Wares

Can we get the WARES command to get some added functionality?

Here are some arguments we should be able to use, just off the top of my head-
waterwalking
enchantment(s)
bin # (including 0)
(bin name)
clothes
jewellery

Some of these would be easier than others to do, but it would make shopping much easier.
~
You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    You can sort of already do some of that. I know you can break things down and specify for tuns and food. Clothing and jewellery would seem a given.

Would be nice if enchantments flagged for those specifically looking for things in shops.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• TeghaineTeghaine Cape Town - South Africa - Africa (thatcontinentthatlookslikesouthamerica)
    You can't search for all clothing at once. You need to specify leggings/trousers/pants. If you search for pants, you will only find pants, you won't see other leg clothes like leggings or trousers.
  • Free free to post any other arguments you'd like to see. I can't imagine I hit them all.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • Given that there aren't that many general goods shops in Sapience, this doesn't seem overly necessary. Most shops will only sell one type of merch, so 'WARES CLOTHES' would be generally pretty redundant.

'WARES FIRELASH/WATERWALKING/etc.' would be neat, though.

• the problem with that is that the markers for enchants only show up if you have that skill in weaponry or vision or whatever. The only way it could work for say, newbs, is if the bin is so flagged.

• Silas said:
    Given that there aren't that many general goods shops in Sapience, this doesn't seem overly necessary. Most shops will only sell one type of merch, so 'WARES CLOTHES' would be generally pretty redundant.

'WARES FIRELASH/WATERWALKING/etc.' would be neat, though.
    Don't those kinds of enchantments show up on WARES already? Or is that only if you have a particular ability (I was thinking WLIST or CLOTHESLIST but everyone has those now)?
  • You need weaponprobe to see enchantments on items, I think. Honestly that would be better off being changed to weaponlist (I think weaponlist makes stats on weapons show up, but I'm not sure - that may also require weaponprobe) so that it's available to absolutely everybody.
  • Antonius said:
    You need weaponprobe to see enchantments on items, I think. Honestly that would be better off being changed to weaponlist (I think weaponlist makes stats on weapons show up, but I'm not sure - that may also require weaponprobe) so that it's available to absolutely everybody.
    Pretty sure wlist without weaponprobe gets you weapon stats on WARES. I remember there being some confusing inconsistency; maybe it's that you still need weaponprobe for enchants.
  • It's not about the enchantment showing up, I just want to be able to filter wares when I'm looking for a firelash ring/gloves.

• I think without wp, wares don't tell you enchants or weapon stats. Wlist will show stats once in inventory.
  • Rispok said:
    I think without wp, wares don't tell you enchants or weapon stats. Wlist will show stats once in inventory.
    WLIST (not WP) causes wares (weapons/armor) to show stats.

Uncertain on whether WP is necessary to see enchantments. I would assume so.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Wares shows weapon stats without weaponprobe.

• Arditi said:

Wares shows weapon stats without weaponprobe.

Maybe it changed? I think it used to not.
  • Rispok said:
    Wares shows weapon stats without weaponprobe.
    Maybe it changed? I think it used to not.
    It didn't used to, but with the revamping of the LIST commands, it does.

Means that baby knights no longer need to worry about getting Weaponprobe for a little while longer and can pour all of their lessons straight into Chivalry.

• As far as I know, it's always been weaponlist, not weaponprobe. At least, before the recent changes to LISTs, all my newb alts had to wander around weaponprobing individual items in shops to figure out what was what.
  • Oh yeah, that's what I was thinking of.
  • edited November 2013
    Eld said:
    As far as I know, it's always been weaponlist, not weaponprobe. At least, before the recent changes to LISTs, all my newb alts had to wander around weaponprobing individual items in shops to figure out what was what.
    Correct. Weaponlist used to be a lot harder to get than weaponprobe, and vision less useful than weaponry... so until after someone tri-transed, they usually didn't get weaponlist and thus nothing showed on WARES.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.