you up IG, and thank you! :)
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    edited November 2013
    @Penwize One of the major reasons I don't want to join Eleusis once Valdus gets Sentinel class is the fact that Eleusis' population doesn't seem that large. There's also the fact I believe you can enjoy nature, want to be a part of it, but also not want to spend every minute of your time with it.

If Eleusis had a bigger population, with more people who had non forestal classes, I'd be much more inclined to join it. The times when I've made a new character just to check out CWHO and do some research has given me the impression that it's not really a city. Just a place with a lot of forestal classes, and only forestal classes.

Viva la Bluef.
  • Valdus said:
    @Penwize One of the major reasons I don't want to join Eleusis once Valdus gets Sentinel class is the fact that Eleusis' population doesn't seem that large. There's also the fact I believe you can enjoy nature, want to be a part of it, but also not want to spend every minute of your time with it.

If Eleusis had a bigger population, with more people who had non forestal classes, I'd be much more inclined to join it. The times when I've made a new character just to check out CWHO and do some research has given me the impression that it's not really a city. Just a place with a lot of forestal classes, and only forestal classes.
    ...Eleusis has a pretty big population, and usually has more than Mhaldor has around.  At the time of me posting this, Eleusis has 14 visible on QW (actually has 20 online, but gems hide the rest so that's not a fair comparison to what I can see).  Mhaldor has 11.  Hashan has 8.  Targossas has 9.  I'm no sure how much bigger you want it to be.  It certainly can't compete with Cyrene's 46 or Ashtan's 22, but those are huge cities compared to the others.

Plenty of Eleusians are not forestal classes, as well.  Of the 20 I can see around at the time of writing this post, only 10 are forestal classes, the rest are a mix of monks, shamans, serpents, magi and runewardens.  That's a pretty indicative spread really, overall.  We have 3 factional classes, too, which is more than most factions, so you do see more faction-classed people in Eleusis, but that doesn't mean it excludes others (I myself am Monk).
  • ValdusValdus Australia
    Really? I've made three different alts on several occasions just to check out population and I never saw more than eight to ten on Eleusis. I must have gotten extremely unlucky with the times that I was checking.

Yes, Cyrene's population is enormous and that's one of the reason I love it. But... After what you're telling me I may have to re-evaluate some of what I thought I knew. Thank you.

Viva la Bluef.
  • Pretty run-of-the-mill opinions:
    -I think it's possible to love nature and not want to be in a city devoted to it 24/7.
    -There's also the fact I believe you can enjoy nature, want to be a part of it, but also not want to spend every minute of your time with it.

Now imagine these statements where 'nature' is substituted with Good/Evil/Chaos. Absurd.

Of course this isn't your fault, it's the fault of forestal players who have done a terrible job representing their faction on a global level for many real life years. 9/10 forestals players couldn't tell you what Nature is, why would you expect players from other factions to be able to answer that question?

Nature certainly isn't the only faction to have suffered from this, though ours does seem to be lingering the longest in a time where both the playerbase and the administration have been doing their best to purge this sort of weak sauce take on an aligned factions from the game.

That being said, it's a game, play whatever kinda character you want to, just know that aligned classes played outside their respective factions can lose access to certain abilities. Welcome to Achaea @Alerie.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• The couple of small losses for me being a rogue forestal are well worth the potential to grow my character in a parallel, yet different path. I agree Eleusis has a lot to offer, but just because you aren't Eleusian doesn't mean you can't have good relations with them.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • I support all you rogue forestals. Friends don't let friends become dirt worshippers after all. Keep pushing for less forestals that care about nature until Oakstone and the like can't get people anymore and it has to get removed. 

In all seriousness though, Eleusis is an awesome place and I have no idea why there seems to be this stigma around it. I mean, this is like the third discussion specifically about forestals wanting to be in other cities. Where are the rogue necromancers and occultists demanding other cities accept them?

Personally (though I don't have much room to talk, being a Mhaldorian forestal and all), I think that the changes made with alchemy have been fantastic. Back when forestals were in every city and there was no other source of curatives, it really wasn't even a factional class. Every city needed a forestal population between curatives and the need for rezes before the xp changes. I mean, when I made this character, Mhaldorian forestals weren't even a weird thing. It felt like half the house was forestals a lot of the time, and the city even recognized that they were needed and didn't force them to help exterm and the like. I think the duality between rogue and elusion forestals is already proof that these changes have created a better environment for creating a stronger forestal faction, and that's really cool. 

