Shop of Wonders trade ins

Could we perhaps have a function where an item from the Shop of Wonders could be traded in for anything worth 2/3 of the crown value or less of the original purchase? Or trade in for 2/3 - 1/2 rounded down of bound crowns? If you have something that you paid 5+ crowns for, that's a fair bit to essentially be useless if it's something you no longer need. Rounded down it's not heaps, it's a substantial loss.

It would also be a way to get rid of something that cost 1 crown without bugging admin. You could just trade it in for nothing. (non forcible, clearly!)

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

Comments

• This would be great. Especially with things like the viewing glasses, where there's essentially a level 1 and a level 2, and you can't "upgrade" without losing 100% of the cost of the lesser version.
  • I like the idea very much.

Katzchen said:
    ... It would also be a way to get rid of something that cost 1 crown without bugging admin. You could just trade it in for nothing. (non forcible, clearly!)
    Why would you want to get rid of something if it's not getting you any bound crowns back, though?
  • Did you get sick of your bird too?
  • Jakiro said:
    I like the idea very much.

Katzchen said:
    ... It would also be a way to get rid of something that cost 1 crown without bugging admin. You could just trade it in for nothing. (non forcible, clearly!)
    Why would you want to get rid of something if it's not getting you any bound crowns back, though?
    Dislike clutter?

• Achaea said:
    You are holding:
          horn######          a ram's horn
    Uh, yes please?
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited October 2013

Did you get sick of your bird too?
    I only have three shop of wonders items, and will always want them, other than maybe trading in the stationary kit for a style I like better some day in future possibly, so it's not really for me. I did just buy someone a more expensive shop of wonders item, which may not be of use for them forever, when they get skills or artefacts that make it obsolete, so it reminded me. I just think it's a nice idea.

It is one thing that put me off considering a shard vice before they were removed. I didn't want to be left with it if Mhaldor's attempts at raising icons failed. I think several people in the city were.

• I'd like to see crowns return half value - and for crowns to be stored in half value. So 1 crown would return 0.5, 2 would return 1, 3 would return 1.5, et cetera.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • edited October 2013
    So the only way to get the other half value is to trade in an odd crown worth item? Seems like it would be creating unusable currency. I'd rather it go down to a whole number. Perhaps an option to trade for X crowns or 10 bound credits per crown trade-in?
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • Jonners said:
    So the only way to get the other half value is to trade in an odd crown worth item? Seems like it would be creating unusable currency. I'd rather it go down to a whole number. Perhaps an option to trade for X crowns or 10 bound credits per crown trade-in?
    If you can't get more by trading it, you could always sell the half a crown to someone? Then they could get two such sales and have a whole crown. Or just seek to buy half a crown?

I don't have anything I'd trade in like that, I was just leaning more towards options for those who do.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Somehow I don't think the transfer system was built with decimals in mind.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • are we going to get any feedback on this from @sarapis or @tecton ?  I know i have stuff I would ratehr not have anymore.

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    No plans to, no! If you've got items you no longer want, feel free to ISSUE yourself and request it's removal - please be sure to include the item#
  • Thank you!