New Forums

Comments

• You guys just need better bosses. ;)

• edited October 2012
    I'd ask if you/IRE are hiring... but I just got myself marked as an official forum troll.
  • edited October 2012
    I like the new skin. The old one felt very, ah, "work in progress," while this is more reflective of the forum's purpose and the game as a whole. The siren with pasties might be a bit much.

If nothing else, there's View -> Page Style -> No Style. It's not terribly convenient, but it's passably work-safe.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited October 2012
    I have no bosses to answer to, per se, but when you're working in a public school full of middle schoolers, our current background tends to grab their eyes!

Explaining MUDs (and sirens with pasties) to 11-14 year olds is awkward.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Was this not a problem on the last version of the forums? (www.achaea.com/forum)
  • Rakon said:
    How' about a darker theme that's not so eye-grabbing 'HEY YOU'RE NOT WORKING!' style. (Such as the huge Achaea banner up top currently is. 
    At my work it's actually the darkness at all that catches attention.  The white blended right in with everything.  And yes, @Serapis, I do need a better boss.  Mine won't even let me play Achaea at work.  Such unbearable working conditions.
    Sarapis said:

Was this not a problem on the last version of the forums? (www.achaea.com/forum)

Only recently had access to anything online at work (they really screw subs in terms of being able to use any wireless/school computers), so not had the problem myself.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Sarapis said:
    Was this not a problem on the last version of the forums? (www.achaea.com/forum)
    I never bothered with the old forums for that reason.
  • Well, I think we're probably going to stick with the darker background (sorry Idelisa!) but I can take the Siren off and see what I can do about a background that's a little less in-your-face fantasy. We're sort of limited here insofar as we don't have a lot of art that looks this good.
  • It still looks great, regardless!  Keep up the good work. :)
  • Thanks. Not sure what I'll be able to do, but there'll be less pasties (actually, have a version of the Siren with slightly...slightly...more modest clothing that I just found out about).

• Don't mind a dark theme, but would really appreciate something a bit less loud.
    Also, while many people have mentioned the siren, I'm not sure anyone mentioned her tsol'aa sister on the left. Her face is entirely blocked out by the logo, but that banner covers her chest in a rather awkward way, and it's a rather awkwardly uncovered chest.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • @Jiraishin How blocked her face is depends on your browser width. I see her face, for instance but I'm on 1900px wide.
  • What happened to page 3...? All I get is the "Leave a Comment" box.
  • Alyssea said:
    What happened to page 3...? All I get is the "Leave a Comment" box.
    Same for me.
  • edited October 2012
    Melodie said:
    I have no bosses to answer to, per se, but when you're working in a public school full of middle schoolers, our current background tends to grab their eyes! Explaining MUDs (and sirens with pasties) to 11-14 year olds is awkward.
    you're not supposed to play at work! (at least, the sub service I work for is like, 'IF YOU TOUCH A COMPUTER, YOU'RE FIRED). This is awkward when the teacher leaves a movie for the smartboard, but whatever. I do the job I'm asked to do. 

edit: Saw @melodie's more recent comment down below. Grats for getting access! My sub service still sucks :(

Didn't really get access. The home ec teacher I sub for a lot just likes me and gave me her login/pass. *cackle*

Thus Melodie escaped being in trouble with Human HR.
  • Back OT - I like the new skin in terms of colours/breaking up the white. I also only keep windows at half-width for ease of multi-tasking so siren-pastie-chick isn't too visible for me. (I had to go looking for her). 

+1 to the team, and thank you :)<3

• I preferred the plain white, but taking away the Tsol'aa and/or Siren would be an improvement, at least.
  • For those who really don't want to see a fantasy header on a fantasy forum, I recommend AdBlock Plus.

Right click -> Adblock Plus: Block Image -> Custom: http://www.achaea.com/sites/all/themes/achaea/images/group-banner-faded.jpg
  • the forum takes a bit longer to load for me since the new skin arrived... otherwise, it's great.

would appreciate a forum-specific option to keep it the skin white, though. maybe NSFW for me, depends on how fast I alt-tab, I guess.

• @Tarkanian No such option is possible sadly. Vanilla forums doesn't believe in giving users the ability to change skins. I disagree with them but nothing I can do about it.
  • either way, great work as always, @Sarapis! i'll just have to kill my boss.
  • This is almost certainly a stupid question, but is there a way to block the skin without installing something?

• @Jiraishin: I would recommend putting Portable Firefox on a flash drive, and attaching AdBlock Plus to that.
  • Does that mean no?

• Is setting your browser to not load images automatically an option?
  • @Jiraishin: It means that I'm not sure what you mean by "install," since I'm talking about a plugin for a stand-alone program.
  • When I clicked the button for AdBlock Plus, it required permission to install software on my computer.

• Sarapis said:
    @Tarkanian No such option is possible sadly. Vanilla forums doesn't believe in giving users the ability to change skins. I disagree with them but nothing I can do about it.
    You probably should have expected something like that from a software called Vanilla.