Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Class advice - Serpent or Occultist

2»

Comments

• BrethilBrethil Posts: 2Member
    Thank you all for the valuable inputs.

Jesters seem interesting as well - they have good utility and are neutral. I've had a look around, but I can barely see any Jesters online. How hard would it be to trans the Jester skills as a rogue?

Do they share the reluctancy of Occultists, or are Jesters more open towards rogues?

• PenwizePenwize Posts: 1,331Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Brethil said:
    Thank you all for the valuable inputs.

Jesters seem interesting as well - they have good utility and are neutral. I've had a look around, but I can barely see any Jesters online. How hard would it be to trans the Jester skills as a rogue?

Do they share the reluctancy of Occultists, or are Jesters more open towards rogues?

Jesters are very open, and the CIJ is actually a rogue house (in that they do not have a city at all), and I'd highly suggest trying them out before going full rogue if you want it.
    KaitaliSybilla
  • IocunIocun Posts: 3,506Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited November 2013
    One possible reason you don't see that many jesters around is that many people can't imagine themselves roleplaying as one. Jester roleplay can be an awesome thing if done well, but the fact that many people play the class in an overly silly and annoying way leads to the class itself not being taken entirely seriously by many people, so you need to be especially convincing with your RP to break that stereotype.
    KaitaliSybillaMelodieAveriDaeir
  • AveriAveri Posts: 555Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited November 2013
    Dude, 

There's like at least one jester awake in my house every day for most of the day.  I'm not sure what time zone you are in though so if you are in like the half of the world that is opposite to america that might be why.  

We're in a not neutral city (because we have to be) but we kind of keep to ourselves so we're still pretty neutral.  But if you ever needed teaching, most of us are pretty open to it. 

Edit: i do hear the CIJ has jesters as well.
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • FitzFitz Fire and SpicePosts: 599Member @ - Epic Achaean
    During my brief stint as a Jester on Fitz (because Llew convinced me to join the guild for awhile) I tried to model him on the Fool from the Farseer books, since I was coming from being an Occultist. 
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 6,276Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited November 2013
    @Fitz:

Yes, I have tried to join both the Occultist and the Spiritwalkers. I got up to the stage past Eldritch Aspirant (Scholar of Glaaki, I think?) in the Occultists and rapidly grew tired of the environment there through no fault of any of the people running it. I just didn't like it at all. Wasn't my thing. Nothing against anyone who runs it. Spent 31 hours played time on the alt in the House, with 90% of that time involved in discussing things and talking to people in Fire and Spice. I attempted to join the Occultists again on another alt (this time who was learned to virtuoso in both Tarot and Occultism through Tyrandiel) and was promptly told to quit the class before I would be given any chance of joining the House because I was a "filthy rogue with no respect for our traditions". This is on a character who has no prior interaction with the Occultists in any form. That pretty much just nailed the coffin shut for me.

My point is that there are avenues of learning about Occultist history that don't stem from actually being in the House, which is what you seem to disagree with. I am not afforded the ability to pursue this path of roleplay without either adhering to an atmosphere I dislike or completely foregoing roleplay at all and simply joining a House to learn from a tutor/mentor only to summarily leave afterwards, which is what I consider as meta-gaming and immersion incongruent. This is not a good situation. At all.

I tried to join the Spiritwalkers and never met a single person online during my timezone throughout a whole week of play. I bashed up to level 50 while waiting for someone, anyone who wasn't HR1-2 to come on so I could kick off the progression but could not find anyone. Spent 18 hours on that alt before letting it autodelete.

Please do not assume that I have not spent the time on things. I try not to post about things I have no clue about - the Occultist situation is one that I feel I do have a good grasp of, given the amount of time I sunk into scouting the situation out.

This is the last post I will make on the topic. I feel I have been fair in giving this course of action a chance and approached it from numerous angles to make sure it was not something I was jumping to conclusions about. Nobody who has refuted me thus far has attempted to emulate my situation in its entirety whatsoever, and is simply willing to continue spouting out their opinions from a character that has ample history within the House in question. I'm done talking about this, doubly so since the opinions I've gathered throughout the course of talking about this issue have only reaffirmed my stance that this is not going to change anytime soon without administrative involvement in some fashion, simply due to the way things are.
2»
Sign In to Comment.