Histories for arena game outcomes

Similar to HISTORY DEATHSIGHT, except it lists the arena and the winner(s).

Would cover spars, party spars, as well as duels to the death (if people even ever use that), as well as the winners of KoTH, Rampage, FFA, etc. etc.

The rationale is that a lot of organizations in Achaea use spars a method of tracking their members' advancement, and it's easier to sort through the arena history than it is through deathsight, in general, for the purposes of record-keeping (since there's much, much less arena action than general dying in Achaea).

Would have its own command HISTORY ARENAS or something, and use the same defence (deathsight) to work on.

Comments

• Might be kind of a neat feature just for following things out of curiosity, but the idea of using it, let alone deathsight, to track members' sparring for them (as opposed to having them write something up in a journal or similar) strikes me as pretty absurd.
  • Well, to avoid people cheating, instructors check HISTORY DEATHSIGHT for confirmation on the outcome of fights/spars already. This'd just make keeping track of arena events easier.
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Eld said:
    Might be kind of a neat feature just for following things out of curiosity, but the idea of using it, let alone deathsight, to track members' sparring for them (as opposed to having them write something up in a journal or similar) strikes me as pretty absurd.
    I agree that tracking deathsight alone is not a good way to measure such things. Writing in a journal about specific things in the event should be required especially for more combat orientated houses.

Though what @Anedhel is saying is a good idea. Would be cool to at least see something like:

HISTORY ARENA DELOS DUELS (shows last 10 or so duels - both players or parties and who/which team was winner)
    HISTORY ARENA DELOS LAST or just HISTORY ARENA DELOS (shows the most recent event's scores - e.g. duel or KoTH)
    HISTORY ARENA DELOS [KOTH/RAMPAGE/FFA/etc] (same as duels but for these events)

When displaying results for multi-player events that are not duels, it would probably have to be broken down by ID numbers or something.
    Example: someone could do HISTORY ARENA DELOS KOTH 52 and it would display KDR of each team's players with totals and which team won.

• Could always require your members to join the combat rankings and make their spars ranked!
  • Iocun said:
    Could always require your members to join the combat rankings and make their spars ranked!
    That can make it difficult if you want them to rack up spars against a certain number of other classes or similar, though. 
  • Hrm, I guess that's true.