Customised Items

This is in regards to items (such as from the renowned traveling Bazaar) that have been made either non-decay, resetting, or both. I've some such items which have been made non-decay, and some which have been resetting. However, I'm having difficulty distinguishing which items I've made non-decay have or have not been made resetting yet! Thus, unless I've overlooked a command (very likely although I did make effort to look and ask around before posting this ), I would like to suggest that items that have been made either non-decay or resetting be configured to appear on the Artefact List for that person.

Comments

• Resetting would make some sense. Or maybe separate an artefact list, and another list, which contains SoW items, etc, things that can't be traded in but will reset and are permanent.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• If you have a secure location you can use, you can drop them all somewhere for a while and see what returns and what doesn't. Not a very convenient workaround, but better than nothing.
  • They don't already? I know things customised with silver tokens show on artefact list. Is today just due to the first description?
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    Eld said:
    They don't already? I know things customised with silver tokens show on artefact list. Is today just due to the first description?

I just looked at my artifact list and realized that I do not have my customized items on my list even through it is both customized and resetting.
  • I customised my sporran with a token, it is not on my list. I agree with the OP though. Perhaps a custom item list that details resetting and decay?
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Yeah. The issue I'm encountering is, I've made some stuff non-decay and resetting, and some stuff is just naturally non-decay that I'd like to make resetting. I just can't figure out which is which really.

• Yeah, seems mine don't show up there anymore, either. They definitely used to, though.
  • edited October 2013
    Have you tried putting it through the customisation system without submitting it? Presumably that should detect whether something is non-decay or resetting when you attempt to add either on to something that has it all ready.

Alternatively, any item with resetting should have a line in its probe desc stating so.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • Trying to customise it as resetting will tell you that it already is but that's a relatively large hassle for multiple items.

Non-decay should already be obvious by probing.
  • Damn, ninja'd by @Tecton.
    ~
  • Tecton said:
    They never have, no, because they're not artefacts. We could potentially add something in the probe description if it resets to you (for the owner only.)
    Hm, I was sure they used to be in there, but my logs seem to disagree. I suppose I have to be wrong now and then.
  • EilonaEilona United Kingdom

Eld said:
    Tecton said:
    They never have, no, because they're not artefacts. We could potentially add something in the probe description if it resets to you (for the owner only.)
    Hm, I was sure they used to be in there, but my logs seem to disagree. I suppose I have to be wrong now and then.
    It used to be that if something reset to you it bore your mark, but people didn't like that because the original maker was forgotten about so it was changed.
  • Eilona said:

Eld said:
    Tecton said:
    It used to be that if something reset to you it bore your mark, but people didn't like that because the original maker was forgotten about so it was changed.
    They still bear your mark.
  • Yes, and I hate that! Change that back (original maker's mark left intact)
    ~
    Mannimar said:
    Eilona said:

Eld said:
    Tecton said:
    That's strange. My old character has a wedding ring which resets but still bears the mark of the jeweller. I just logged in to check and that's still the case.
  • Also, journals bear the market of the owner, resetting or not.

Yes, a separate line (with return times?) would be awesome.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Eilona said:
    Mannimar said:
    Eilona said:

Eld said:
    Tecton said:
    That's strange. My old character has a wedding ring which resets but still bears the mark of the jeweller. I just logged in to check and that's still the case.
    Any item customised before the new customisation system went in have the original maker's mark on the item. The new system makes anything you custom bear your mark. This should be an additional option: Pay 5-10 credits to preserve or reinstate the original maker's mark.
    ~
    I would be prefer to have it go back to the item keeping its original mark by default than make it something you have to pay extra for.
  • You don't need to pay re: the mark. I just emailed about removing the mark on my custom pouch since it kept the original maker's mark and they took it off within about an hour. I'm pretty sure they'd let you change the mark just as easily between your own or the original.

• When I customise items I have to ask for no mark.
  • Ok, it should still be a toggle option, whether it's free or not.
    ~
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Cardan said:
    I just made a small update so that if an item resets and is configured to reset to your inventory (artefact or not), the PROBE output will include the line "It will reset to you."
    woohoo! no longer do I have to bother random admins every time I go out of dormancy with the questions "is item#### resetting? I forgot."
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."