Bashing ratings

So I was wondering if you where to list each of the classes bashing skills by order of most damaging to least what would it look like? my estimate is something like this but I need help filling in the blanks.

1. Monk (sdk;ucp;ucp)
8. Sumac
9. Punch

Best Answer

Answers

• I appreciate that this isn't a direct answer to your question (I don't know the answer, sorry!) but I've seen @Tecton say in another thread that in terms of straight dps the classes are fairly balanced. Depending on why you're asking this question, that may or may not be helpful.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • If Imperian / Aetolia is anything to go by. Then unartied, for straight damage and not DPS (no crits at all), it's Staffcast > Maul > Monk combo, then the rest are pretty close. (DSL slot depends on what weapons you use)

• edited October 2013
    wow really!? the maul of a hyena is better than a sidekick+2xuppercuts? I'm a monk and thought they were by far the best for bashing. Thanks for the info
    wait Maul first happens later hyena has CLAW. Sry. When does maul become an option and is it really better?

• Important parts to pick out from Cynlael's post:

"Imperian / Aetolia" - it may not be the same on Achaea, though it's likely to be reasonably close.
    "Straight damage and not DPS" - DPS is the important factor, even ignoring crits.
    "(no crits at all)" - you will eventually start getting critical hits, and can potentially get a quite high crit chance, classes with a multiple hit bashing attack (monk combo or doubleslash, for example) benefit more from this.

At high level, Monk outstrips pretty much everything for bashing. At low level there are potentially better options, I'm not sure, but if you're currently a monk and you're interested primarily in bashing, I wouldn't suggest switching.
  • Riplakish said:
    wow really!? the maul of a hyena is better than a sidekick+2xuppercuts? I'm a monk and thought they were by far the best for bashing. Thanks for the info
    wait Maul first happens later hyena has CLAW. Sry. When does maul become an option and is it really better?

It really depends on what you mean by better. Maul (which is jaguar, not hyena, by the way) may do more damage, but still be a worse bashing attack when you take into account the balance. If you're just talking about efficiency for bashing, you want to be looking at damage per second (DPS), as well is balance in itself (faster attacks are better at constant DPS), and possibly things like endurance/willpower drain.
  • PS are any druids available to induct me since I am too old for certimene to do so?
  • Daeir said:
    Staffcast doesn't feel quite so amazing as everyone makes it out to be. Would love to see solid stats on bashing damage.

I summon @Sena!
    That's exactly what I am looking for too! Thanks @Daeir
  • Lets see some solid stats for bashing dmg.
  • I forgot about brawling. Interestingly, brawling attacks scale to the max health of the denizen, meaning that they deal insane damage against stronger denizens. That's not actually useful though, since you'll have a hard time ever hitting strong denizens with them.

Punch: 50+MaxHealth/20 damage (before strength), 3.5s balance (before nimble).
    Kick: 70+MaxHealth/25 damage (before strength), 4.3s balance (before nimble).
    Headslam: 70+MaxHealth/25 damage (before strength), 4.2s balance (before nimble). Also stuns you for 0.1s.
  • TeghaineTeghaine Cape Town - South Africa - Africa (thatcontinentthatlookslikesouthamerica)
    No love for accenato?
    Aww...
  • Any ideas on shaman bleed?
  • Seftin said:
    Any ideas on shaman bleed?
    Some discussion on it here, but the numbers I have are a bit outdated, I'm not sure exactly what it's like now.
  • Thanks @sena. If you need any testinglet me know.
  • So does this mean Sanya does not alter balance time?

• edited October 2013
    Borran said:
    So does this mean Sanya does not alter balance time?
    Correct. My notes on BM were as follows: (and mesh with Sena's)

Thyr  - 10% faster, -3 damage

Mir   - 20% slower, -1 damage, +defense

Sanya -             +1 damage

Arash -  5% faster, +3 damage, -defense

Doya  - 20% slower, +2 damage

Note that +#damage is not actually +1 or +2, but a rank of +damage, higher number is more/less respectively.

Also, if I remember right, unstanced is actually better than thyr for hunting. Sanya is best. Even taking crits into account. (crits/overkill does make thyr closer to sanya than straight dps indicates, but sanya still wins - more so on larger health enemies)

Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Borran said:
    So does this mean Sanya does not alter balance time?
    Not measurably, from what I've seen.
  • @sena what do you use to see the damage your bashing attacks to do denizens? Do you have some super secret trick, or is it still falcons that's the popular testing reference.
  • Rangor said:
    @sena what do you use to see the damage your bashing attacks to do denizens? Do you have some super secret trick, or is it still falcons that's the popular testing reference.
    Still falcons. I think baalzadeens would also work, but knights are much easier to find than apostates.
  • Just use a falcon. Even if there is some better way out there (which I don't think there is), the little f---ers deserve the abuse.
  • edited November 2013
    Slight necro, but I just tested Bard damage.
    With a 66 damage 235 speed rapier and 12 strength/intelligence, I got 266 damage on jab, 252 on accentato for 518 total.
    225 DPS before nimble/canticle, which would put Bards close to the top in terms of bashing damage output.