• My alt is a rogue forestal! I go on her sometime. I will poke you if I see you around! 
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Mizik said:
    :(
    You're always welcome back in Eleusis! You can bring the whole gang with you, really, I'm sure we could find somewhere for you all. :D
  • I don't see what the problem is. I was a rogue forestal myself for a while before joining the Sylvans and Eleusis. Was a great chance for me to check out all the cities without being pestered (exploration points wheee) and to determine if I wanted to stay somewhere. If they want to be a rogue, but still live for Nature, then let them.

The only downside is the "community" aspects like doing the whole Harmony/Loamweaving/Mistwalking rites which are Nature in...nature...but tied tightly to Eleusis. That, and come firefighting, they might not get the callout over CT / HNT / OAKT but instead over Market channel (Thank you @Galos for that one, was getting a bit depressed that last round was mainly responded to by my House. @Eleusis I r disappoint)

There's a stack of rogue forestals around and it's not like typical classes are Icon/House/Crystal etc dependent anyway.

@Alerie : In regards to population. Eleusis is called a Village for a reason :) But it also depends on what time you play. When I'm around I'd be lucky to have 5+ people on CWHO. When I played at my 6am a rare few times, there were about 26 people in Village and more on HWHO. So don't be too disheartened by lack of people, it's probably just the timezone you're in.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• edited November 2013
    Druid house has too many essays! So I left. And rogue fit the char rp pretty well. Mainly cause I was too lazy to write more nature essays since I already did that for 4 years in college.  So no eleusis.  The end.   

Although it is a pretty great city!
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Averi said:
    Druid house has too many essays! So I left. And rogue fit the char rp pretty well. Mainly cause I was too lazy to write more nature essays since I already did that for 4 years in college.  So no eleusis.  The end.   

Joining Eleusis doesn't mean essays though...unless you count the application letter >.>

• edited November 2013
    Wysteria said:
    Averi said:

Joining Eleusis doesn't mean essays though...unless you count the application letter >.>
    True but by the time I started considering it, I already had her rogue personality ironed out. D:

Edit: also I found that having a true rogue as my first was the best decision ever. Cause when I was still trying to figure out how to get from hashan to delos, I didn't want to also have to remember who sartan was the lord of and why hashan is at war with shallam.  I just found it easier to learn and get immersed if I wandered and talked to people and hunted a bit.  I suicided her but it was after all this exploration that I found my place as averi. So Alerie,  I totally support your decision. 
  • edited November 2013
    Wow, a lot of discussion about this!

@Zeon You made some interesting points, and thank you, I'm happy to be here.

@Wysteria I wasn't the one asking about village size. :) But I really appreciate what you said!

@Averie Thank you, and I really enjoyed meeting you IG!

• @Averi I was a rogue on Wysteria and by time I joined Sylvans, I was waaayyyy past the Rambler exploration mark at 21. I navigated pretty all of mainland I could without dying and all on the Nexus system :D *boogie*

@Alerie Good to see you about. If you ever need anything or want some random foresty interaction, just hang around the main area of Eleusis or catch us if we're afking in the forests…not sure what class you are but if you're in need of lessons, same thing :)

• @Wysteria Thanks! I would feel a little creepy just lurking while someone was afk, though. :) And I'm a Druid!
  • I do it just to scare people. I'd ask a question, wait 3 minutes, get no response, then chuck an illusion or spam them with refilling my pot 15 times then walk out. They come back to a good 100 lines of random activity and freak out :D

Hmm Druid, well Concoctions and Groves teaching is all good then!

• edited November 2013
    That's... evil! Actually no, just hilarious. The dangers of going afk, I guess. :)

What class are you? Sylvan?
  • Yeah, Sylvan. Started out as Infernal actually for one IC year, switched to Magi for another year, then stuck to Sylvan and stayed that way ever since. I enjoy the self-sufficiency that comes with Concoctions and harvesting a beehive for free lessons a little too much.

• edited November 2013
    Oh yeah, you mentioned being a Sylvan in an earlier post, sorry for spacing out on that. Infernal? Definitely an interesting start!
  • Yup! Was a random start for sure, but then I realised it's combat heavy (the client I used wasn't really decent for it, Java can only go so far) and the RP I had for Sylvan worked out better anyway.