Ask your Producer: Mayaween Edition

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Jacen said:
    You said here that Hashan would get "some tools to aide in a stronger factional identity." Did Hashan already miss the boat on this, or is it yet to come?
    Part of it has happened, part of it is still to come!
    Kresslack said:
    Someone earlier mentioned changes in weaponry, would this be in regards to making larger, two-handed weapons such as warhammers, halberds, and bastard swords more than just decorative or behead weapons?

Also, in regards to Sefaring (yes, you should have expected this) are there any new things planned whether events or ways to make seafaring more fun an enjoyable?

Addtiionally, now that High Clans can claim org ships, who do I have to pimp Kinilan out to in order to get totems claimable by High Clans as well? Thanks for any information!
    1) That's the plan, yes.
    2) Yes, we've got some fun events coming up in the near future, and we're paying close attention to the seafaring suggestion thread here on the forums. We'd love more people using and enjoying the ship/seafaring system, and making it more enjoyable and accessible is definitely one of our goals.
    3) I think pimping Kinilan out would be detrimental to the cause. In all seriousness, there are always going to be some inequality between High Clans and other more major organisations (Cities and Houses). We'll keep it in mind though!
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I suppose it's not really a question and I understand that it does hugely depend on volunteer time, but I have to say that I am really jealous of the Mayaween events in Eleusis and most prominently the customisable painting stuff. 

Would more customisable things (that don't require a 200cr investment) be something that admin might look into implementing more of? Or maybe at least as promotions? (similar things include paintings in Zanzibaar, statues in Lothos, burgers in Ashtan..) I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that that painting denizen got me more excited than any of the recent Shop of Wonders items, or winning humgii races!

Alternatively, are there any plans for implementing more crafting-type licenses in the relatively near future?
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

Zuko said:
    @Sarapis @Tecton What was your major and minor (if applicable) in college?
    I have an IT degree with a major in infrastructure and networking. Sarapis has a Political Science degree!
    Eld said:
    If you don't mind me asking, what exactly does multi-classing entail and how will it affect House membership? As an example, can you combine Chivalry with Occultism to get "chaos knights", etc?
    http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/1595/multi-classing/p1 That scenario seems to be pretty well covered by Sarapis' first bullet there.
    Yep! Gold star for Eld!
    Daeir said:
    Do you have any plans to adjust the effectiveness of Veils in defensive scenarios (ie being forced to fight a team with veils when your team has none, particularly in city defenses)?

Is there a current ballpark ETA for the arrival of one or both Targossian Houses?
    1) No current plans, no.
    2) As I mentioned earlier in the thread, once the new intro/post intro stuff is live, getting city novicehood and the new houses in for Targossas is the first priority. The team is hard at work getting everything ready (things like building house halls etc.) so we can have them out as soon as humanly (divinely?) possible.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited October 2013
    ETA on tradeskill split (I'm assuming more than 6 months to a year?) and what kind of new crafting skills being considered?

We celebrate Halloween and Christmas in Achaea. Do you think it's possible/is it already on the agenda for mini holiday 'events' for these two occasions to be done to better integrate them in the game?
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• DragonknightDragonknight Mhaldor
    edited October 2013
    1) Any plans on making synthesizing the metals not be such a drag? 2 per synthesis takes so long. :-w

2) If a boon given to you by the dear departed Clementius, was stripped away. You issued yourself and were told: "We'll see what we can do". Months go by and nothing has happened. What would want done? (Yes, I'm totally still bitter about being removed from HELP NAMECHANGE) 

3) Are you still waiting for me to decide what to do with that damn fireworks wand I accidentally won? I'm sorry. I can't decide what I want to do with it. :-/

4) What Halloween candy do/did you hope for most? :-bd

5) You totally ignored my comment about how the maritime ledger seemed overpriced. /:)

• Zuko said:
    @Sarapis @Tecton What was your major and minor (if applicable) in college?

Political science here. No minor. Concentrated on international relations and political philosophy.
  • edited October 2013
    Hmm.. If you cannot give an exact timeframe that is okay!  But, are we talking Houses in Targossas by Thanksgiving, or closer to Logosmas? Thanks! I'm so excited and I'm sure you're sick of answering Targossas House questions but I'm just jazzed about it. And yeah, I know the novice system has to settle in first. Which is understandable if that pushes back the Houses a bit
    edited October 2013
    Ruth said:
    ETA on tradeskill split (I'm assuming more than 6 months to a year?) and what kind of new crafting skills being considered? We celebrate Halloween and Christmas in Achaea. Do you think it's possible/is it already on the agenda for mini holiday 'events' for these two occasions to be done to better integrate them in the game?
    1) The time it takes to develop the 11 new skills and related abilities!
    2) New crafting / trade skills you'll have to wait and see (at least until they're a little further finalised)
    3) They're explained via the Dance of the Vault (HELP DANCE OF THE VAULT) already!
  • edited October 2013
    Can you please please please make spiderwebs entangle hapless victims like they used to?  Pleeaaaaaaase?  

• Zuko said:
    Hmm.. If you cannot give an exact timeframe that is okay!  But, are we talking Houses in Targossas by Thanksgiving, or closer to Logosmas? Thanks! I'm so excited and I'm sure you're sick of answering Targossas House questions but I'm just jazzed about it. And yeah, I know the novice system has to settle in first. Which is understandable if that pushes back the Houses a bit
    In general, we're not going to give any kind of specific time estimates I'm afraid! "When it's done" is the real answer.
  • 1) Jester dex answered

2) High Clan totems: ETA?

3) Once upon forever ago, Tecton said He wanted to do a weapons overhaul. Still in the cards and when in relation to the Multi-class timeline?

4) IDEA: Rename the forum 'Agree' button to 'Sagenod'

5) Fwoodlebapps. Respond as appropriate.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Weapons question was answered too.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • Zuko said:
    Giving an accurate estimate is impossible due to Hofstadter's law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Will there possibly be any new classes in the future? I always thought a class that was more based around archery would be pretty cool. I remember on the IRE site there was an article with lots of  comments for new class ideas, and there were a lot of really neat ones there, too.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    @Tecton, you goddamn tease. :C
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

Zuko said:
    Hopefully more the former than the latter!
    Kayeil said:
    Will there possibly be any new classes in the future? I always thought a class that was more based around archery would be pretty cool. I remember on the IRE site there was an article with lots of  comments for new class ideas, and there were a lot of really neat ones there, too.
    Indeed there is, nothing planned for any time in the near future though. With splitting tradeskills off from class skills, we'll see some new and interesting dynamics in classes without necessarily adding entirely new ones.

• Pleaaaaaaaaase?  It's all I want for Mayaween.  

Jules said:
    Can you please please please make spiderwebs entangle hapless victims like they used to?  Pleeaaaaaaase?  

They still do, it's just a low chance of it happening to non-newbies.
  • edited October 2013
    A butterfly? Where? Is it the elusive Regent butterfly?
    Also, by any chance would that be related to the Monarch and/or Viceroy butterflies?

@Ourania- See, it's not just a title. *hope*
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Has there ever been any behind the scenes discussion regarding a potential ranged ability for Blademasters? Instead of archery, since Blademasters seem similar to Monks, some sort of directional burst abilities within Shindo that go Line of Sight? 

I'll just leave this here....

This discussion has been closed.