News

This is 100% my idea and @Iocun had nothing to do with it. 

Please implement: READNEWS <section> LATEST

Because Iocun... I mean -I- don't like to check NSTAT every time I want to try and reread the most recent announce post or whichever.

Add commentary if you have additional ideas.

Comments

• Easiest method I can think of is to add a modifier to RNA to allow you to specify the section.

RNA ANNOUNCE for example
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • That's an interesting idea, @Peak. I never thought of that, but really, it makes a lot of sense and should be implemented immediately.

Alternatively, what @Trevize said would be cool too, but I often actually want to read the -latest- one, not necessarily the one I read last, so I'd still prefer @Peak's variant.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I just hit RN. I ignored all the newsboards I don't want read so it wasn't that big of a deal.

I do admit this would be useful for alting but then again I just READNEWS ANNOUNCE #### with whatever the last post number is etc.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I search through announce posts a lot, sometimes going back years. Being able to go back to the latest post without having to NSTAT and then manually type in the number would be fantastic.
  • There's NSTAT CATCHUP <section> but it only catches up that section; it doesn't display the latest news post.
  • I need a mind blown gif...
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • Jonners said:
    I need a mind blown gif...