Beards, Beards, Glorious Beards!

JozlynJozlyn out of here.
edited October 2013 in The Universal Membrane
Show us what your momma gave you....
or what time, patience, and puberty brought forth. 
Woah that sounds creepy
Mustaches are acceptable!
Extra points for fancy beard art.

Alas I cannot grow a beard myself, instead I will begin by posting a pic of this fellow.
My human companion and his beginner beard. 
Let's put some water on that and watch it grow.

Beards of all sizes, shape, and color allowed. Down with beard hate!
 yes, sir.

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    When it was growing it out fully for a short time:

• I don't have pictures, and you won't get any. Mostly because I hate having cameras pointed at me. Not worried about my soul, I already sold most of that off for power and glory. Still waiting for the power and glory...

But I have my winter beard armed and ready. And this time ... no shaving it off in the middle of winter, wherein immediatly after I have to do outdoorsy work in -40 weather with a strong wind blowing. Like last time ¬_¬
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • I hate you, I'm one of those guys who can't grow a beard. I have a moustache but it's virtually invisible because it's a thin smattering of blonde hair. Thanks for that!
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • There there. One day, you too will grow a beard and know what it feels like to be shaggy like bear.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • I am banned from shaving off my facial hair, mainly because I look about 12 without when cleave shaven. 

Had a job once doing Chemical Cleaning that required nothing beyong a mustache, so that the facial hair did not tamper with the seal of your respirator/SCBA. It sucked...
  • JozlynJozlyn out of here.

Well you lot.  

November is upon us.  Set down that turkey leg and work on something more important. 
    Some of you may be participating in Movember http://us.movember.com/
    Others may be believers in Noshemberhttp://www.noshember.com/pages/home.php

Perhaps you're just lazy, that's okay too. 
    We celebrate laziness when it comes to facial hair
     (unless it's a godawful neck beard and then for the love of all that is holy shave that beast)

To foster a sense of community, I'm willing to spice things up by offering 
    50 amazingly shiny credits 
    to the best beard/mustache posted here during the month of November.
     Prize to be awarded at the end of the month.

Here is some inspiration. Now get growing.

DISCLAIMER: Beard/Mustache contest is done in a spirit of general kinship and friendliness. Offerer assumes purchasing credits for an individual is acceptable, if not she will strike the offer and instead offer a hand drawn portrait of a goose to winner. This is not, I repeat, not a cunning ploy to see your beautiful bearded and mustached faces, or is it? I understand if you hate terms like 'movember' or 'noshember', they, much like a beard, grow on you over time.
     yes, sir.
    Caveat: It must be a beard or stache grown upon your face.
     yes, sir.
    edited November 2013
    Edit: stupid phone.

I'm probably going to be shaving mine off this month.

Kresslack said:

I'm probably going to be shaving mine off this month.
    To grow an even more awesomer beard? That is the only acceptable reason
     yes, sir.
  • @Jozlyn just you wait til you see mine!
    Oh @Sybilla I cannot wait!

This reminds me:
    Addendum:

For those ladies, and men who cannot grow facial hair, you may also attempt to swoop the prize by constructing a beard or mustache out of your choice of materials.  HOWEVER it must be truly glorious to attempt to claw its way to the top.
     yes, sir.
  • Gathering cat hair as we speak.
  • My camera phone sucks as I'm not actually a red tinged, out of focus being. This is how I wear my beard probly 90% of the time though, switching to goatee once in a blue moon.

Well damn. I'd mosey on over to @Tecton 's post to try to win 200 credits if I were you.
     yes, sir.
  • Jozlyn said:
    Oh @Sybilla I cannot wait!

This reminds me:
    Addendum:

For those ladies, and men who cannot grow facial hair, you may also attempt to swoop the prize by constructing a beard or mustache out of your choice of materials.  HOWEVER it must be truly glorious to attempt to claw its way to the top.
    Time to make dwarven/viking helm and beard combo and drop my scarf project (the scarf is going to look like Loki's scarf in Thor, not the one from the Avengers)
    meh

@Trilliana knit or crochet?
     yes, sir.
  • Scarf is knit, helm will probably be crochet
    meh

• Now, @Jozlyn, is this meant to be specifically beards/moustaches grown entirely during the month of November, or is preexisting facial hair covered?
    @Eld. Pre-existing is fine but it had better look damned glorious by the end of the month. 
    Perhaps we should switch this to just beards as Tecton is hosting a marvelous movember contest.
     yes, sir.
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    Eld's is pretty marvellous.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • Lianca said:
    Eld's is pretty marvellous.
    And my beard ain't bad either, if I do say so myself.
    edited November 2013
    Let's try this again!
    Tecton is hosting an awesome Movember contest, go check it out, you could win 200 credits!

After chatting with Tecton, I've decided to make this BEARDS ONLY with his blessing.

To foster a sense of community I'm offering
    50 amazingly shiny credits
    to the best beard posted here during the month of November.

Prize to be awarded at the end of the month.

Ladies & Men without the facial hair gene- Don't feel left out! 
    You can participate too! Create a faux beard out of your choice of materials and wear it proudly in a public place (photo required). Remember it must be truly fabulous to win!
    Rules: 
    • Beards must be on YOUR face.
    • You do not have to shave your beard and start over. You do need to post a picture of your beard at the beginning of the month (by the 15th) and a picture of your beard at the end of the month (by the 30th). I want to see improvement.
    • Faux beard requirements- Photo at beginning of creation process, photo of you wearing completed item in public.
    Here's some inspiration. Get Growing!

DISCLAIMER: Beard contest is done in a spirit of general kinship and friendliness. I will be giving 50 credits to the winner or a hand drawn portrait of a goose, winner's choice. I swear I'm not creeping on you, I swear it.

yes, sir.
  • Is it just me, or does Allan Ginsberg look a lot like David Cross in that photo?
    Mr T. wears a lot of makeup....