Eating (and Drinking?)

Allow us to override the eating messages through the new emote system for all player-created food. I understand that people put quite a lot of thought into how they want it to appear when people eat their stuff, but I also put quite a lot of thought into how I want my character to behave, and the two rarely mesh. Drinks are less obnoxious, since they can't be created by players yet, and people generally know which drinks to avoid if they wish. Plus, most of the more elaborate drinking messages are pretty fun.

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I don't eat player-created foods specifically to avoid forced reactions like plate licking. Seriously, who's the shroom addict that approves those ones?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Jonathin said:
    I don't eat player-created foods specifically to avoid forced reactions like plate licking. Seriously, who's the shroom addict that approves those ones?
    I still think the worst one was the Y600 brandy. I rarely actually wtf out loud, but... yeah. Oh, and the ejaculation (cake?).
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Even if food eating was plain by standard, I'd still like to be able to customize my eat messages. The benefits of being able to write your own messages for eating aren't just to counter terrible food messages. Sometimes you want to convey something with how you eat.
  • You already can 'eat blah: eats @thing', but the player created eat msgs override your emote. Standard food like mutton you can eat however you want.

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Ah, gotcha. Then yes, please.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"