SVO can't update itself?

Hey! So for a long time, this has not been working for me. I think it would be AWESOME if it did, so I wanted to know if there was a fix for this. I would love to be able to update my system without all the hassle! Also, just to be clear since I didn't mention it already, I am referring to the VUPDATE function, or the little links you can click to have svo update itself! Here is what happens for me:

Comments

• I get that pretty much every time I update to a new version, but if I open up the Package Manager it -is- installed properly, so I just restart the client and it's fine. May be worth checking that next time and seeing if the same is the case for you.
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    Same here, I've never had a mudlet update actually work without having to do it manually.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • mine always fails the automatic upgrade, it is like 50/50 when I force an update
  • Mine actually gives that error every time despite installing successfully.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Out of my 7 or so alts, SVO updates itself just fine for 5/7 updates.

Takes about thirty seconds for the manual install if it does fail so it's never a huge deal for me.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• When I get that. I just reinstall SVO again if it's been deleted and then try to update to the new version. Usually updates fine during the second or third time.
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    Manual installing isn't a problem, takes just a couple of seconds, was just interesting to see that I'm not the only one who hasn't ever had an automatic update go through.
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • It seems to be very random in when it doesn't work (it can even do that on a single computer, apparently). For the technical reason, what happens is that the script execution just... stops at some point and doesn't continue. No errors are raised either. There's some theories into this, but I haven't been able to make this happen in my windows vm, which makes it more difficult to work out.
  • No problem! It will be interesting to see if it works when I get a Macbook Pro in the near future
  • @Zuko I am on a Macbook and SVO updates just fine.
    Light prevails, always
  • Has anyone on Mac / a Linux OS had troubles updating like this?
  • @Shibumi updates just fine, we are referring to the auto-update system in place?
  • Yup noticed this too, updates just fine on my Macbook, but is random on Windows
  • A lot of the times on Windows 7, for me at least, it was my GPO that was stopping the updating. I basically just disabled a ton of stuff and it worked fine. 
  • I've never had a problem on Windows 8 or Windows Vista
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    No problems on Ubuntu 13.10
  • Tekk said:
    A lot of the times on Windows 7, for me at least, it was my GPO that was stopping the updating. I basically just disabled a ton of stuff and it worked fine. 
    GPO?
  • @tekk GPO? what is that! Group Policy Object(??)
  • Yes! The Group Policy O....stands for something. Object? I can't be the only person that uses their work machine to play.  >:)
  • You should totally post screenshots and so on of what we should turn off. :)
  • Haha! Gladly!

You may get in trouble for this!

• To open Local Security Policy, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Local Security Policy.
    • In the console tree, click User Rights Assignment.
    • In the details pane, double-click the user right you want to change.
    • In UserRight Properties, click Add User or Group.
    • This varies: for me I added my AZCORP and LDAP ID with admin rights.

C/P'd some of the instructions from Technet