Movember 2013!

TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
edited December 2013 in The Universal Membrane
Movember is here! So who is participating? Let's make this interesting - I'll give 200cr to the person who grows the most awesome moustache over the course of the month.

For those that who don't know, Movember is an event that raises awareness of men's health issues by having the guys grow out their upper lip over the course of the month - for more information, head over to www.movember.com!

Here's how to enter:
1) Post a picture of yourself clean shaven before the 5th of November - in this picture, you should be holding a piece of paper or card with your character's name on it.
2) Keep us up to date with progress pictures throughout the month [optional]
3) Amaze us all with a picture of your glorious soup strainer on the 30th of November (you'll want to be holding a piece of paper or card with your character's name on it here as well.)

Extra points will be given for creative styling so go wild!

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Hmmm..

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Ah, Movember. My favourite month of the year.

• I can grow no mustache D:
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Cahin said:
    Mishgul said:
    2 hours with a cut throat later....

Your character name is Mishgul, but on the paper you wrote Carmain.  This is dishonest and you should be disqualified.
    it says Cakmain, also Cain, Cahin, Tesha, Mish and Tekk in smaller writing

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • ... tempting.

Can we get credits if we win NaNoWriMo?
  • To remove my beard in order to grow a new beard would be an atrocity.

Also, I'm lazy.

And I don't like photographing myself. Rest assured, however, that my shaggy-like-bear face is awesome and manly.

(well... it is somewhere in my dreamworld...)
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Chryenth said:
    ... tempting.

Can we get credits if we win NaNoWriMo?
    Bolded- plz!
    meh

• Yeah I can't bring myself to cut a perfectly good beard for a chance to win only 200 Cr. I'll go sulk privately now

• Waiting to get my haircut tomorrow, then will shave and post. Time to look 12 again...
  • Unfair! Discriminates against women and the facially follicley challenged like me. :(
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • Just send me a SASE and I will mail you what I shave off tomorrow. That should be enough for you and your two closest friends...
  • But thay means I wouls have to be clean shaven... that hasn't happened in like 13 years
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited November 2013
    I can't grow a mustache really, as all the hair tends to migrate to the chin and extend into a wizard level beard. Nevertheless, looking forward to all the pedostaches.

• could I enter via my husband :D
  • I cannot grow anyhting past my genetically-bred douchebag goatee/moustache combo.  I look like a bearded lady.
    *Animated Signature*

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Achilles said:
    Mishgul said:
    2 hours with a cut throat later....

I was going to try for this but holy crap you already have a 5 o'clock shadow right after shaving.  #foolserrand
    Body is only part of it! You also get points for style!
  • I can (barely) grow a basic mustache/goatee... sides won't grow at all hardly. Native american blood for you. :(

On the bright side, I don't have to (read: can't if I tried) shave daily.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • If I didn't have talks to give in front of a lot of people this month... I'll be rocking the beard for no shave November, though.

• I will also participate as soon as I get my suave haircut in a couple days. Also @Tecton, is facial hair in general fine to compete with so long as an impressive moustache remains? I generally have to steer clear of schools if I go for a moustache-only look 
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Sure, as long as you start with a clean-shaved upper lip, you're free to compete!
  • I used to work with a guy who could grow a mustache like a poison caterpillar.  I wonder what he's doing now...
  • Ourania said:
    Anaidiana said:
    So what can us women-folk do to try for a prize, eh?  :|
    Leg hair, clearly!
    hrmn. I could be down with that.