Raid Fails

JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
We've all done stupid things in raids, like accidentally beckoning your team into an enemy group/totem, bombing your own teammates in retardation, breathraining your own teammates, everyone hitting the deliveranced guy even though the leader shouted 'HE HAS DELIVERANCE' about 50 times...

Post some of your most facepalm-worthy raid moments! Maybe I'll write about them if I find them funny enough :D
If you like my stories, you can find them here:
Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

Comments

• I was still a raid-baby back then! One minute I'm just spamming cwho and shit, next minute I go straight into a totem with no metawake on. Good times, haha :D
  • When I was in Targossas, someone from Ashtan forced me to kick guards (not naming any names!). I was rezzed like 3 times on top of guards before they got them pacified  and realized what they were doing. All in all, I think I died a good 5 times to their guards including the initial burst/true death. 

• Wynedere said:
    When I was in Targossas, someone from Ashtan forced me to kick guards (not naming any names!). I was rezzed like 3 times on top of guards before they got them pacified  and realized what they were doing. All in all, I think I died a good 5 times to their guards including the initial burst/true death. 
    Hah, similar thing happened to <name deleted> when my character was Hashani still. Some Mhaldorian serpent was asked to leave or something and was clearly mad about it. So it came into the Crossroads, where everyone was standing, it hypnotizes <Hashani Reagent at the time> and force kicks a guard. I was an Alchemist at the time so I do the stupidest thing and just Revive him standing on the guard stack and he instantly dies again. I eventually had to take his body into the forest to revive.
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    Just a couple of days ago.  I track to Sothantos after he tells everyone come.  Land and promptly die to a group of Mhaldorians.  I still don't know where Sothantos and co went in the moment it took me to track.
  • Penwize said:
    Dunn said:
    I repressed this one, but we were fighting on Jaru road vs a fairly large Shallam group. I was Mage at the time and I was going to drop retard. I get the retard off and Deladan (thanks for the reminder @Carmain) flies immediately. He then breath rained and only killed our team somehow. I made it a point during every following raid to sit him down before engaging and tell him to NOT FKING BREATHRAIN.
    And then he did anyway.  Until he joined Mhaldor to breathrain that team instead.  Then finally he joined Hashan, where he discovered there was nobody to breathrain and promptly went dormant.
    Nah, he got a few good breathrains in here before going dormant.
  • Oh! I remember one time I was raiding with a group in Mhaldor and we attacked an unkillable denizen and tried to kill it for a while that was fun!
  • All the raids prior, and some of the raids after, it became mandatory to say, "DO NOT ATTACK THE PARADISE BIRDS." while raiding Shallam.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Too many to count, from earring entire groups into world burn+totems to our escape pilgrimage holder either leaving or letting the rite run out without refreshing there are lots of things that can go wrong.  Our worst raid failures always involved failed attempts at infiltrating a city without a serpent.
  • Man, I leap into guards at least once every raid. I also suck balls at standing totem.

I've had some epid Deliverance bombs, though! The Great Numb Dive into Cyrene Guards Bomb of 2010.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Voyria arc.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mizik said:
    Man, I leap into guards at least once every raid. I also suck balls at standing totem.

I've had some epid Deliverance bombs, though! The Great Numb Dive into Cyrene Guards Bomb of 2010.
    Pretty sure your most shining moment was Operation Worldburn Targ Saferoom 2013.
  • Mizik said:
    Man, I leap into guards at least once every raid. I also suck balls at standing totem.

Homie, don't even talk to me about fucking up totem props :/

To everyone who has to put up with me- I am so, so, so sorry.
  • Anedhel said:
    Mizik said:

Homie, don't even talk to me about fucking up totem props :/

To everyone who has to put up with me- I am so, so, so sorry.
    Agreed, I screwed up way too many times with totem props, lol. Apologies to everyone as well! 
  • Being beckoned into guards/totem or giant group/totem right as I say pt come.
  • Every raid where Tanris was drunk and wouldn't drop the bone.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    IN one of the recent raids, I had just switched class and hadn't gotten my sword forged yet. So most of the raid without realizing it I was running around with no sword and still trying to shoot people with my bow. When I finally realized, I resorted to runnin into people and using Annihilation to try to throw them into totems and guards.

• JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited October 2013
    More details! Moar! Tell me more stories!

These are pretty hilarious so far though. I think my favourite is Hasar's story about @Alcinae, just because the imagery is so funny :D

Also what happened with the paradise birds?
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Hasar said:
    Oh, man, I wish I logged this. But, we were on Hashan's northern defendable. So there's quite a few rooms south (Road of Eternity) some with guards, some not.

@Alcinae is uprooting or propping, I forget which, but he's unmassed. (Too poor for Shackle, what a scrub). Some completely random novice is there, who I try to gust out, but he gets adducted back in a few times...so I let it be.

THEN @Nizaris uses demon blast. However, he used the untargetted version (if there even is a targetted one, I have no idea), and yes, he did blast the novice out...but he blasted @Alcinae down the entire south exits into the Road of Eternity.

@Alcinae died. The end. :D
    I think I did something like, pt Oops!, afterwards.

Oh, and I -did- try to target it with a DEMON BLAST <newbie>. But ... it doesn't take a target, and so DEMON BLAST got matched by the game, and @Alcinae got fired down the gun barrel that is the Road of Eternity. And, the newbie, of course, went the other direction (figures).
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I never lead.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • XerXer Langley
    Earring the entire group just before we finish destroying a room because I'm getting crushed/choked/meteored/radianced out because I forgot to lose everyone before leaving -_- I think we failed to take one of Ashtan's rooms because of it too and I embarrassed myself in front of the ladies as a result afterwards D:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0