Ministries

In the interest of streamlining the ministries, could some of the ministry powers be shifted around to make it so that you don't have to be a part of several different ministries to be effective in your role with one ministry?

The two things that really stick out are:
  • CITY LOCK and CITY UNLOCK, which can be removed now from Chancellor, and added to Security and Development.
  • ARENA SETUP and INIT EVENT added to War (and perhaps Security) to facilitate usage of the arena in training.
There's probably a bunch of things that could be moved around and between logs, but those two would be a useful starting point.

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    City lock only works on stockroom doors and in subdivisions, no?

I personally don't see a problem with aiding to other ministries while being in a ministry. And some of those abilities are spread out and overlapping so you have ministries working together in a city.

The Ambassador and Culture, War and Security, Development with Trade, etc.

As a security aide, I purposely don't want to be a part of Culture because I have little to no interest in running events or games of any kind. If I wanted to be able to do that, I would join that ministry.

Why not just make certain things like arena usage and city locking powers that are accessible to the city council on top of aides of those ministries? These are the prople you trust to run your city and they should be able to do most of these things by default if it's requested of them.

It's just my personal opinion as someone already involved in four ministries, but I don't feel it's a requirement to shuffle everything around.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    Even make it so that ministers have these abilities. That are being spoken of.  I would also like to see the Ambassador be able to title novices.  Right now in Targossas we have one person that can title people.  If we have older members join that were Shallamese they still carry Shallam titles until Silas and they are in the realms at the same time so that they can title.
  • Silas said:
    Yeah, I like that idea. Allow the Ambassador (and aides?) to title CR1s.
    I may be missing something here, why not CF some people to 4? 
    Tekk said:
    Silas said:
    Yeah, I like that idea. Allow the Ambassador (and aides?) to title CR1s.
    I may be missing something here, why not CF some people to 4? 
    We have one person in the city besides the Divine that can CF.  We are slowly getting people CF'd but we also don't want to just CF people so that they can title or do other things they gain at different ranks.  You must earn your CF's.
  • Can't "council members" cf?
  • Rangor said:
    Can't "council members" cf?
    Only cr6 I think... (mechanically) can't CF as a Minister in Mhaldor anyway. Targossas only has one Lumarch.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Targossas has no Council yet since I last checked. It's just Silas.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited October 2013
    snark
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    CR6 may CF at will, but if you are on the ruling council, you can CF regardless of rank, though obviously those with lower CR will give favours of less weightage, meaning it will take more favours from them to gain a higher CR.

I hope that made sense, I'm half asleep.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• On a (semi-) related note, can we change the command for appointing aides so that it's in line with other CITY commands (or at least shows up when you just enter CITY without any arguments)?  Something like "CITY APPOINT [person] AS AIDE {TO [Ministry]}" would be lovely.
    Rangor said:
    Can't "council members" cf?

We don't have any Lumarch's besides Silas at the moment.
    Adet said:
    On a (semi-) related note, can we change the command for appointing aides so that it's in line with other CITY commands (or at least shows up when you just enter CITY without any arguments)?  Something like "CITY APPOINT [person] AS AIDE {TO [Ministry]}" would be lovely.
    Now come on Adet it's fun when you spend 20 minutes trying to remember how to aide someone and look up help (whatever ministry you run) and you still can't find the command and ask a random person and they point you to help ministers where you finally find the silly thing.
  • HELP STEWARD is fun, mostly because there's only been, like, eight Stewards in the history of the game.

• It's so weird not having Carri as Steward.