Roaming Credits.

2»

Comments

• Make unbound credits that have been bought IG not be transferable to offline characters, therefore you can't transfer them to an alt without multiplaying... :)
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • @Cardan, come back. :(

• @Korben's idea seems the cleanest.

• OceanaOceana North Sea
    I find the 0 credits from @Korben's report confusing, if you have 100 you can transfer, than you have more than 0...
  • I think it could be worded a little bit better, but essentially, he bought 100 credits OOCly, used them on lessons/arties/wtfever, but didn't use the ability to transfer the 100 credits OOCly, and thus that ability can be applied to credits he obtains ICly.

Basically, with his system, when you purchase X credits by the website, you would get two things in return: X credits, and the ability to transfer X credits without discretion, whether they be the same credits you bought from the website, or credits you obtained otherwise.

I think his idea is the cleanest, but I also don't think the admin would support it.
  • Roaming credits...

Can you credit me now?

If it's something you mark and unmark yourself for your own records, why can't it be done elsewhere? No objections from me on it, I just don't see the point. Nice concept if it did it automatically, but it would be difficult.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Freedom!!!!!!!! We should be free to do add we please with all unbound credits! If they are not to be transferred, then make them unbound.

•  

Borran said:
      If they are not to be transferred, then make them unbound.

ftfy

• CardanCardan The Garden
    For the record, I have actually investigated a small group of players over the course of three months previously who were using alts to rat enough gold for org credit sales and then transfer the credits to their mains via each other's alts. Anything to do with credits is generally taken very seriously which includes the logging of transactions. If need be, we can and do go audit through player's transaction if we feel that they are breaking the rules, but it is a crap of a job so not something I like to do.

The main thing against any change in either the case of the OP or Korben's variation is that the credit code is mostly common across all the games (fiscal record keeping requirements and such) which means making any changes to how credit purchases and transfers work is no small matter.

I'll leave this open for now while I have a chat with @Tecton about it, but I don't know that this would be something that we are likely to be messing with any time soon.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Thank you for responding, @Cardan. As an alternative, would it be possible for people to "issue me" and ask how many of their credits can be transferred to alts? Is it something you can get with a simple query, or is it a helluva job?
  • Having bought as many credits as I have with the $$$$'s, I just assume all my unbound credits can be freely transfered between characters.

• edited October 2013
    Rangor said:
    Having bought as many credits as I have with the $$$$'s, I just assume all my unbound credits can be freely transfered between characters.

This, right here, is the crux of the problem. Until it's possible to identify individual credits and track whether they were bought with IC or OOC means, I'd say that 50% of the playerbase could probably make a very good argument for having x-hundred roaming credits. For me, it comes down to the mens rea; if somebody is trying to circumvent the system by having a mutual-m----------- party with a group of their buddies and play 'Pass the credits', such as in Cardan's example, then they clearly need paddling. In the case of a genuine error, I really hope people are getting a few warning shots before anyone reaches for shrub button.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • They tend to be pretty reasonable with genuine mistakes, in the sense that I've only ever heard of people being punished for actual abuse of the system. Given how Achaeans love to complain, I'm quite certain we'd have heard of people getting bitchslapped for miscounting.

I still think the added security of the ideas in this thread would be nice, though.

• Yeah, we really only punish people here when there is clearly intent to mess around.
  • Xith said:

Oceana said:
    @Xith

Such as:
    - forgetting to convert them, and not remembering afterwards how many there were
    - converting "insane" credits to "sane" credits, by accident or not (also hard to track for admins, probably, and if they can track them, then they can also tag them for us)
    The problem I see is that "roaming" is a tag that you would have only assigned to purchased credits from the site, but that doesn't cover all OOC credits, such as coding payment or simple person to person gifts, meaning those recipients still have to convert or label the credits anyway.
    I think the acquisition of non-roaming credits is easier to tag:
    - CFS
    - creditsale
    - achaean quest
    - etc

But it also has a hardcodeable effect in not being able to accidentally cross-transfer them to an alt. If you designate them as "roaming", that's an aesthetic label and simply means they can be transferred, which they already could... Make sense?

The reason I approached it from the other side is so that the work that goes into this supposed coding has an effect on credit transferring, which was the goal, I think.
    Yeah rather than marking site credit purchases as "roaming", wouldn't it be easier to make gold-purchased credits in-game appear automatically as "Sane" credits in your stats (i.e. credits that can be sold on your character but not given to alts)?
    All sane means of acquiring unbound credits should add those to the Sane pool. The only trick is when "sane" transfers from player-to-player occur, there's no objective way to determine if it was a sane or insane transfer (e.g. for coding vs. enchantment).

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.