Blademaster Bands

Greetings!

Purchasing a band currently gives a 5/10/15% addition to damage and speed, makes it reset, and non-decay.

What are the chances of making it give you the ability to re-name your blade once every Achaean year or something?

No offense to Murad, he does a fine job forging and naming the blades, but it would be cool to be able to name my blade something more in accordance to my RP!

Thoughts?

Atalkez

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.

Comments

• It's come up before and been definitively denied. They want blade names to come from Murad. They do not want people to come up with their own blade names, not for any amount of credits. I'm not sure if a specific reason has been given for this, but you can speculate on why it might be.
  • Some of the ideas that have come up in the past for adding a certain amount of choice in the name, or at least improve the pool of possible words, would be good, but not giving people free reign to name them. Don't want to have to hire a dedicated Celani to go around deleting every Excaliboner or whatever.
  • Well I doubt anyone that would spend 400+ credits for a band would be naming it Excaliboner.

I didn't know it had been brought up before, so thanks for that info!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I had swords named Raindrops and Snowflakes. You'd be surprised what some people will name something given half an opportunity.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kresslack said:
    There's an item on the list to be coded which will make blade names more appropriate based on factions. The thought of being slain by someone's 'Giant Black Dildo' is frightening and it would take a lot of PR for someone to recover from that....maybe even therapy. 
    Whispering Star rings out brightly as you rapidly draw it from a scabbard of charcoal leather.

Forged from a pale alloy of the finest steel and lead, this blade exhibits a soft curve along its 
    length, accentuated by a shallow groove carved into the metal. The long tang is encased by a grip of 
    white leather in an intricate cross-hatch pattern. Rounding off the grip is a round pommel fashioned 
    from ivory, affording perfect balance to this masterfully crafted weapon.
    At the base of the blade is a thin band of unknown metal that suffuses the sword with a soft 
    crackling glow.

Trevize is Ouranian.

Got that first try.

<3

Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Trevize said:
    Kresslack said:
    There's an item on the list to be coded which will make blade names more appropriate based on factions. The thought of being slain by someone's 'Giant Black Dildo' is frightening and it would take a lot of PR for someone to recover from that....maybe even therapy. 
    Whispering Star rings out brightly as you rapidly draw it from a scabbard of charcoal leather.

Forged from a pale alloy of the finest steel and lead, this blade exhibits a soft curve along its 
    length, accentuated by a shallow groove carved into the metal. The long tang is encased by a grip of 
    white leather in an intricate cross-hatch pattern. Rounding off the grip is a round pommel fashioned 
    from ivory, affording perfect balance to this masterfully crafted weapon.
    At the base of the blade is a thin band of unknown metal that suffuses the sword with a soft 
    crackling glow.

Trevize is Ouranian.

Got that first try.

<3

Not a huge fan of the name, but very jealous of how that blade looks!

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    My very first blade was Balefull Mercy. I miss it. Then I got Waking Krakens. I miss that one too. :(

• Mine came out very fitting:

Unrelenting Kraken rings out brightly as you rapidly draw it from a fine red leather scabbard ornamented with burnished gold.

Forged from a rust-hued alloy of the finest steel and platinum, this blade exhibits a slight curve along its length, accentuated by a runed groove carved into the metal. The thick tang is encased by a grip of crimson leather in an intricate knotted pattern. Rounding off the grip is a square pommel fashioned from emerald, affording perfect balance to this masterfully crafted weapon. At the base of the blade is a thin band of unknown metal that suffuses the sword with a soft icy glow.
  • Excaliboner fucking brilliant
  • I'm not a blademaster anymore, but the first blade was Evening Ocean. Still have it to this day. And its beautiful. Banded it and all.