Runeblade Removal!

2»

Comments

• Okay, hang on.

Either you think that the RP thing is important, in which case it makes -sense- to not have a trove of runeblades at your disposal, or you do not, in which case there's really little justification.

The bottom line is this: there's a possible benefit you could get, gifting/selling a runebladed weapon you no longer have any use for, versus not. The only justification I've heard for it taking some time is RP-based. And, apparently, your own, which is... they should take long to unempower because they should take long to unempower. I'm not sure how you can argue against a possible benefit over a net negative, if you can't even present a reasonable justification for it.

As for the arbitrariness of wanting to give away a sword you no longer have any need for, you're right. Will it kill someone to wait an RL month to do it? No, probably not. Will it kill others to have you be able to give it faster than a month? No, probably not. Simple arithmetic, to me. +1 > 0?

If you want to make Runeblading take longer, fine, whatever. I don't really see the need for it, but whatever.
  • I surrender, you win.  Lets talk runelore instakill now.  How come we don't have it?
  • Cuz of for strategy, would be my guess.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Just create a cap of something like 4 weapons can be runebladed at once (set of rapiers, set of broadsword/axes).  Runeblades fade instantly if the runelorist changes classes.  Similar option of raido where you can SEVER the connection.
  • It already takes an exorbitant amount of time to forge a weapon worth using in the first place, I'd vote for allowing them to be unbound by the Runewarden that bound them using some amount of every ink and a significant willpower drain.
  • Removing a rune effect with ink seems nonsensical to me, but I always assumed there'd be hefty a willpower cost associated with removing the empowerment of a weapon/suit of armor.